Page 781 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,525 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Saw that and was wondering if that was a really bad thing. We don't get then here.

What do they do?
    Those 17-year locusts (i.e. Cicadas) must have been around the year I was born, because I was a 17 year old Midwest kid when they came back. Like somebody said upthread, it sounds like everyone in town ran there lawn mowers at once.

I remember the big song on the AM radio at the time was Hocus Pocus by a band called Focus. I remember we all thought it was funny (after smoking a bunch of low-grade Mexican ditch weed) to say “Hocus Pocus by Focus and the 17-year Locusts).

I can’t stand this kind of music now. How in the world did I ever think this sounded good ? “This is WLS in Chicago, Number One on your AM dial. Bringing you today’s greatest hits !) Every teenager in a 1,000 mile radius tuner into that station at night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Haha wow, group was tight but yodeling has to go. Does that guy have dreads? Imagine the hucus if he had dreads.

And I thought cicadas were every summer. Don’t feel like googling it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Those 17-year locusts (i.e. Cicadas) must have been around the year I was born, because I was a 17 year old Midwest kid when they came back.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodical_cicadas#Broods

36 states had higher death rate of ‘18 flu than covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. Talk about not understand what a false flag is. Dumb shit indeed

This is a more than usually bad coronavirus, that kills real people that are old, and the media whipped it into a frenzy.
    That’s not a false flag. Unless you think the US released it on our own soil.
    Or maybe they did . . . .
    Waiting until way too late before shutting down NY and laws requiring nursing homes take covid patients (40-50% of deaths are in homes). Look up the Reichstag fire.

Democrats were fanning the flames. Go to China Town, it’s safe! Let’s have Mardi Gras! Plenty of footage of Democrat leaders ensuring people all is ok in early March.

Move over covids, steeps it's past your bedtime, 9/11 was the Reichstag fire of our time.

Lulz
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Haha wow, group was tight but yodeling has to go. Does that guy have dreads? Imagine the hucus if he had dreads.

And I thought cicadas were every summer. Don’t feel like googling it though.
    Some are, there are many different species of cicadas. Most are just normal year to year, some or 3 or 5 year cycle insects. The odd think about the 17 year cycle ones is some times they just all cycle at one and so there numbers are overwhelming.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Move over covids, steeps it's past your bedtime, 9/11 was the Reichstag fire of our time.
    Christ...so in 2018 some states, for the entire year, had higher death rates than in 2-3 months of COVID-19. Great, what's the point being made? that comparing apples to oranges isn't useful in this case?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Christ...so in 2018 some states, for the entire year, had higher death rates than in 2-3 months of COVID-19. Great, what's the point being made? that comparing apples to oranges isn't useful in this case?
    Talking about COVID-19 like it's fait accompli is always a winning strategy.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Haven't been tuning into this thread. I'm sure the Vitamin-D thing has been discussed? I've been taking 4,000 IU daily for years. Just bumped up to 5,000.

Has anyone correlated the infection rates/locations to locations with lower sunny days yet?

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

lulz. Too much vit d is bad!

Have y’all discussed the negative health effects of the shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I've been taking 4,000 IU daily for years. Just bumped up to 5,000.
    Your kidneys will explode.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    True. I did alot of research on this several years ago when I had a mis-diagnosed illness and they had me on chemo and then humira injections. It was crazy. I started to look into intensive Vit D injection therapies. It's pretty big in europe (surprise surprise) but they don't really do it here cause it's cheap and not manufactured by some giant pharma overlords.

Everyone's body processes it differently. For some people just going outside often is enough for them. I did that for years and my vit D was still low, so the doc suggested taking supplements as well as natural sunlight. There are some people who need 10k daily to maintain healthy blood levels.

Get yourself tested, but I would guess most people who do not take vitamins could probably benefit from 1-2k IU daily.

I think we are starting to find that many many many people are walking around their whole lives well under a healthy blood level of Vit-D. Even people who are outside in the sun alot.

Haven't been tuning into this thread. I'm sure the Vitamin-D thing has been discussed? I've been taking 4,000 IU daily for years. Just bumped up to 5,000.

