Page 877 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... LastLast
Results 21,901 to 21,925 of 26983
  1. #21901
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    17,880
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The biggliest numbers #winning #maga

    Oregon reports 375 new confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases, 1 new death

    https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages...new-death.aspx
    Oregon is going gangbusters!

    COVID-19 spreads to workplaces as cases continue to rise

    UMATILLA COUNTY — As the gush of new COVID-19 cases continues, the state is identifying more Eastern Oregon businesses as workplace outbreaks.

    Umatilla County Public Health announced 84 new confirmed cases on Wednesday, July 1, in addition to seven new presumptive cases, bringing the county’s total to 615 cases. While hospitalizations remain stable at eight, the number of people actively sick with COVID-19 has surpassed the number of people who have already recovered from the virus.

    Umatilla County’s update arrived on the same day the Oregon Health Authority announced new figures on large workplace outbreaks, a figure that includes both employees and nonwork close contacts who have tested positive for the virus.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  2. #21902
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,602
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order on Thursday mandating face coverings in public places "in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with a few exceptions," according to a statement.
    Wouldn't it be cool if at least one of these doofuses admitted to being completely wrong?

  3. #21903
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Oregon is going gangbusters!

    COVID-19 spreads to workplaces as cases continue to rise

    UMATILLA COUNTY — As the gush of new COVID-19 cases continues, the state is identifying more Eastern Oregon businesses as workplace outbreaks.

    Umatilla County Public Health announced 84 new confirmed cases on Wednesday, July 1, in addition to seven new presumptive cases, bringing the county’s total to 615 cases. While hospitalizations remain stable at eight, the number of people actively sick with COVID-19 has surpassed the number of people who have already recovered from the virus.

    Umatilla County’s update arrived on the same day the Oregon Health Authority announced new figures on large workplace outbreaks, a figure that includes both employees and nonwork close contacts who have tested positive for the virus.
    Lotta crop harvest and food processing in Umatilla county, no?
    There’s a big outbreak on the coast originating at a Pacific Seafood plant in Newport too. And in the Woodburn area
    Lot of immigrants packed into tight working and living conditions.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  4. #21904
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,138
    God money's not looking for the cure.
    God money's not concerned with the sick among the pure.
    God money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God money's not one to choose


  5. #21905
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    17,880
    By golly they're going to have their rodeo by calling it a protest!



    'Freedom Rodeo' and Parade North of Pasco to Buck the State Coronavirus Order

    BASIN CITY, Wa. — A group of Tri-Citians are ignoring government orders against large gatherings and organizing a two-day Independence Day event with a rodeo, parade and dance parties.

    The Basin City 4th of July Parade and Freedom Rodeo is going to be held in a rodeo arena that reportedly hasn't been used in nearly four decades.

    Organizers spent the past month at Basin City Memorial Park leveling the rodeo grounds, installing bleachers and putting in grass.

    Basin City is about a half hour north of Pasco in Franklin County.

    Franklin and Benton counties both have applied to reopen more.

    Rowdy Barry, who retired from bullfighting in January 2019, said in a Facebook video that there is no better symbol of freedom than a cowboy.

    "What do we stand for? What does the cowboy stand for?" he asked. "As long as we can remember, freedom. And that is what we are in protest of from our government, is freedom."

    He welcomed those who don't agree with the crowded public event being held right now to "come make a stand, come interrupt or come watch everybody that is here."

    Barry also said on the video that the rodeo arena has not been used in almost 40 years.

    "There's some great people around this community that have come together and turned a very old arena into a very nice arena in less than a month," he said.

    The Freedom Rodeo is being put on by donations, organizer Clay Barry said in a Facebook post.

    Friday's schedule includes rodeo events and a dance with music by Stompin Ground of the Tri-Cities.

    On Saturday, there's a morning parade, a second rodeo performance, 15-minute firework show and another dance.

    Camping, for those not entered in the rodeo, is being offered in a large gravel and dirt lot between storage sheds.

    "This is a community rodeo, put on by your community, for your community, so no ticket sales are needed," organizer KyLee Shumway said in a separate Facebook video. "This is your great community coming together, rebuilding this facility, putting on a rodeo for you guys. So come enjoy."

