Page 1439 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 ... LastLast
Results 35,951 to 35,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Yea but I have become one of those old dude’s who talks to himself while walking down the road
    Communication lines officially blurred
    And remember when you see that old dude sitting under a tree talking to no one you can see
    It’s me remember what I was. And throw me the other half of your samich
    It’s always appreciated.
    Get a Bluetooth thingy for your ear. Don't turn it on. Talk away. I'd give you half my sandwich.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6274.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	559.6 KB 
ID:	379343

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6274.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	559.6 KB 
ID:	379343
    Who says I was taking a leak?

So I was in the produce section the other day and the kid with the produce cart was in the way so without missing a beat I said with a deadpan delivery

" excuse me I need to take a leek "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We need a like button
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

“Excuse me, why do these apples smell like my cat’s ass?”

Not good and we were doing so well. Guess I won't be dropping that mask afterall:

Walla Walla, Umatilla counties topping COVID-19 spread list

Walla Walla, Benton and Franklin counties are leading the state of Washington and most of Idaho and Oregon in recent new cases of COVID-19, according to data from the Brown University School of Public Health.

Walla Walla County has the highest rate in the three states, with 28.5 new cases per day per 100,000 people over seven days, the university reported Tuesday, using data from the Harvard Global Health Institute and other partners.

County health officials here reported 215 active cases of the virus on Wednesday, July 14. On the same date in 2020, there were 69 active cases in Walla Walla County and 76 cases on July 15, well before any vaccine was available.

In a Facebook post earlier this week, Department of Community Health officials said in June, Walla Walla County had more positive COVID-19 cases than April and May combined and that just nine days into July, there were 37 more cases that the first nine days of the previous month.

Brown University characterized Walla Walla County’s COVID-19 level at being at the “tipping point” and Benton and Franklin counties as having “accelerated spread.”

Franklin County had a rate of 23.1 cases, and Benton County had a rate of 20.9 cases.

Across the state line, as of July 14, Umatilla County had a rate of 24.6 cases per 100,000 people, with a seven-day average of about 19 new cases per day.

That’s nearly double the rate or more of other Oregon counties in the accelerated spread category; Umatilla County is headed into the “tipping point” of 25-plus cases per 100,000 people. That would have warranted stay-at-home orders under Oregon’s former risk level plan.

In northern Idaho, Shoshone County had a daily case rate of 21.1, ranking it fourth. By comparison, Washington’s most populous county, King County, had a case rate of 5.1.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oh dear gawd. I’m going to have that word stuck in my mind all day.

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Stories from around the globe of covid spiking
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...korean-warship

What's "data" 3ungulate?

My understanding is that a better case can be made that people who have had Covid may only need one shot of an mRNA vaccine. I haven't read anything on this in a few months.
    My feeling is that those of us with peripherally related scientific or medical training should confine our comments to fora like this and leave the public commenting to people active in the field in question.
    Dr. Noorchashm's immunology PhD is nearly 20 years old and it doesn't sound like he's been active in the field since then.
    I tend to be wary of people who posture as iconoclasts. For every Galileo there are dozens of Wakefields. But there are Galileos, so we have to keep an open mind. (Note, though that Galileo did his own research, unlike a lot of cranks who misinterpret other people's work.)

Not everyone with "Dr." before their name or "MD" after it is deserving of attention.
    So you are saying that my high school buddy who began his comment that he is “not an anti vaxer” and the claimed “this is his field” (btw, he is a bio chemist that specializes in micro filters and bio remediation) should likely be ignored?

Now sure seems like a good time to release an engineered virus. Something in the smallpox class. E.g. if you were a large country that's demonstrated effective virus control. Or a whacked in the head environmentalist. Or misanthrope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    So you are saying that my high school buddy who began his comment that he is “not an anti vaxer” and the claimed “this is his field” (btw, he is a bio chemist that specializes in micro filters and bio remediation) should likely be ignored?
    What's bio remediation?

What's bio remediation?
    Oil spill cleanup?

What's bio remediation?
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Oil spill cleanup?
    Picking up dog poop?

Janitor at the pron studio

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Janitor at the pron studio
    Reliable source!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post

You’re comparing Covid (the new flu) to the old flu that was reminiscent of the flu of 1918… if you go back to when that flu first came out, it had almost the same effect. And in 5-10 years, Covid shots will be the new flu shots… I mean look; it’s already happening. Every year you’re going to have to get a Covid booster for the X/Y/Z variant that’s “more dangerous and deadly” than the last one 🙄

but keep on that fear mongering bud. It seems like it’s working wonders for you and all the others on this site.

what? influenza will still kill 20-60k a year regardless of what covid does. they’re completely separate.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    what? influenza will still kill 20-60k a year regardless of what covid does. they’re completely separate.
    Correct; the current flu strain is just a mutated form of the 1918 flu pandemic. Coronavirus is a new flu virus. It’s literally going to be treated the same way as the flu in 5-10 years. You don’t see people yelling at other people to go and get the yearly flu vaccine because it could make them sick. In 5-10 years when we’ve had more contact with this new coronavirus, we’re going to treat it like the fucking yearly flu that it is.

so if i get what you’re saying: in ten years the vaccines will be accepted and we will all go and get a booster covid shot and a flu shot every fall?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    fear mongering
    615k deaths in the US, not to mention the rest of the world
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa..._pandemic_data
    All in a little over a year.
    And we are not done with it.

Urging people to accept this reality shouldn’t be as difficult as it is, but thanks to people like you who dismiss it in the face of all facts, people still cover their eyes & ears to addressing the problem directly.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    so if i get what you’re saying: in ten years the vaccines will be accepted and we will all go and get a booster covid shot and a flu shot every fall?
    do you get a flu shot every year? Most people that are healthy, in shape, with no adverse health effects do not get a flu shot as typically, its nothing serious. Same shit with Covid. Protect the sick and the unable but to shut down the entire country because of the minority was ridiculous. And it’s going to happen again. Cases are going to go up because it’s going to get colder and more people generally get sick in winter than in summer. We’ll be back to masks and distancing come winter (although I seriously hope I’m wrong) if what I’m seeing on here and in the news (in so far as cases rising so we need masks) comes true.