Page 809 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,225 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Great tune, great album. Listened to it this week.

Struggling here with whether to send the 3yo back to preschool. We're the weird ones there, with all the other kids back in class and our little girl is calling in via zoom twice a week. County says phase 3 soon but we're waiting to see the spike. The general attitude of "over it" is palpable everywhere

Here, East of Sweden, things have settled down. Most of the restrictions (10 people max groups, restaurants & many small biz closed, etc) ended on June 1st and things have normalised quite a bit. Restaurants still have seating policies (50% of max capacity), no larger than 500 people gatherings and things seem quieter than normal with subways & trams being only half packed. Very few masks to be seen but as the stats are going down, with only 3 deaths last week, 4 ICU patients and 130 infections in the whole country, people are standing down.

The summer holidays start at the end of June, so interesting to see if it kills the Covid for good. This because the natives run to the hills to their summerhouses and
    start to do the social distancing with vengeance.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I guess a dry heat doesn't kill the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23H03K

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Great tune, great album. Listened to it this week.

Struggling here with whether to send the 3yo back to preschool. We're the weird ones there, with all the other kids back in class and our little girl is calling in via zoom twice a week. County says phase 3 soon but we're waiting to see the spike. The general attitude of "over it" is palpable everywhere
    Our 3 year old’s day care is staying closed this summer due to a lack of interest. We were planning to keep her home anyway due to the virus, but I’m not sure what we’ll do come the fall. I’m not sure we want to keep her home until a vaccine - that could never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    You don´t want to be anywhere south of the border, this thing is just getting rolling. Unfortunately, Chile is leading the pack in daily new infections.

Attachment 331160

All are surging in deaths.

Attachment 331161

The testing tale is a bit odd, but again, Chile leads the pack. Not sure what the USA line means here.

Attachment 331162

All data south of the border should be looked at with caution, but I think Chile has the best by far. I looked up the total deaths versus prior years by month, which is online, and the growth coincides with Covid deaths.

Supposed to snow friday...
    I got email from Hotel Portillo yesterday. They *hope* to open July 18, about 4 weeks late. Of course even that is uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I guess a dry heat doesn't kill the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23H03K
    When it is too hot, people spend just as much time indoors as people in cold climates do in the winter. I'm guessing that air conditioning is a big contributing factor to the spread.

Some friends just got back from Sedona and said people down there were acting like nothing was going on. Maybe a few servers at the restaurants were wearing masks, but nobody else in sight with masks. Most restaurants didn't even require masks.

TX just saw a big spike too, unfortunately, that means they are all coming to CO to get out of the heat soon and probably bringing the virus with them.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Our 3 year old’s day care is staying closed this summer due to a lack of interest. We were planning to keep her home anyway due to the virus, but I’m not sure what we’ll do come the fall. I’m not sure we want to keep her home until a vaccine - that could never come.
    That’s what is maddening about the current response. What we buy with the lockdown is time to plan and figure out how to re-engage safely. And we aren’t. We’re just waiting for a vaccine.
    focus.

America fails the marshmallow test. We really are a pitiful lot.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/o...gtype=Homepage
    And don't blame Trump. This is a profound weakness of our national character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s what is maddening about the current response. What we buy with the lockdown is time to plan and figure out how to re-engage safely. And we aren’t. We’re just waiting for a vaccine.
    But anti-vaxxers.......
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"Never" seems like a remote possibility. I think if you look at the possible outcomes you'll agree that the chances of humanity being virtually wiped out are about as good as no vaccine. If antibodies don't confer immunity then people will keep getting it. And if antibodies work then at least one of the numerous possible vaccines should work.

Either way, as bad as shutting down and "just" waiting for a vaccine is (and it is ridiculously bad), if vaccines don't eventually come that implies an even greater need for even more drastic measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Some friends just got back from Sedona and said people down there were acting like nothing was going on.
    The energy vortices will protect them from teh Covids. Don't you know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    "Never" seems like a remote possibility. I think if you look at the possible outcomes you'll agree that the chances of humanity being virtually wiped out are about as good as no vaccine. If antibodies don't confer immunity then people will keep getting it. And if antibodies work then at least one of the numerous possible vaccines should work.

Either way, as bad as shutting down and "just" waiting for a vaccine is (and it is ridiculously bad), if vaccines don't eventually come that implies an even greater need for even more drastic measures.
    I agree, but 2, 3, 5 years? Hopefully not, but definitely a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    America fails the marshmallow test. We really are a pitiful lot.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/o...gtype=Homepage
    And don't blame Trump. This is a profound weakness of our national character.
    I agree. I've never thought about moving to another country, and probably never will, but I'm appalled at our reaction to this crisis.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I agree. I've never thought about moving to another country, and probably never will, but I'm appalled at our reaction to this crisis.
    "United" states my ass. I learned in grade school that we had a weak concept of unity. Every man for themselves is the backbone of modern civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    And you thought people were pissed about shut down the first time around....

The pandemic is over here in Golden, CO. Restaurants are packed with dine in patrons. The local biker bar down the street from my house had probably 500-600 people and live music on Saturday and Sunday. No social distancing, no masks. Downtown has less tourists than usual for the summer, but there are plenty of people from other parts of Denver metro who are coming into town to bike/hike/drink/eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    The pandemic is over here in Golden, CO. Restaurants are packed with dine in patrons. The local biker bar down the street from my house had probably 500-600 people and live music on Saturday and Sunday. No social distancing, no masks. Downtown has less tourists than usual for the summer, but there are plenty of people from other parts of Denver metro who are coming into town to bike/hike/drink/eat.
    I'm pretty sure this is now the scene across the country.

the shut down is over but is covid really over ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I know, right? Nothing has changed yet people are somehow 'over it'. It's fucking idiocracy.

My Vision of Covid being " over " is 5 yrs down the road a vaccine was developed & implemented that even Karen used, maybe only another 400K dead but people will still be practising social distancing to some extent because it will become ingrained
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    People are certainly acting like it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The manager said she can’t force her staff to wear one. Anyway, the hairdresser wore a mask and complained the entire time about wearing it.
    I know this was covered, but I'm going to beat this horse a little more. A large portion of the workforce can't show up without a uniform, and a large portion of the workforce can't perform their jobs without safety equipment. Yet I've heard a lot of "I can't make my employees _____" lately. That's a bullshit cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I know this was covered, but I'm going to beat this horse a little more. A large portion of the workforce can't show up without a uniform, and a large portion of the workforce can't perform their jobs without safety equipment. Yet I've heard a lot of "I can't make my employees _____" lately. That's a bullshit cop-out.
    Looks like I'll be working from home for a few more months, but my company has been very clear that all employees working on site must wear a mask at all times. Like I said earlier, how is this any different than something like wearing eye protection or steel-toe boots in a factory environment? Businesses need to quit caving to idiots who refuse to follow this very simple safety precaution.