Page 598 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,950 of 41810

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    A family friend is defending Trump on my uncle's facebook post, said he was "the best president in my lifetime." JFC.
    Were they born after late January 2009?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

NATHAN EXPLOSION

Name:  4fc3216a8d5bf500a092f031ac409a11.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  37.5 KB

Name:  3fcf7b6ccdc936f5c2cd4e36db5db956.gif
Views: 2397
Size:  158.0 KB

Name:  200.gif
Views: 2604
Size:  686.4 KB

Name:  MediocreThisArkshell-max-1mb.gif
Views: 3375
Size:  624.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Curt Didier is just trying to get press for another shot at something bigger than commissioner. He will fail again. Not enough Joe Gibbs fans in the TC.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The football player thinks he's a lawyer now? That's cute. Something tells me the state attorneys are about to make an interception.
    Jesus Christ folks. The ex-Redskin is CLINT Didier, not Curt. Having played for Gibbs does not mean he isn't batshit insane. I'm sure a brain diagnosis would confirm CTE.

A family friend is defending Trump on my uncle's facebook post, said he was "the best president in my lifetime." JFC.
    He seems pretty articulate for a three year old

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    NATHAN EXPLOSION

Name:  3fcf7b6ccdc936f5c2cd4e36db5db956.gif
Views: 2397
Size:  158.0 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Jesus Christ folks. The ex-Redskin is CLINT Didier, not Curt. Having played for Gibbs does not mean he isn't batshit insane. I'm sure a brain diagnosis would confirm CTE.
    KQ just made a typo. The County Commissioner in question is in fact Clint Didier, the former pro football player.

https://www.co.franklin.wa.us/commissioners/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Didier

You only know one of these?

So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous uhm, whether its ultraviolet or, just very powerful light, and i think you said that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it, and then i said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do, either through the skin, or uhh, in some other way, and i think you said you were going to test that too sounds interesting, right, and then i see the disinfectant knocks it out, in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by, injection inside or, or, almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that so that you're going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds, it sounds interesting to me.

“May be we should shine UV through the body to kill the virus”

we are so screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    if true, I am liking Sweden more and more !
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    You only know one of these?

So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous uhm, whether its ultraviolet or, just very powerful light, and i think you said that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it, and then i said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do, either through the skin, or uhh, in some other way, and i think you said you were going to test that too sounds interesting, right, and then i see the disinfectant knocks it out, in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by, injection inside or, or, almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that so that you're going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds, it sounds interesting to me.
    Is this English? WTF

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Is this English? WTF?
    Trump verbatim if you didn't know

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Of course, I fully expect that some of you after watching will continue posturing and acting like DUMB bitches.
    FIFY no need to give all bitches bad name

Somehow feels like a planned distraction.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/us/az-nurse-coronavirus-rally

would be cool to see other first responders join the nurses... hell, it would be nice to see anyone join them. No “protests” in NM yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ^^ not promising for Georgia, Tennessee, et al
    Or Colorado?

Look, I haven't seen any plan that makes me or my family or anyone we know feel comfortable leaving our homes except as we have for the past month and a half. The same dopes that didn't listen in the first place will continue per the same.

Who goes first in this statewide race to another spike? Who wouldn't ridicule the states that do?

I disagree with our Governor's decision to progressively re-open, but having read and provided analysis of his 4/20 order to clients, both local and national, that are affected by the shallow pool of businesses that were moved from the category of "Required to Close" to "Non-Critical Infrastructure" the effect is meaningless. There's no way in actual practice that any of the listed businesses can re-open and maintain the 20 mandatory protective measures and be in compliance with the Order.

This is risk shifting from the state saying "I'm not preventing you from being open" to making the business bear the burden of adhering to the law while also not having the protection from lenders and landlords saying "I can't re-open due to force majeure". Those that open are at risk of aggressive litigation by those who can trace an exposure while visiting a business that re-opened.

Anyway, like I said before, and as I have confirmed from colleagues at the state house, this is really Hollywood/Film/TV related, they need their massive tax credits that they can sell for cash and they won't be able to be sold until the state reopens. /shrug
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Skip to 5min in.

I only listened to the intro of his talk--I'll come back to it later, but his message seems to be that the scientific challenge of defeating the pandemic is simple but that testing, manufacture of therapeutics and vaccines, and distribution is the bottleneck. Since we can't seem to figure out testing, can't manufacture simple masks, and can't distribute food it would seem that that bottleneck is formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Interesting--it's an antiinflammatory/immune suppressant used for some of the same conditions as hydroxychloroquine. Blocks one of the cytokines of "cytokine storm" fame.

