Page 873 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,825 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Broke 51k. JFC.
    U-S-A! U-S-A!

SO...MUCH...WINNING!!!

The administration will say our handling of the situation has been remarkable, and they'll be right.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Deaths still lagging although time will tell ... that's the real number to fear.
    Trending down a little still.
    That's the number to watch.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Shout out to the Meals On Wheels program.

I just came back to my ancestral homeland of small town Northern Wisconsin to visit/check on my 93 year old Mom. When the pandemic hit, she signed up for Meals On Wheels.

What a lifesaver. She gets a nutritious hot meal every day, plus they check on you. The rule is they have to see you and communicate with you. If they knock on the door and no answer, 911 is called for a welfare check.

Before the pandemic, I was thinking at 93 it was time to move her into a care facility, but now I am so glad the she lives on her own and can stay isolated. Meals On Wheels has made that possible.

Thank you American Taxpayers, this is a great program for senior citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    High quality post here from the Mayor. Glad your mom is getting fed and checked in on!!!

From a Tucson doctor...... Fucking terrifying. Hunker down AZ mags.
    http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinio...vid_doctor_op/

Can't seem to find a link.... can you post again or PM me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just follow that recipe I linked. I just used kosher salt instead of the herb salt mentioned.

I have found the microwave method easier/more consistent than the hot water method... but I'm a n00B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

"A recent preprint study published in bioRxiv, suggests that many people who contract SARS-CoV-2 but have mild or no clinical signs still develop so-called T-cell-mediated immunity to the virus, even in the absence of a positive antibody test. The researchers conclude that this is likely to mean that public immunity is probably higher than antibody testing has so far suggested."

"Our results indicate that roughly twice as many people have developed T-cell immunity compared with those who we can detect antibodies in."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/i...Nw5mPLhSeo8_0o

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Broke 51k. JFC.
    Yet deaths seem way down from a couple months ago. Hmmmm.....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Got a letter from Portland Parks and Rec yesterday

I had been hoping to get back in the gym and pool this fall, but that’s not happening...
    The Willamette is pretty warm, get out and go for a swim.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Patience.

I have to imagine the demographics are changing and younger people are a lot less likely to die.

It's not just death. Some survivors, including the young, are impaired in some ways, well, long term, or as long as we know. Lung damage, heart damage, fatigue, pain. Some recovered well from polio, some were damaged for life.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I have to imagine the demographics are changing and younger people are a lot less likely to die.
    That's my guess. As long as ICUs remain under capacity, I guess it's what we need to happen anyway I suppose. This thing's gonna burn its way through one way or another. Personally I just want to rip it off like a bandaid, but I understand the need to keep it slow and steady which is probably the best approach until we reach herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    We've become a shithole country. Is America great again yet?

This should be a massive embarrassment to everyone who has anything to do with running this country but of course it's not. Oh well.

Ahhhhh but the legal cannabis states are gonna have an edge. Other governors criticized Inslee for keeping the cannabis stores open but I'm willing to bet tax revenue from sales was/is quite helpful.

Thats some serious white privilege speaking.

Reality is we've been a shithole country for decades but now its impacting the majority of the population and not just the minorities.

Welcome to the new equality.

That's my guess. As long as ICUs remain under capacity, I guess it's what we need to happen anyway I suppose. This thing's gonna burn its way through one way or another. Personally I just want to rip it off like a bandaid, but I understand the need to keep it slow and steady which is probably the best approach until we reach herd immunity.

I'm not sure you appreciate how far off we are from such a phenomenon in terms of the number of infected persons let alone the fact that people are struggling to understand what herd immunity looks like for Covid. For example, one needs a persistent antibody response (possibly augmented by T-cells) and the best data today suggests that antibodies don't stick around long enough to provide long-term protection. Herd immunity is NOT something we should be thinking about at this point.

Students in Tuscaloosa AL are throwing Covid parties. First one to contract the virus gets a payout
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/al...rnd/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I think of Wuhan having 70k total. We gonna do that in a day by next week?
    Wait, you believe the numbers coming out of China? Yeah....

At this point, yeah.

All the young bucks out chasin tail. I’d probably of done the same back in the day. Remember for a 22 year old male the main goal in life is getting pussy. Period.

Time will tell how much is passed on to the vulnerable. I say give it 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Can't seem to find a link.... can you post again or PM me? Thanks.
    I'll drop it over in the "Whatchoo Cookin'" thread as well as this one: https://www.urbancheesecraft.com/pag...ple-mozzarella

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm not sure you appreciate how far off we are from such a phenomenon in terms of the number of infected persons let alone the fact that people are struggling to understand what herd immunity looks like for Covid. For example, one needs a persistent antibody response (possibly augmented by T-cells) and the best data today suggests that antibodies don't stick around long enough to provide long-term protection. Herd immunity is NOT something we should be thinking about at this point.
    We are probably set up for outbreaks affecting 5-15% of the population seasonally, but with a portion of those not retaining significant immunity and a higher probability of that occurring with asymptomatic infection. What is becoming clear is that severity of disease does correlate with the magnitude of the antibody response, but I wouldn't say there is data consensus that the decrease in peak antibody that occurs 3-6 months post symptoms means no long term protection especially since the decrease in neutralization doesn't drop to the same extent. Bottom line is herd immunity isn't weeks or months away, but years away under a scenario without mitigation.

40-60% of transmission occurring without or before onset of symptoms.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Are we not men?
    We are Covid
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We are probably set up for outbreaks affecting 5-15% of the population seasonally, but with a portion of those not retaining significant immunity and a higher probability of that occurring with asymptomatic infection. What is becoming clear is that severity of disease does correlate with the magnitude of the antibody response, but I wouldn't say there is data consensus that the decrease in peak antibody that occurs 3-6 months post symptoms means no long term protection especially since the decrease in neutralization doesn't drop to the same extent. Bottom line is herd immunity isn't weeks or months away, but years away under a scenario without mitigation.

40-60% of transmission occurring without or before onset of symptoms.
    so there is no herd immunity in covid19
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so there is no herd immunity in covid19
    Yes. Unless something changes dramatically, we shouldn't even be discussing herd immunity. The collateral damage alone on our way there would be horrific.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.51.31 PM.png
Views: 447
Size:  42.4 KB