Page 799 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I only wear my hat every other minute.
    Smart, use the off minute to clean the covids off.

I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Disagree. You gotta stay protected All.The.Time
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Should the OP change the title back to Chinese rat flu then?

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    We called them the Straits of I wanta Puka.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    We called them the Straits of I wanta Puka.
    Funny.

I was on the Straight of Juan De Fuca once in my life and I threw up so hard.

Never puked off a boat before that or after that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m still curious about forced air. As in wind, or say a person’s swamp cooler or fan forcing a stream of air out of the house. How can that not nullify the distance?
    With a 1600CFM or more fan blowing outdoors you're probably safe. The risk is not from inhaling a single virus filled droplet but from inhaling a lot of droplets. A fan blowing outdoors will dilute droplets a million times over.

Poorly ventilated and populated spaces are the real concern. It's mainly about avoiding closed spaces, crowds, and close contacts. Although, if you do become infected from a high volume exhaust fan then that be would something for the medical journals and you would be enshrined forever as "Patient A" in the write up... so you'd have that goin’ for you, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's mainly about avoiding closed spaces, crowds, and close contacts.
    "In our study, 20 percent of Covid-19 cases accounted for 80 percent of transmissions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/o...huPMwfQhabvqpw

I’m still curious about forced air. As in wind, or say a person’s swamp cooler or fan forcing a stream of air out of the house. How can that not nullify the distance?
    Swamp coolers pull outside air in, through the wet mesh, don't they? Do they exhaust any inside air?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Good question, never had one. Seems like they would have to with the huge volume this tiny machine is putting out.
    And Multi, yeah that sounds good re dilution.
    @ak I tried the hat every other minute, but it didn’t allow for proper alcohol absorption. Went back to 24 hours.
    @summit, that suxor

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    "In our study, 20 percent of Covid-19 cases accounted for 80 percent of transmissions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/o...huPMwfQhabvqpw

Yeah, it puts to rest the fatalistic notion the virus is everywhere and uncontrollable. Avoid closed spaces, crowds, close contacts or when that's not possible wear a mask:

"The infectiousness of SARS-CoV-2 appears to peak within the first few days of the onset of Covid-19 symptoms and then decrease with time. That said, one can be contagious before displaying symptoms or without ever displaying any symptoms. (Hence the importance of face masks.)"

"Forget about maintaining — or, if infections resurge, resuming — sweeping measures designed to stem the virus’s spread in all forms. Just focus on stopping the superspreading."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Swamp coolers pull outside air in, through the wet mesh, don't they? Do they exhaust any inside air?
    The ones I've seen pull outside air in and don't have an exhaust. Usually you just leave the window open in the hottest part of the house.

Poorly ventilated and populated spaces are the real concern. It's mainly about avoiding closed spaces, crowds, and close contacts. Although, if you do become infected from a high volume exhaust fan then that be would something for the medical journals and you would be enshrined forever as "Patient A" in the write up... so you'd have that goin’ for you, which is nice.
    so I guess we're about to see spikes in all the riot cities from the rioters and police then.

its extremely funny that me temp is still checked daily to enter my office building with all the protestors out there increasing the spread rate and I have yet to hear a mention about that risk.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    so I guess we're about to see spikes in all the riot cities from the rioters and police then.

its extremely funny that me temp is still checked daily to enter my office building with all the protestors out there increasing the spread rate and I have yet to hear a mention about that risk.
    It's a big concern coming from the econ/science sources I follow and I've heard a lot of mayors pleading with protesters to self quarantine. My hope is that it's mostly young people mingling with other young people even though I know that's unlikely the case for many of them. The protests are taking place outdoors and we are approaching summer, a lot of protesters are wearing masks, so there's a few things working in everyone's favor.

It's a big concern coming from the econ/science sources I follow and I've heard a lot of mayors pleading with protesters to self quarantine.
    All this stress is going to compromise people's immune systems. I'm sure mine has taken a hit.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That's mostly because you aren't reading. It's been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Everywhere I look I see articles discussing COVID and the protestors assembling. It’s hard to imagine what information wasteland Skougs inhabits. Actually might be kind of soothing to have no idea what’s going on these days. Maybe I’ll join him.

Blame the CDC/OSHA: your employer is implementing a system to monitor employees' health, per their instructions. Temp is the only aspect of your health they can monitor at no cost, so that's their system. It's pretty ineffective, obviously, but it meets with the "rules."

It's a big concern coming from the econ/science sources I follow and I've heard a lot of mayors pleading with protesters to self quarantine. My hope is that it's mostly young people mingling with other young people even though I know that's unlikely the case for many of them. The protests are taking place outdoors and we are approaching summer, a lot of protesters are wearing masks, so there's a few things working in everyone's favor.
    When you can't see them they are screwing each others brains out.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If the 20's are like the 60's, yep
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, definitely not. Good and terrible jobs for sure. I'd be surprised if they aren't somewhat segregated onboard as well.

And it's hard core for everyone. Those ships leave Seattle, sail through the Strait of Juan de Fuca, then across open ocean to Dutch Harbor in the Aleutian Islands. That's got to be rough as shit.
    I watched a PBS thing shot up there on the bering sea, there were small American catcher boats with just a crew of 3, they would catch a net full and just hand it off to the Russian factory ship never touching the fish. In a bad storm the factory ships stay out but the catcher boats ran for shelter behind a spit of land, it blew so hard they broke the anchor line so they thru out the other anchor, held in place with both engines at half throttle and play video games all night ... crazy weather

I forget which town but I seen apt blocks of euro's up on the panhandle who had come there to work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Are we just being trolled by this guy? Hard to believe anyone is actually this stupid.

Hard to make this shit up...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...m_term=nprnews

But some health experts, even as they urge caution, said they support the demonstrations — because racism also poses a dire health threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Tragic, but hardly surprising. I can't quite figure out China's game plan, other than to piss everyone off?
    As for the WHO, I'm sure it has many good people working for it, but Tedros doesn't inspire any confidence in the organisation. Mind you, this is the same guy who tried to name Mugabe as a goodwill ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Are we just being trolled by this guy? Hard to believe anyone is actually this stupid.
    Trolling may be in the eye of the beholder, but he has thoroughly embraced nonsense ever since his predicted dry spot got all flooded out.