Page 499 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 41810
    I thought “Cascadia” was the name for Ca, Or, and Wa joining BC, Yukon, and the Alaska panhandle at least as far up as Haines. Including Hawaii would be a nice bonus addition.

If Montana wants to join they can annex the top part of Idaho - maybe include Schweitzer when you do that just cause.

If real estate investment is any indication, Canada only wants four states: FL, AZ, CA, and HI

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    you think all of China does? You think bat is just a regular menu item? Pangolin?

Many Chinese recognize it’s a problem and don’t like the trade and don’t think it’s part of their culture.
    Then they need to end it. And they could in 2 seconds.

Definitely a few Cascadia Flag bumper stickers around here

Name:  cascadiaflag.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  43.7 KB

We'll be fine. Just fine..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	325165

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Stacking ferret cages on chicken cages is a recipe for a disaster that could make Covid-19 a dress rehearsal.
    Have heard several say this is the dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    What's a good name for the new country that comprises CA, OR and WA? Some damn good skiing and water sports in whatever name they come up with.
    Washingtoria

Orewarnia

Caloreton

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    We'll be fine. Just fine..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	325165
    Are those brown spots on the right where you spit Coke on the screen after seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

If Montana wants to join they can annex the top part of Idaho - maybe include Schweitzer when you do that just cause.
    The top part is where all the extremists live.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Oh, but the baijiu, the baijiu....
    Attachment 325154
    Ahhh, throwing back some liquid lobotomy

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    that’s the redoubt? I didn’t know that

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Then they need to end it. And they could in 2 seconds.
    So far, wet markets look like a strategic advantage for China. An occasional flu causing a moderate hit in the home economy, and a large hit in most every other country. Why fix it?
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

I'd like to say I was that surprised.

It's the Taco Bell administration. You take the same ingredients to make something kinda different but it still gives you the shits.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    But most of them want no government whatsoever.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Chinese Rat Flu

People gotta eat and will sell whatever they catch.

If it’s made illegal it will still happen, just in the alley behind the wet market

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's pretty rigid on the corporate side for virulent pathogens like e.coli but only because there's money at stake because the product is (so far, still) generally traceable, not because of USDA, whose inspection presence has been radically curtailed over the past 30 years or so. Not rigid at all for things like diseased animals.
    I know Fast Food Nation is a bit long in the tooth, but the chapter about beef production pushed me over the edge into consuming little beef and other industrial slaughterhouse animal products. Never will I eat a Big Mac again. Remember Mad Cow disease? That was happening around the same time that book was written. Didya hear China mocking our meat industry? And as though our neoliberal big ag friendly policies since then have improved the situation. Many ag states have passed laws after that book and other exposes in various outlets of journalism so that taking photos or filming or even sneaking in and writing about it are crimes. Nobody really knows what is happening in those mega chicken factories now, and they are huge.
    So, the ridicule of Chinese eating habits just make me laugh. Like we're, or really, most any nation, when it comes to slaughtering animals at scale, any better. Drive by one of one of those massive slaughterhouses in Texas on your way to Taos and tell me that is healthy.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 04-13-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I thought “Cascadia” was the name for Ca, Or, and Wa joining BC, Yukon, and the Alaska panhandle at least as far up as Haines. Including Hawaii would be a nice bonus addition..
    California isn't included in Cascadia, except for maybe the very northern part of the state. I've never heard of Yukon being included, either.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Separation of different species of live animals and live animals from human animals would seem to be the most important for new germs. Stacking ferret cages on chicken cages is a recipe for a disaster that could make Covid-19 a dress rehearsal.
    There's all those warnings you read prior to getting a hunting license about not eating wild animals that are acting funny. Pretty hard to do that at a wet market.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I know Fast Food Nation is a bit long in the tooth, but the chapter about beef production pushed me over the edge into consuming little beef and other industrial slaughterhouse animal products. Never will I eat a Big Mac again. Remember Mad Cow disease? That was happening around the same time that book was written. Didya hear China mocking our meat industry? And as though our neoliberal big ag friendly policies since then have improved the situation. Many ag states have passed laws after that book and other exposes in various outlets of journalism so that taking photos or filming or even sneaking in and writing about it are crimes. Nobody really knows what is happening in those mega chicken factories now, and they are huge.
    So, the ridicule of Chinese eating habits just make me laugh. Like we're, or really, most any nation, when it comes to slaughtering animals at scale, are any better. Drive by one of one of those massive slaughterhouses in Texas on your way to Taos and tell me that is healthy.
    +1
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

What in the actual fuck was that video the supreme cheeto just played during his press conference. Shit he says is almost always disturbing, but the propaganda video he just posted was a new low. It’s starting to smell a lot like North Korea with him at the helm.

He's either melting down or performing what is the most amazing television campaigns ever. Time will tell. Personally, I think the networks should shut this shit down. It's disgusting.

Trump’s daily presser is must see TV today. 100% off script. Classic.

Question to those that watch the Trump reality tv propaganda show; why do you watch? Asking for me this time and not a friend. Thanks.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch