Page 1539 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... LastLast
Results 38,451 to 38,475 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    I am surprised that maggots even get sick.
    You have to smoke a warehouse full of weed for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Well, I was absolutely COVID free from age 15 to age 35 so that checks out..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Feeling quite a bit better this AM. That "bone melting" feeling is gone...hopefully for good.

Not gonna lie the tightness/pressure/pain in the dead center of my chest still has me freaked out. Definitely way worse when I lay down. It's not my lungs and it's not heartburn. Really all started after getting the first vax shot in March 2021. Lingered for a couple weeks and then was gone. Totally reappeared last week when my symptoms started.

The chest "spasms" when I laid down to go to sleep were the weirdest/scariest. Nothing to do with my breathing or coughing. Very center of my chest. No spasms the last few nights luckily. Probably Thurs/Fri/Saturday nights these lightening bolt hits dead center. Definitely heart related. Like my heart "skipped a beat".

When I went to the Dr about it last Spring he definitely brushed it off. "Myocarditis isn't really a thing....I guess we could do a sleep study...." That's when he did an EKG in the office and all was good, so I just kind of assumed he was correct cause he's the doctor.

Guess I'm just writing this down so there is at least some record if I don't wake up one of these days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    ...sewersheds (like a watershed, butt different).
    I see you working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Feeling quite a bit better this AM. That "bone melting" feeling is gone...hopefully for good.

Not gonna lie the tightness/pressure/pain in the dead center of my chest still has me freaked out. Definitely way worse when I lay down. It's not my lungs and it's not heartburn. Really all started after getting the first vax shot in March 2021. Lingered for a couple weeks and then was gone. Totally reappeared last week when my symptoms started.

The chest "spasms" when I laid down to go to sleep were the weirdest/scariest. Nothing to do with my breathing or coughing. Very center of my chest. No spasms the last few nights luckily. Probably Thurs/Fri/Saturday nights these lightening bolt hits dead center. Definitely heart related. Like my heart "skipped a beat".

When I went to the Dr about it last Spring he definitely brushed it off. "Myocarditis isn't really a thing....I guess we could do a sleep study...." That's when he did an EKG in the office and all was good, so I just kind of assumed he was correct cause he's the doctor.

Guess I'm just writing this down so there is at least some record if I don't wake up one of these days lol.
    Name:  Kuato.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  52.4 KB

But seriously, hope you're okay.

I have a similar condition, diagnosed years ago and ultimately regarded as innocuous PVC's after a battery of tests. It is jarring and uncomfortable when it happens, but have been told to not worry. They also occur more commonly when I am stressed and tired. So when it began to happen more so with COVID, my doctor thought it was a non-dangerous by product of my symptoms of fatigue and stress. Just one more anecdotal data point that you aren't alone and I am hopeful it isnt anything dangerous for you. That said, you know your body best and should obviously seek continued answers if you are uncomfortable/concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Thanks for asking Sean. Feel like symptoms are lifting today. Still mild. Had a covid clinic visit yesterday where they said things were fine. Talked me out of the PCR test, no point, non contagious for sure by week's end.
    Glad you're not too symptomatic Oft. Hope you're on the tail end of this.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Might be some enlargement of the lymph nodes in the center of the chest--reaction to the vax and then the covid. If that is the case I would expect the feeling to go away. This could show up on an xray but only if they're enlarged a lot.

Fauci now saying we're all going to get it. When Fauci said this I think he was primarily encouraging the unvaccinated to get shots--you're going to get the covid but if you get your shots you won't die. For the rest of us wearing masks and avoiding crowds is to flatten the curve to ease the strain on hospitals and leave room for non-covid cases and to give time for at least some of the holdouts to get shots before they get exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Name:  Kuato.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  52.4 KB

But seriously, hope you're okay.
    Vitamin D will clear that right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    See now you're gonna piss off all the vitamin D fans. Which is a shame because you know full well it's ivermectin FTW there. Come on, man. You're better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I have a similar condition, diagnosed years ago and ultimately regarded as innocuous PVC's after a battery of tests. It is jarring and uncomfortable when it happens, but have been told to not worry. They also occur more commonly when I am stressed and tired. So when it began to happen more so with COVID, my doctor thought it was a non-dangerous by product of my symptoms of fatigue and stress. Just one more anecdotal data point that you aren't alone and I am hopeful it isnt anything dangerous for you. That said, you know your body best and should obviously seek continued answers if you are uncomfortable/concerned.
    Ok this is helpful. Thank you. I'm pretty sure my insurance won't cover it, but I think I will do one of those sleep studies where they send you home with a heart monitor. Is that how your's was diagnosed?