Has anyone correlated the infection rates/locations to locations with lower sunny days yet?
    Judging by the fact the death rate in Manaus, Brasil is sky high, and it is almost on the equator, I would say there is likely no correlation.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Fer realz?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

True. I did alot of research on this several years ago when I had a mis-diagnosed illness and they had me on chemo and then humira injections. It was crazy. I started to look into intensive Vit D injection therapies. It's pretty big in europe (surprise surprise) but they don't really do it here cause it's cheap and not manufactured by some giant pharma overlords.

Everyone's body processes it differently. For some people just going outside often is enough for them. I did that for years and my vit D was still low, so the doc suggested taking supplements as well as natural sunlight. There are some people who need 10k daily to maintain healthy blood levels.

Get yourself tested, but I would guess most people who do not take vitamins could probably benefit from 1-2k IU daily.

I think we are starting to find that many many many people are walking around their whole lives well under a healthy blood level of Vit-D. Even people who are outside in the sun alot.
    Wow, there's a lot to unpack here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I can’t stand this kind of music now. How in the world did I ever think this sounded good ?

Its simple now you are an old fuck

I somehow always thot they were French Canadian but actulay they are Dutch
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

April 16th we took our 10-month old in for covid-19 symptoms. My wife and I had the same - symptoms were flu-like (respiratory cough, fever, head and body aches for about a week, persistent cough for 2 weeks after). I was probably the most mild of our bunch. We've been super cautious since first week of March, as Vail, up the road, was one of the earliest outbreaks in our country. I couldn't figure out how we would have encountered the virus.

The other day, our roommate (lock-off basement) casually dropped that she tested positive for antibodies. She's young and healthy, similar to us, but in the nursing program, so doing clinical rounds in the local hospitals and clinics. Neither her or her bf had symptoms, but our furnace intake is in their living room, so it was likely raining down covids on us.

For me, it sucked like a normal cold/flu, but full recovery. MTB rides on sunny trails helped (always, with everything).

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    36 states had higher death rate of ‘18 flu than covid.

Waiting until way too late before shutting down NY and laws requiring nursing homes take covid patients (40-50% of deaths are in homes). Look up the Reichstag fire.

Democrats were fanning the flames. Go to China Town, it’s safe! Let’s have Mardi Gras! Plenty of footage of Democrat leaders ensuring people all is ok in early March.
    If you’re talking about Pelosi that was in February an few days prior to the late Feb Congressional briefing.

Your early March assertion for her saying “Go to Chinatown” would be inaccurate.

Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And that's not even the craziest thing he's said on trg. His back catalog runs deep.
    Why do crazy people have such an inability to realize they are crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    don't they have the right to choose to wear a mask? And the pro mask crowd--I include myself--hasn't done a very good job of framing the issue in a way that appeals to the right. As usual we're all talking past each other and attacking each other for being stupid or cowardly. A lot of the anti mask crowd are people who will go way out of their way to help their neighbor, so why not wear a mask to protect your neighbor?
    Everyone has the right to choose what to do with their body. But if I choose not to get dressed this morning, I don't have the right to go for a stroll around my neighborhood.

But I was pointing out the irony of the religious right in this state whingeing about their rights, while attempting to politically, and legally, curtail the rights of others.

Remove the religious part, and that still holds true vis a vis private property, and public safety. As counsellor KQ mentioned upthread, if 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' is reasonable and legal in this country, then so is 'no mask, no entry'. There is no right to enter Home Depot.

I would love nothing more than for this - and I mean all of this, not just masks - to not be political in any way. The notion that someone needs to be convinced to display even a modicum of human decency during a pandemic really speaks to how fucked up things have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Why do crazy people have such an inability to realize they are crazy?
    Catch-22.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    If you’re talking about Pelosi that was in February an few days prior to the late Feb Congressional briefing.

Your early March assertion for her saying “Go to Chinatown” would be inaccurate.

Look it up.
    Three different things.

The March footage refers to NY officials.