Page 1430 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 ... LastLast
Results 35,726 to 35,750 of 41810
    diabeetus = d'beateredus, right???

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    With 300 Covid deaths a day (recent average), the pandemic's practically over. That's only 110,000 per year. Right up with Alzheimer's. Not nearly as bad as heart disease. If we had a vaccine for heart disease, would people take it? If wearing a mask limited the transmission of Alzheimer's, would people wear them?

At the current rate, Covid's only the top 7 killer of Americans. Take that Diabetes (the old #7).
    There is a vaccine. Lose weight, don't smoke, exercise, eat good food, but not too much, avoid beef, drink a little or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There is a vaccine. Lose weight, don't smoke, exercise, eat good food, but not too much, avoid beef, drink a little or none at all.
    And in two weeks, do it again and you’re good to go. Right?

With 300 Covid deaths a day (recent average), the pandemic's practically over. That's only 110,000 per year. Right up with Alzheimer's. Not nearly as bad as heart disease. If we had a vaccine for heart disease, would people take it? If wearing a mask limited the transmission of Alzheimer's, would people wear them?

At the current rate, Covid's only the top 7 killer of Americans. Take that Diabetes (the old #7).
    So, at twice as deadly as the most deadly flu year, we're at the finish line?
    You just won the internet for the day for being ignorant AND obtuse

I, or my loved ones, can’t catch heart disease or diabetes or Alzheimer’s from idiots that don’t understand simple science or even basic critical thinking.

Read the above sentence again. Then once more. Go for a walk. Ponder it. Report back.

Or don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    diabeetus.
    The doctor isn't even sure I got Diabeetus. He just says I look like somebody who would have it.

is the 300 deaths a day instead of or in addition to all those other deaths ?

you forgot to point out Fentynal OD's are probably bigger killers than all that other stuff btw
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Your meters are busted bad. Sarcasm meters that is.

A couple pokes in the arm is a simple way to knock out a leading cause of death.

A couple pokes in the arm is a simple way to knock out a leading cause of death.
    My bad

Sounded like you were parroting Hannity or Tucker way too much

I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.
    You can catch diabetes and heart disease from an idiot--the idiot in the mirror (says the guy with 3 bypasses.)

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    My bad

Sounded like you were parroting Hannity or Tucker way too much
    Umm, I'm reluctant to comment on why sarcasm is dead. Trying to avoid politics (and why is it politics, it shouldn't be). I blame talking heads such as those you mention. I don't watch them, so was unaware my ridiculous comment could be taken straight. :shrug:

People around here wear $1000 BCA backpacks that don't even prevent avalanches. I assume this crowd is all in for 50 cent masks and $16 shots that do prevent Covid.

I hear BCA is coming out with a backpack that prevents the diabeetus.

jooxmilk o hoodm

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Vaccine dose price reference: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n281
    I pulled $16 out of my ass. It's in the ballpark. Some are cheaper, as low as $4, $2 in EU for AZ. Figuring out what was actually paid may be difficult, did they include research investments and other incentives? If a gov't put $1 Billion investment in and bought 100 million shots, add another $10 to the "list" price. Or maybe not - it's reasonable the government should spend a few billions to protect against a few trillions in economic losses. And a few trillion doesn't even cover the government's losses.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    jooxmilk o hoodm

I really need to lock this phone screen

I really need to lock this phone screen

Just in time to stop me from googling it in Urban Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Just in time to stop me from googling it in Urban Dictionary
    It does look like it could be something offensive in a foreign language. Maybe Dutch?

Umm, I'm reluctant to comment on why sarcasm is dead. Trying to avoid politics (and why is it politics, it shouldn't be). I blame talking heads such as those you mention. I don't watch them, so was unaware my ridiculous comment could be taken straight. :shrug:

People around here wear $1000 BCA backpacks that don't even prevent avalanches. I assume this crowd is all in for 50 cent masks and $16 shots that do prevent Covid.
    With Moda Beacon, our shots were free

It does look like it could be something offensive in a foreign language. Maybe Dutch?
    I think I know what joox milk means

I’m not googling it

More reasons you don’t want to get the Rona.
    New Data on COVID-19's Cognitive Fallout

Patients hospitalized with COVID-19 experience cognitive and behavioral problems post-discharge, new research shows.
    Investigators found cognitive changes, depression, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in infected patients, both in the subacute phase and 10 months after hospital discharge.
    I’ve been told it’s no worse than the flu.

Getting the lezburu serviced today. Sign sez you don’t have to wear a mask in the waiting area if vaxxed. Cool. Asked if they wanted to see my vax card, they said es todos bueno.

All of the other four people (all ladies) in the waiting area stayed masked.

A lot of these problems are common to people with a variety of critical illnesses and major operations--especially depression and PTSD. I wonder how much the findings in this study are specific to Covid--my guess is some not all.

The important thing is to refuse the vaccine because it’s new and we don’t yet understand the long-term side effects, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I was just on a two week road trip, starting in UT where most people in stores were wearing masks when I left. Went to Oregon + Washington, where it was required in most stores throughout Oregon and the small part of WA I went to. Went to Idaho, it's like the pandemic doesn't exist even in little hippie coffee shops in Hailey, with no required mask signs. Almost zero masks anywhere. Now back in Utah and noticing almost everyone is without masks, a change from 2 weeks ago.

It's a bit surreal, crossing state lines these days. (Or even just going to PDX, I enjoyed seeing little league baseball games going on next to homeless camps. Watch out for fly balls and needles boys!)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Getting the lezburu serviced today. Sign sez you don’t have to wear a mask in the waiting area if vaxxed. Cool. Asked if they wanted to see my vax card, they said es todos bueno.

All of the other four people (all ladies) in the waiting area stayed masked.
    It's been interesting here since California re-opened. Restaurants at full capacity, no mask required. Most stores have signs now saying mask only required if unvaccinated. Lots of people still wearing them though. Staff at lots of places still wearing them. I've still put mine on if dealing with someone who's wearing one. Otherwise, no.