    As of Monday evening, nearly 1,500 people said on the event's Facebook page that they are interested in the Friday and Saturday Freedom Rodeo and nearly 500 said they are going.

    One discussion on the event page involved how much candy a parade participant needs to bring to hand or toss out to kids along the route through the rural unincorporated agricultural town of about 1,000 people.


    "With everything going on in the country and in the state, some esteemed members of our community have come together to put on a western celebration of our independence," the organizers wrote on the event's Facebook page.

    Franklin County remains in Phase 1 of Gov. Jay Inslee's four-phase reopening plan because it continues to have a high number of new COVID-19 cases.

    It is one of only three counties trying to emerge from the coronavirus pandemic that are still in the first phase, which does not allow for social gatherings, limits outdoor spiritual gatherings and requires restaurants and retailers to limit purchases to curbside or pick-up
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  6. #21906
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Josephson Junction
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    God money's not looking for the cure.
    God money's not concerned with the sick among the pure.
    God money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God money's not one to choose

    This needs to be quoted on regular basis.

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  7. #21907
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,661
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Exposure news is a bit misleading and probably more click bait for the thirsty COVID apocalypse chicken little folk.

    I mean if someone went to Target and then tested positive later that day or week, health officials will ask where they were.

    Target is notified and looks at the data and says 763 people were in the store that day.

    763 exposures!!!! Call the Twitter. Shocking. But in reality how many of those exposures lead to infections?

    Big Headline numbers.
    I keep hearing this kind of count exaggeration for every given situation.
    Where is it documented that this is how the counts are conducted?
    Cause the more I hear it, the more it sounds more like Russian trollbot disinformation rather than actual SOP.

  8. #21908
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    3,065
    Maybe it's been discussed here, but I really enjoyed reading about the brightest future minds of Alabama having corona parties with bet pools for the person who would get infected first. Make uni students great again?

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/u...rnd/index.html
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  9. #21909
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    6,655
    I'm encountering more and more people who refuse to mask/social distance/cover their coughs or sneezes because "the sooner we all catch it, the sooner we can get this over with and move on."

    Is it the grey skies that make people so selfish and stupid, or is it that the only white settlers who ended up all the way the fuck out here were criminals, con men, sociopaths and rejects who had been run out of every previous frontier area they traveled through?
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  10. #21910
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    God money's not looking for the cure.
    God money's not concerned with the sick among the pure.
    God money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God money's not one to choose

    Am awesome song and album...aaahhhh...simpler times.
    Still relevant too.

  11. #21911
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    10,298

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    I went for a morning walk while my Mom slept in this morning. I wore a mask because my Mom is vulnerable. I was on the sidewalk and a car actually stopped in the street and started yelling at me about masks. Like, red in the face temper-tantrum yelling. What the fuck ?


    Location = small town Wisconsin


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  12. #21912
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,736
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Maybe it's been discussed here, but I really enjoyed reading about the brightest future minds of Alabama having corona parties with bet pools for the person who would get infected first. Make uni students great again?

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/u...rnd/index.html
    We really do have a special kind of stupid in this country.

  13. #21913
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    11,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I went for a morning walk while my Mom slept in this morning. I wore a mask because my Mom is vulnerable. I was on the sidewalk and a car actually stopped in the street and started yelling at me about masks. Like, red in the face temper-tantrum yelling. What the fuck ?


    Location = small town Wisconsin


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    With a mask on you can stick your tongue out or mouth obscenities.

  14. #21914
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I went for a morning walk while my Mom slept in this morning. I wore a mask because my Mom is vulnerable. I was on the sidewalk and a car actually stopped in the street and started yelling at me about masks. Like, red in the face temper-tantrum yelling. What the fuck ?


    Location = small town Wisconsin


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They're right to be pissed about masks, they're just wrong as to exactly why.

    We're way behind on masks because of the stupid discussions that happened early on. At this point our "leadership" needs to come out and admit they lied about masks so we wouldn't buy up all the n95's. Show the mechanics of how this stuff works, and start testing actual masks and reporting their effectiveness. More talk is not going to convince that third of the population that's angry because they can sense they've been lied to.

