Page 790 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    KQ strives to maintain a 1:1 recipe to blatant falsehood ratio with her posts here.

She also doesn't seem to grasp that by quoting that bullshit here, she is facilitating the further spread of it.
    Did you even read her post? Do you understand context? Or are you just an idiot?

Le sigh...... Gov. Inslee has mandated face masks for all workers........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................... This was in the comment section:
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

By quoting the comment and sharing the link to it, the damage is done. The caveat is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Le sigh...... Gov. Inslee has mandated face masks for all workers. This was in the comment section:

Helen Willis ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    “My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An infection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.” ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1192298212
    That comment is absolute horseshit. No doctor told her that. If wearing a mask all day caused pleurisy every OR nurse and tech in the country would have it. Not to mention all the ER and hospital doctors and nurses wearing masks all day since the pandemic started. And AFAIC there's no harm in KQ posting that. We all need a good laugh from time to time, even if it isn't funny.

By quoting the comment and sharing the link to it, the damage is done. The caveat is irrelevant.
    Civilization is finished.

ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE DONE KQ?

Hang your head in shame. GM was led astray.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Get a grip.
    Don't panic. This is the padded room. The walls are soft here. Remember for a moment that you spent so much time in polyasshattery that you never even knew "the password is yes." It's going to be ok.

By which I mean, glademaster will calm down on Monday.

At this rate we'll soon start rioting.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The awesome thing about this thread is its ability to demonstrate viral behavior. Waves of BS come through periodically, spread exponentially, and get put down by the immune system only to rise and spread again, sometimes mutated and sometimes not. KQ's post even offers a vaccine example: if discussion of BS is itself a little helpful to the spread of BS, the BS can be neutered by redaction so as to make it less quotable and combat its spread. And of course ignoring BS has a way of helping it spread, too.

@AK, ride was very good, thanks. Highly recommended. I thought for a moment Bunion had finished it off as I predicted, but apparently I need a little longer trail.

safe to say said ride was on a high horse.

Obviously. Jong.

I was going to really dig into this discussion of spreading false information but then was distracted by a 5yr old and now I’m exhausted.

Now I don’t give a shit. I’m losing it.

Good points on both sides of the argument I guess.

Whatever.

Bottom line is that Facebook post now has more views. Is more views of purposefully misleading info good or bad? Considering most people are idiots I think it’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow.
    I missed some savage action

Can I get a kick in the Knut?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I was going to really dig into this discussion of spreading false information but then was distracted by a 5yr old and now I’m exhausted.

Now I don’t give a shit. I’m losing it.
    Can we get this shitty weather midweek for a change?

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Can we get this shitty weather midweek for a change?
    It’s getting old when there’s nothing else to do that’s for sure.

Maybe I’ll run to Home Depot and compare lumens on high efficiency bulbs.

le sigh, facepalm..... et tu, KQ?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know, I'd be more concerned about long term health issues for those that spend entire summer weekends drinking, eating grease and salt, and lying around pools, lakes, and beaches.
    We all pick our own battles. At least you have found a cause.

Holy crap! LOL!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    This is why we need to teach comparative religions in grade school, to show alternatives to the propaganda. No doubt science is no different. In regions were little or bad science is taught, it is no wonder they believe the current disinformation.
    I was once visited by a pair of nice Mormon missionaries who wanted to tell me all about their faith. Note, my wife grew up Momo but walked away as soon as she turned 18. So I have some clue.

Anyway, I told them I follow The Eightfold Path.
    “What’s that?” They asked
    Buddhism i said
    “I don’t know much about Buddhism” they said.

So I asked “Don’t they teach you anything about other faiths at Missionary School? How can you possibly be an effective advocate for your faith when you haven’t the slightest idea about What others believe? You need to go do some research, then come back and we’ll talk.”

They left mumbling and never came back

Freaking beautiful here, though breezy at times as little cells come through and we have T-showers, then sun.

It has been a really nice spring for Montana and hard to believe Summer is still 20 days away +-. Memorial day weekend was sucky as usual although Monday was awesome. Went and rode up the 1st 5 miles of Stone Creek this am, usually it is muddy and not clear to where I turned around. 2500 feet, not bad.

About FB and spreading BS. I finally broke last week and closed out my FB account, FB is toxic, The comment section of any Social Media that uses FB for their content is 10X worse that Pollyass has ever been.

Anyone who still has a FB account and is bitching about this is a dork.

Time for a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    FB is toxic, The comment section of any Social Media that uses FB for their content is 10X worse that Pollyass has ever been.
    By design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Freaking beautiful here. It has been a really nice spring for Montana.
    Madison Base

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3230.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	330193

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

If you're a Bill Burr fan, excellent rant about last weekend's Memorial Day "beach goers" at the beginning of this podcast.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...nZXOExpVEVHalU

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    CDC's latest IFR estimate is less than .3%. Either way your economic argument doesn't work because the majority of deaths from COVID are people who are economic burdens on society.
    Hey, dumb shit, the guy arguing that 1% number is Deeb. Try to keep up.

And if you truly think losing 1% of our population would be NBD economically then I have an elevator to sell you.

Wow, look at all these masks! This looks like Chile 6-7 months ago when the teargas was flying. If you yanks could harness this energy to dump trump, it would be game over. Lots of whiteys in there too, could this be a watershed moment?

Some of the best news photos I have seen in a while.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/30/212756...lanta-new-york

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	George_Floyd_protests_photos_from_Minneapolis_Atlanta_New_York_and_more_Vox.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	341.7 KB 
ID:	330197

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Hey, dumb shit, the guy arguing that 1% number is Deeb. Try to keep up.

And if you truly think losing 1% of our population would be NBD economically then I have an elevator to sell you.
    If I'm a dumb shit, what does that make you? Every single time you have tried to correct a post of mine you have failed.

And I'll take that elevator. If we are talking cold-hearted economics, letting COVID run through the population wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not a flat death rate. It's killing the people that are economic negatives on society, not the young and productive.