For those riding things out at home, a good thermometer, pulse oximeter, ibuprofen, and cough drops are the key things to have on hand. Maybe some Gatorade if you've got the digestive problems..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ok this is helpful. Thank you. I'm pretty sure my insurance won't cover it, but I think I will do one of those sleep studies where they send you home with a heart monitor. Is that how your's was diagnosed?
    Yes, I had an EKG and a stress test on the treadmill and when that didnt result in much, they sent me home with a holter monitor that gave them solid data that these were innocuous PVCs. It allowed them to see the frequency and timing of the events I suppose. I was also told to do a sleep study, which I never did and frankly should do, as I think I likely have some issues from waking up in the middle of the night after feeling like I stopped breathing for a bit.

I'm still not completely convinced though This all started about a decade ago right after I came back from a Vegas trip where I didn't treat my heart very well.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I thought this was interesting: https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full....202108-1903LE

“Our results suggest that patients with PASC [post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection] have significant impairment in fat β-oxidation and increased blood lactate accumulation during exercise, regardless of previous comorbidities….

To our knowledge, our study provides the first evidence of mitochondrial dysfunction that advances our understanding of the pathogenesis of PACS in patients with preserved pulmonary and cardiac function. Future studies into the mechanisms of mitochondrial dysfunction in individuals with PACS will help accelerate the development of therapies to improve their functional status.”

A buddy is on the by-line. Specializes in pulmonary and young athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Yes, I had an EKG and a stress test on the treadmill and when that didnt result in much, they sent me home with a holter monitor that gave them solid data that these were innocuous PVCs. It allowed them to see the frequency and timing of the events I suppose. I was also told to do a sleep study, which I never did and frankly should do, as I think I likely have some issues from waking up in the middle of the night after feeling like I stopped breathing for a bit.

I'm still not completely convinced though This all started about a decade ago right after I came back from a Vegas trip where I didn't treat my heart very well.
    Thanks. Feel like it may be worth checking into for piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I thought this was interesting: https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full....202108-1903LE

“Our results suggest that patients with PASC [post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection] have significant impairment in fat β-oxidation and increased blood lactate accumulation during exercise, regardless of previous comorbidities….

To our knowledge, our study provides the first evidence of mitochondrial dysfunction that advances our understanding of the pathogenesis of PACS in patients with preserved pulmonary and cardiac function. Future studies into the mechanisms of mitochondrial dysfunction in individuals with PACS will help accelerate the development of therapies to improve their functional status.”

A buddy is on the by-line. Specializes in pulmonary and young athletes.
    I'm definitely not young anymore. Gonna be 38 this month, but I am in the best shape of my life with a pretty good amount of training these days for bike racing.

I feel fucking great when working out though and VO2 max I did late winter of 2021 was pretty damn strong......and this was a year after I am almost certain I had OG covid in Jan 2020.

I went through the rigmarole with PVCs last year. Same thing with the waking up. Likely already known for those talking with docs but magnesium may help, is minimum effort, and is relatively innocuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I went through the rigmarole with PVCs last year. Same thing with the waking up. Likely already known for those talking with docs but magnesium may help, is minimum effort, and is relatively innocuous.
    Yeah several times it's seems like it happens shortly after falling asleep and jolts me awake. Like getting punched right in the heart. Gonna try magnesium. I have the powder and haven't taken it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    See now you're gonna piss off all the vitamin D fans. Which is a shame because you know full well it's ivermectin FTW there. Come on, man. You're better than this.
    Yeah, vit-D is useless, the body doesn’t need any of that silliness …..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, vit-D is useless, the body doesn’t need any of that silliness …..
    See? Coulda just gone with the globally-proven treatment for parasites, but noooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    And if that doesn't work, try buffing it out.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

group buy on colloidal silver?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

pm sent. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I see you working there.
    Hey! It may be shit to you, but to him it's bread and butter. Actual quote to me from a sewer worker.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.