Yeah, we use tocilizumab a lot, at least relative to just about anybody else. We're one of the sites for administrating it to SARS CoV2 patients who are pretty far along, as part of an early-phase trial. Personally, I'm not so sure it'll help or hinder, because it was originally designed to ameliorate autoimmune rather than infectious situations, but hey, these are trying times. More optimistic about using IgG from previously infected donors, we administered to our first patient earlier this week, again as part of early-phase trial with the Mayo. Patient seems to be responding, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, we use tocilizumab a lot, at least relative to just about anybody else. We're one of the sites for administrating it to patients who are pretty far along, as part of an early-phase trial. Personally, I'm not so sure it'll help or hinder, because it was originally designed to ameliorate autoimmune rather than infectious situations, but hey, these are trying times. More optimistic about using IgG from previously infected donors, we administered to our first patient earlier this week, again as part of early-phase trial with the Mayo. Patient seems to be responding, fingers crossed.
    Keep us updated and stay safe

@OG: No, it's gonna be great, we're gonna have the best drugs, the best masks, it's gonna be beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Is this English? WTF

That's our dear leader.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I only listened to the intro of his talk--I'll come back to it later, but his message seems to be that the scientific challenge of defeating the pandemic is simple but that testing, manufacture of therapeutics and vaccines, and distribution is the bottleneck. Since we can't seem to figure out testing, can't manufacture simple masks, and can't distribute food it would seem that that bottleneck is formidable.

Technically, in science, that is known as a complete clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @OG: No, it's gonna be great, we're gonna have the best drugs, the best masks, it's gonna be beautiful.
    Really all you need is to shove a UV blacklight up your ass and chug a gallon of bleach. I guarantee that'll make sure it'll get rid of the Chinky Rat Flu in the MAGA-ite who follows that sage medical advice.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Or Colorado?

Look, I haven't seen any plan that makes me or my family or anyone we know feel comfortable leaving our homes except as we have for the past month and a half. The same dopes that didn't listen in the first place will continue per the same.

Who goes first in this statewide race to another spike? Who wouldn't ridicule the states that do?

I disagree with our Governor's decision to progressively re-open, but having read and provided analysis of his 4/20 order to clients, both local and national, that are affected by the shallow pool of businesses that were moved from the category of "Required to Close" to "Non-Critical Infrastructure" the effect is meaningless. There's no way in actual practice that any of the listed businesses can re-open and maintain the 20 mandatory protective measures and be in compliance with the Order.

This is risk shifting from the state saying "I'm not preventing you from being open" to making the business bear the burden of adhering to the law while also not having the protection from lenders and landlords saying "I can't re-open due to force majeure". Those that open are at risk of aggressive litigation by those who can trace an exposure while visiting a business that re-opened.

Anyway, like I said before, and as I have confirmed from colleagues at the state house, this is really Hollywood/Film/TV related, they need their massive tax credits that they can sell for cash and they won't be able to be sold until the state reopens. /shrug
    In Colorado, Denver and the counties all up and down the Front Range are extending the Stay At Home until May 8th now. Makes sense. Wish the governor had been clearer about that yesterday that that was likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    In Colorado, Denver and the counties all up and down the Front Range are extending the Stay At Home until May 8th now. Makes sense. Wish the governor had been clearer about that yesterday that that was likely to happen.
    Same with the mayors and/or county commissioners of Atlanta, Macon, Cobb, Roswell, Marietta, Savannah and every other non-bumfuck part of this state. It made for a neat meme that I wholeheartedly shared, but the reality is, those with common sense seem to be prevailing. YMMV.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Model suggests the virus spread widely in the US before detection. I've been banging this drum for a little while, it seemed to me like it had to be true. Part of this goes back to initial introduction/creation/birth if this virus, which I still believe was substantially earlier than we're hearing (even though they keep moving it back): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/u...gtype=Homepage

Seems to be agreement that there was an animal reservoir for the SARS-CoV-2 virus: bats, civet cats, whatever. And a jump to humans. But when?

Greene wondered if the fish market outbreak was simply the first to get attention and possibly the virus was circulating much earlier than that in China.
    “Certainly it’s possible someone travelled from Wuhan, but they would have had to have been at the market and then gone to San Francisco and then infected someone else. That timeline is getting very, very tight,” Greene said. “I’m really starting to question how long this virus has been circulating in humans.”
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/science/...y-15219911.php