Page 261 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    if they sent martha stewart to jail for insider trading - that bitch deserves it in spades
    She didn't go to jail for insider trading, she got sent to jail for lying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Fuck it.
    Whatever.
    I hope somebody else dies first so maybe they shut us down before it gets me. Or I get it early enough that there’s healthcare available to me.
    Maybe that would be the best thing, going to get it in my job regardless...better to get it early before the hospital is wrecked.

I don’t know why I even care. Back in the day I used to be 100% ready to die every time the helicopter took off. Motorcycles, whatever. I never thought I’d live this long.
    I think I just resent being held in such disregard by the public and my supervisors that exposing me to 150 gross people every day is like “hey maybe we’ll kill the bus driver, but we have to make sure people can go get Doritos and Mountain Dew” I dunno. When it’s time to talk about our pay, we’re not doing important work. When it comes time to protect us from the deadly virus we’re suddenly so important we’re supposed to die for it. Okey dokey. Like I said, Fuck it.
    Hang in there man.

@ BobMc, there’s an article out there talking about how effective common soap is against this. No alc or bleach required in lots of conditions.

Fuck it.
    Whatever.
    I hope somebody else dies first so maybe they shut us down before it gets me. Or I get it early enough that there’s healthcare available to me.
    Maybe that would be the best thing, going to get it in my job regardless...better to get it early before the hospital is wrecked.

I don’t know why I even care. I used to be ready to die every time the helicopter took off. Motorcycles, whatever.
    I think I just resent being held in such disregard by the public and my supervisors that exposing me to 150 gross people every day is like “hey maybe we’ll kill the bus driver, but we have to make sure people can go get Doritos and Mountain Dew” I dunno. Like I said, Fuck it.
    This does suck for you
    I take it they don’t provide you a respirator or latex gloves?
    Seems to me if you get sick it’s a work comp situation. Is your union worth a shit?

An obvious partial solution would be to limit number of passengers at any point in time to achieve distance. Still have issues with cleaning the bus frequently though...

I do think introducing Buford to your supervisor would be worthwhile. Take video.

Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    She didn't go to jail for insider trading, she got sent to jail for lying about it.
    true. you are correct

Here’s wtf I want to know:
    How is a restaurant/bar/gym/sportsball game/office full of people so dangerous we have to kill the economy to eliminate the threat, but a bus full of people even closer together is somehow ok?
    A strong economy benefits the incumbent President's re-election chances, and thus must be destroyed.

===

Also, local transit outside big cities runs at such a tremendous loss that it almost doesn't matter. Here in Tahoe the farebox recovery ratio was around 4%, last I checked. That means bus fares literally paid for 4% of the cost of the bus system. The other 96% was taxpayer subsidies. They instituted a bunch of cuts and route consolidations with the hope of raising that to as much as 8 or 9% (91-92% taxpayer subsidies) which was viewed as a noble but difficult goal that they might not be able to ever meet.

===

Other stuff being done right now

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    true. you are correct
    And now she smokes the chronic with Snoop.

lol - yes - well said, and totally worth the time in the pen

What does Jah Rule say about all this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Wife is good at sewing. We're wondering if those DIY masks work? She wants to use the supplies she has to make a bunch for hospitals and first responders. Anyone know?
    That’s awesome Adolph.... IDK about efficacy , but tell the Mrs. to sew, sew, sew......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

In local news:
    - local distillery has shifted to making hand sanitizer for public safety organizations - giving it away

- lady in front of me at the store Tuesday paid for about half of the groceries for the lady in front of her, when her EBT card wouldn’t work.

-And this lady helps out an elderly couple afraid to go into a store. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...egon-outbreak/

- Was supposed to go on MTB ride Saturday. Found out today that my riding partner was visited by a friend with homemade brownies. After consuming one, his friend told him about just returning from a family wedding in Chicago, and now a bunch of his relatives are now sick. They haven’t been tested though. We aren’t riding together for two weeks...