  15. #21915
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    17,880
    100% mask compliance in W2 yesterday. In DT, at the feed and grocery stores, at restaurants (when not eating obliviously).

    IMO anyone who

    1. Couldn't decide/figure out on their own that a face covering would mitigate the spread of a respiratory virus (we already cover coughs and sneezes) and

    2. Is hung-up/surprised that government lied to them and can't move on has some growing up to do.

    Where is that independent American thinking and ingenuity?
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  16. #21916
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,278
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    They're right to be pissed about masks, they're just wrong as to exactly why.

    We're way behind on masks because of the stupid discussions that happened early on. At this point our "leadership" needs to come out and admit they lied about masks so we wouldn't buy up all the n95's. Show the mechanics of how this stuff works, and start testing actual masks and reporting their effectiveness. More talk is not going to convince that third of the population that's angry because they can sense they've been lied to.
    For the record, I've been to Japan four times and mask use it obvious and pervasive. The masks are NOT N95, but are simple cloth or disposable, sometime kinda loose fitting. My point being that I'd be fine if the message were "wear anything on your face" considering it works for other countries where outbreaks have been contained.

  17. #21917
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    10,298
    KQ is always picking out masks for us. She found Hawaiian masks for Bunion and Bandini Mountain so they donít look like Boogaloo Bois. She found some for me that have a little flap so my glasses donít fog.

    So I thought I would return the favor. Here you go KQ !

    Name:  IMG_3528.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  160.1 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  18. #21918
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,720
    don jr is still tweeting about how stupid masks are.

    the sad truth with the usa is that things arenít real to the population until it happens to them.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  19. #21919
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    100% mask compliance in W2 yesterday. In DT, at the feed and grocery stores, at restaurants (when not eating obliviously).

    IMO anyone who

    1. Couldn't decide/figure out on their own that a face covering would mitigate the spread of a respiratory virus (we already cover coughs and sneezes) and

    2. Is hung-up/surprised that government lied to them and can't move on has some growing up to do.

    Where is that independent American thinking and ingenuity?
    Absolutely. Loads of people out there are weirdly blind to one obvious fact: It's possible to do the right thing even though the government says you should.

    Where were all these contrarians in March and April when not believing the government meant wearing masks despite what we were told?

  20. #21920
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    2,903
    How bout some bubonic plague thrown into the fucking dumpster fire that is 2020....
    https://twitter.com/moscowtimes/stat...190060544?s=21

  21. #21921
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    For the record, I've been to Japan four times and mask use it obvious and pervasive. The masks are NOT N95, but are simple cloth or disposable, sometime kinda loose fitting. My point being that I'd be fine if the message were "wear anything on your face" considering it works for other countries where outbreaks have been contained.
    Yup. I thought we beat this to death months ago but it hasn't completely sunk in yet even here in this softly appointed room. I expected the same as you based on fluid mechanics and personal experience with face coverings in cold/dry air. I learned the stats later. A typical example of reality being accessible from multiple perspectives if we don't put a thumb on the scale.

  22. #21922
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm back home after getting my first shot for a vaccine in Albuquerque yesterday.
    That's where they cook up the best vaccine. The "Baby Blue ."

  23. #21923
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    14,105
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Oregon State Police don’t wear coronavirus masks while patronizing coffee shop, despite governor’s order



    https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ors-order.html

    <making popcorn>

    Update - Trooper has been placed on leave pending outcome of internal investigation. Based on comments from Superintendent of State police, Trooper “Muh Freedumz“ will be turning in his badge soon.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ng-mask-report
    So worth it! Probably a Beavers fan too.

  24. #21924
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    8,140
    Idiocracy isn't a bug, it's feature of this country.

  25. #21925
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    KQ is always picking out masks for us. She found Hawaiian masks for Bunion and Bandini Mountain so they don’t look like Boogaloo Bois. She found some for me that have a little flap so my glasses don’t fog.

    So I thought I would return the favor. Here you go KQ !

    Name:  IMG_3528.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  160.1 KB
    Need link to vendor of these masks!
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •