Page 785 of 881 FirstFirst ... 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... LastLast
Results 19,601 to 19,625 of 22014
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Oddly I had the exact same thought.

I wonder if canucks think a liter of cola is no big deal?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    On a related note, how's Bergamo in the fall?
    Never been, but Lago d'Iseo is gorgeous. A mini lake Como.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Nice marketing move. Reminds me of the hot looking NC gun range owner that banned Muslims from her range. I have always refused to do business with members of the Klan and ISIS.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Speaking of marketing..... "Visit Walla Walla" is up a running ads now that we are in Phase 2 encouraging people to come here. I know we need tourist dollars but maybe we should be more cautious. We've been luckier than a lot of counties partly because the shut down came before tourist season. We don't need to be the next Sun Valley.

Not to mention the state mandate is for people to stay within their counties if they are in a lower phase. Besides, phase 2 still only allows for "limited non-essential travel within proximity of your home." Yeah it's a catch 22.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

so I was listening to the CBC today and they interviewed a treeplanting contracter so the usual scenario is a bunch of freaks go to camp driving 5 or 6 in a crew cab to live in a remote tent city , basicly run a marathon every day pounding trees, go to town/ lots of partying/ do laundry drink beer/ take drugs/ get in fights with redneck locals so they had to figure out HOW to run a camp in very close quarters observing COVID protocols

Just not going to town solves a lot of problems but buddy said they social distanced, all wore masks as much as possible like riding around in trucks, so after 26 days of planting they are pretty sure there is not covid in their camp but also every year there would usually be 2 people with colds or something at all times but this year NO colds

so its been a small petri dish and buddy seemed pretty convinced masks work now whether or not they will stop a Covid virus is another question ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This is where the US stands as of May 24, with and without NY.

Name:  Where_U_S_coronavirus_cases_are_on_the_rise (7).jpg
Views: 350
Size:  35.8 KB

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-...S/dgkvlgkrkpb/

So the ex-NY running daily total new cases is about 20,000. That flat line for the rest of the US contains this:

Name:  Where_U_S_coronavirus_cases_are_on_the_rise (6).jpg
Views: 359
Size:  68.0 KB

Not looking good for many states which are opening up. Would be good to review this in two/three weeks time.
    Last edited by Casey E; 05-28-2020 at 02:34 PM.

But wouldn't it be the combo of SD , hand washing and masks (esp in trucks) all that stuff is going to help with colds/flu.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Link to those graphs please
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post

So the ex-NY running daily total new cases is about 20,000. That flat line for the rest of the US contains this:

Not looking good for many states which are opening up. Would be good to review this in two/three weeks time.
    This was dismissed the first time around, but I still think it's worth a revisit.

https://www.aei.org/covid-2019-action-tracker/

Just re-order the table 2/3rds of the way down the page to find hotspots by county. If you were to add up the total number of tests in that last column, it's a few hundred thousand which is light considering it's based on a 4-day total. Regardless, there's clear value is seeing where the frequency of positive tests are highest at the county level.

Hello darkness my old friend

Of course it's a chubby middle-aged white guy with a goatee. These guys need a name like Karens do.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    But wouldn't it be the combo of SD , hand washing and masks (esp in trucks) all that stuff is going to help with colds/flu.
    Asuming you are speaking to my post ... TOTALLY !

even with proper protocols I think COVID would have got around but if they are isolated for 26 days in the middle of nowhere there is now no COVID in that camp and if there was it wouldnt have lasted longer than 14 days

I didnt catch the interview very well cuz Sylvia was coming and making a bunch of noise but I think buddy the contracter said they might use some of these protocols in the future even after covid, like SD & wearing masks could save a lot of sickness so less sick people = more trees planted = more $$$$ for ever one

I've never planted but I know a lot of contracters/ planters/ cooks and other assorted freaks

Last week I ran a load of food into a logging camp that the planters had been using cuz the logging show is shut down, the cook told me the loggers (who are all fat) eat white bread/ meat potatoes and hide their uneaten vegtables under the napkin whereas 1/3rd of the planters are Vegetarian, weird recipes are encouraged, they all eat huge amounts of everything, they all drink huge amounts or water ... more work for the cooks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post

I suppose you could look at those data and say the numbers are ok. For the most part hospitals are not being overwhelmed now and that's what "flattening the curve" was about. However, I think we really want to be driving the number of new cases down as much as possible over the summer because it's almost a certainty that the numbers will increase over the fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Of course it's a chubby middle-aged white guy with a goatee. These guys need a name like Karens do.
    I vote for "Junior".
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I vote for "Junior".
    Nah... that makes me think of Junior Samples and I always liked Junior. (BR-549!)
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I vote for "Junior".
    Travis.

Wayne or Richard

Kevin?

Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tough to wear a mask in a bar or restaurant--if you figure you need one when you're indoors around people (I do) best to avoid restaurants and bars (and people--I suspect those people already are. I am.. (Although requiring masks at all times would help with alcoholism and obesity.) I think opening bars and restaurants was premature, but I suspect that the bar in the article won't be spreading any more cases than the average bar. The policy is whatever the alt right equivalent of virtue signaling is. Is there a name for that>? Maybe asshole signaling?

I vote for "Junior".
    Back in rural Michigan "Joey" was the preferred term... for a moron in general. No disrespect to any Joseph's around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ding.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Looks pretty similar to flu death during the 2017/18 rates for the under 65 crowd. Although the flu takes more sub-18 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm