Page 879 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... LastLast
Results 21,951 to 21,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    May not be effective for controlling the virus but duct tape over the mouth can be very effective in keeping one from making a fool of oneself.
    I need to try this, nothing else works for me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "Live With It" bumper stickers in 1....2....
    I can live with that

Interesting bbc article about T cell immunity. Folks with no antibodies are testing T cell immune.
    Theory being that many more were exposed and didn’t even get antibodies, let alone symptoms.

Ymmv
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I can live with that

Interesting bbc article about T cell immunity. Folks with no antibodies are testing T cell immune.
    Theory being that many more were exposed and didn’t even get antibodies, let alone symptoms.

Ymmv
    The implication being that there is a lot more to our immune system than we previously knew?

not sure if it has been posted but the harris county judge, which covers most of Houston; has now made facemasks mandatory thru august and mandatory at every public business.

the records positive cases in 33,000 with 387 fatalities for a region metro region of 4 million. that's less than a 1 percent infection rate for Houston metro and a 1 percent fatality rate of the 1 percent that has been infected; but let's go backwards and ensure the nation's 4th largest city will have an even tougher recovery.

i'm no hoax person, the threat is real if you are over 65 or have underlying conditions; but to keep your community in a recessionary state for something affecting so few is pretty stupid, but the stupid is strong in today's America(i.e. BLM wanting to take down a Lincoln statue and graffiti on the Lincoln monument).
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Of course, it seems so many forget we spent $3 trillion (prolly way more) on the US response to 3,000 people who died on 9/11. Or that we mobilized for WWII with less than that. But we've now surpassed the number of Americans killed in Viet Nam and then surpassed the number killed in WWI. But in the typical "It's Just About What Affects Me Personally" attitude of the day, idiots can't wear face masks, then bitch about shit still being closed. Classic.

Facemasks = keeping your community is a reccessionary state.

LOL. ok

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    not sure if it has been posted but the harris county judge, which covers most of Houston; has now made facemasks mandatory thru august and mandatory at every public business.

the records positive cases in 33,000 with 387 fatalities for a region metro region of 4 million. that's less than a 1 percent infection rate for Houston metro and a 1 percent fatality rate of the 1 percent that has been infected; but let's go backwards and ensure the nation's 4th largest city will have an even tougher recovery.

i'm no hoax person, the threat is real if you are over 65 or have underlying conditions; but to keep your community in a recessionary state for something affecting so few is pretty stupid, but the stupid is strong in today's America(i.e. BLM wanting to take down a Lincoln statue and graffiti on the Lincoln monument).
    What businesses can't operate as normal with everyone masked? Even strip clubs can adhere to that. Get real.

Love me some Trae:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

How high were the flood waters in Houston from Harvey? I think you predicted 3 inches?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Man, us had 50,000 new cases a DAY!

MORE than any other countries.

So no, the lockdowns are good, they just were not taken seriously.

And the economic loss will happen anyway, since people will, rightly so, be afraid to go spend money.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Me Me Me!

"The US is the world's Florida" - heard that one this morning.

Funny, true, and sad all at the same time.

Reading an article in New Yorker about how Iceland beat the virus. Rigorous contact tracing (sounds like they had more contact tracers for 300,000 population than are probably in NYC), shutdown all international arrivals including repatriation for a time, no general shutdown but did close business like bars restaurants sports venues, everyone knows everyone, everyone is related to everyone, no masks, very limited points of entry. People used to being tracked by the govt. (In Denmark the medical information of every inhabitant is on a central registry. If you want to do a population study of a disease you go to Denmark.) People used to following rules--like quarantining. They did a lot of that.

What is clear to me reading this is not that we should have emulated Iceland but that the best approach is different for every country. Obviously we haven't figured out what works best in the US. Hopefully we will before we're all dead. Over 300,000 international arrivals per day through multiple airports, highly heterogeneous population with areas of high density, poor social safety net, poor health care system, severe political polarization, fragmented public health system--even if we had competent federal leadership it's hard to see what approach would have been able to achieve a tolerable infection rate with a tolerable economic impact.

One thing we certainly could have emulated from Iceland--advanced planning.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Love me some Trae:

That was great thanks for posting. DunningSkicouger I hope you watched this.

Did time freeze in your world, because ... you know ... pathogens have a life cycle.

Those commie bastards at Goldman Sachs think masks would save the US economy $1T. https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahha.../#5766ae8156f1

It's too bad and utterly ironic that the "economy" people aren't militant mask supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Those commie bastards at Goldman Sachs think masks would save the US economy $1T. https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahha.../#5766ae8156f1

It's too bad and utterly ironic that the "economy" people aren't militant mask supporters.
    Note that basically any profitable company that CAN have people work from home is doing it relatively open ended.

Haven't you all figured out responding to Ski Cougs is a waste of time and effort?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

This is from the deep state of the deepest state.

Forgot: 10 - attending Orange Shit Gibbon rally

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    How high were the flood waters in Houston from Harvey? I think you predicted 3 inches?
    To be fair, SkiCougar probably thinks 3” is hung.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How does wearing a face mask cause a financial recession ?

You are extremely stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

This is from the deep state of the deepest state.
    Some of this doesn’t see right. For instance, eating dinner at somebody’s house. All it takes is one person at the table to get everybody else sick