My wife has a theory that all this shit is gonna bring us closer together like that going forward^^ but I am skeptical.

It. Never. Ends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2385.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	321199

closer together is about the last god damn thing I want to be

Not sure how first responders do it. But thanks for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    It. Never. Ends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2385.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	321199
    I'm calling bullshit.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    One of the stories I read not sure if I saved the link. I guess it’s SOP for the departing administration to run various drills. Obama ran virus disaster, Trump downplayed it. Post the link if you have it.
    Shit even within this admin.

https://apple.news/AdyXE4UAKRI2XsspjGEcQ9A

Not sure how first responders do it. But thanks for doing it.
    ^wife just went back to work for her first RN shift tonight since this shitshow....guess Im gonna see how strong my immune system is
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Here’s wtf I want to know:
    How is a restaurant/bar/gym/sportsball game/office full of people so dangerous we have to kill the economy to eliminate the threat, but a bus full of people even closer together is somehow ok?
    Just call in and say you have a dry cough, problem solved!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

He's too conscientious. He'll keep driving until the authorities realize that having a roving coronavirus ward loose in the city might not be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just call in and say you have a dry cough, problem solved!
    You have to be diagnosed with COVID-19 to get the 2-week Bennie's that they just passed. Maybe if he got tested today it would kick in when the program starts in early April? That is if he's not part of the 48% that don't qualify. Merica! Fuck yeah!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My wife has a theory that all this shit is gonna bring us closer together like that going forward^^ but I am skeptical.
    since your old ladys one of the smarter people I know
    it gave me a smile of hope
    pet the furkids 4 me
    tell the skin ones hi
    and smile
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I think my examples are emblematic - three acts of kindness partially offset by one world class pendejo.

closer together is about the last god damn thing I want to be
    LOL. Kind of like someone posted up thread, they don’t want to be positive about this whole thing

What does Jah Rule say about all this shit?
    “To bring pain to pussy N’s and pussy ho’s, it’s one in the same.”

In unrelated news, I take the dog for a walk every evening around the neighborhood duck pond. Usually it’s pretty empty. A nice side effect (helped by the fact that it’s not raining, 80° and everything is in full bloom) is that the whole neighborhood is out walking dogs every night.

Everyone walking tonight was treated to a glaring example of why we can’t have nice things and are all destined for shelter in place before we know it:

A clearly-coordinated group picnic by the pond, consisting of 5-7 groups of 10-20 young women (say 21-31 years old) a piece, drinking wine and generally having a great time very close to each other, was going despite the shameful sneers of everyone who walked by, much less voicing their concerns.

They got the hint, no clue how long they were there, and then piled into their suvs, 5-8 girls per.

All day rosé when you’re on dad’s account must mean fuck the rest of us.

Probably.

I took it as a sign of things to come and hit the liquor store after my walk (which had the most sanitizer stations I’ve ever seen) and bought an entire regulation bar for the upcoming lock-in.
    I still call it The Jake.

@ BobMc, there’s an article out there talking about how effective common soap is against this. No alc or bleach required in lots of conditions.
    I’ve gotten us by with a few spray bottles I bought early on. We mainly concentrated on the surfaces people would touch coming in and out of the business. Of course now with cases at the high school down the street from us It’s changed the game a bit. After scouring every store around, even hitting arcane stuff like home depot and farm supply stores I’d come up empty. Just as it seemed grim and I was getting ready to close, my wife found a 32 oz bottle of 91% iso in our linen/medicine closet at home. Tupperware container, paper towels, wiping of all surfaces touched (before and after)and I think we’re good to go. (Hope)

I’m also torn on the staying open, we do work on the vehicles of healthcare workers and other essential workers. Most states have deemed auto repair shops as essential in the shelter in place regs so far. So far we’re not on a lock down, I guess I’ll deal with that when (probably not if) it comes.