Page 773 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,325 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Masks Made Here

Made From High Performance G2 Band Uniforms
    G2 Uniforms are engineered for Marching Athletes performing at the high school, collegiate, and elite competitive level in marching band, drum corps, and international colorguard.

By mobilizing our dedicated supply channels we modified to begin sewing and distributing masks to address the worldwide need for personal protection against COVID-19. Making a needed product that helps others effected by the virus.

Cnet: Can't find a face mask you like? Buy one at any of these online stores

If you like a wire over the bridge of the nose try Threadless. I've ordered a couple of masks from them but have not rec'd them yet (oh how I long for the days of quick shipping!). Will review once I receive. They have hundreds of designs from political statements to flowers to solid and everything in-between. All masks are reversible to black.
    Hmmm--my kid's old band uniform is hanging upstairs in the closet. I wonder if he'd be pissed if I cut it up.

"If you can read this mask you're to close."

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    So, when it blows up in a few weeks, what's the new bullshit/gaslight going to be?
    "You told us all to wear masks and stay home and it blew up anyway"
    "There's no spread, improved testing found more cases"
    "I didn't get sick, what are you afraid of?"

I'm hoping it doesn't blow up, or there's been some public health development that's saving us, or enough people stick with the plan and there aren't enough idiots to blow it. Given that outbreaks happen in countries with high levels of corona control, I expect a dramatic case rise. Working against widespread outbreak is distancing, summer weather, people meet outdoors, people not indoors at work/school. My guess is with reduced distancing, corona's virulence outweighs all of the rest.

I'm also hoping that if we do blow it, people will finally get religion.
    It's going to take overcrowded hospitals to raise eyebrows. And they don't have many beds in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hmmm--my kid's old band uniform is hanging upstairs in the closet. I wonder if he'd be pissed if I cut it up.

"If you can read this mask you're to close."

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

maybe its gona take another 100,000 dead ?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'm also hoping that if we do blow it, people will finally get religion.
    I think religion IS one of America's problems
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^^ doesn’t Smithers have more churches per capita then any other town in BC? Something like 13 churches for 5000 ppl

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe its gona take another 100,000 dead ?
    Problem is, the numbers are now fake news in many minds.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    ^^ doesn’t Smithers have more churches per capita then any other town in BC? Something like 13 churches for 5000 ppl
    well sure but they put their wooden clogs on one after the other just like ever one else eh, and remember the family that prays togetehr on sunday is not in the lineup for 1st T !

I went by yer old house on that street which rhymes with Vagina the other day,

i noticed the carpathian ski facotry was gone and buddy had a bunch of trucks on blocks and in variuos states of repair

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I get this from conservative friends. Fucking dolts.

well maybe another 100,000 will have some traction in those minds ?

I been watching you folks on the big march to 100,000, a month ago it was hard to believe USA could pull it off but here you are, I think hitting 200.000 will go much faster.

Washington state has politicians currently in office who are calling the deaths fake and the whole thing a hoax while encouraging citizens to defy the SAH order and organizing rallies.

LOL!! Had to laugh at this one - check out the comment below. This guy wants to stay shutdown until the next election on Nov. 3rd. What a maroon.

Name:  opening.png
Views: 565
Size:  266.2 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Coke head DJ renter dude burned half the property down a couple years ago after doing the spring grass burning thing . Original Carpathian ski factory was a casualty

Bummer! I never seen a shed using 4 big living trees as the corner posts I thot it was pretty neat the way the Carpathian ski factory swayed in the wind !

trying to think who was the cokehead dj ?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    For Sweden, theories about why they don’t have more population with antibodies is concerning: either their infection modeling is very wrong or not all that get infected develop antibodies (or something else?)
    This is the trillion dollar question atm: what do we not see?

Swedes had (1wk ago) apparently 5% infection-prevalence rate per populace, about same as Spain/France.
    And that in a weird way does not add up: How can a population with no curfews have the same infection rate as countries that locked down hard, like Spain?? I mean one does not leave the apartment for delivering the trash hard.
    Nobody seems to know what the Swedish methods are/were for calculating nor what kind of test kit(s) they have been using.
    The general consensus from the neighbouring countries is "fuck you, we are keeping borders closes for you Swedes for the time being".
    Basically, everyone is thinking Sweden have dropped their ball...and while maybe not hiding anything (??) per se, they just don't have any reliable data to provide to anyone.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    well sure but they put their wooden clogs on one after the other just like ever one else eh !

I went by yer old house on the street which rhymes with Vagina the other day,

i noticed the carpathian ski facotry was gone and buddy had a bunch of trucks on blocks and in variuos states of repair

groundhog day in Smithers?
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

well maybe another 100,000 will have some traction in those minds ?

I been watching you folks on the big march to 100,000, a month ago it was hard to believe USA could pull it off but here you are, I think hitting 200.000 will go much faster.
    I'm guessing 500,000 by the end of '21.

Do you think America will notice 500,000 dead ?

Any cocktail napkin math or is that a WAG ?

I wonder what the over/under is? Gotta be closer the the truth than any other source.

Do you think America will notice 500,000 dead ?

Any cocktail napkin math or is that a WAG ?
    With exponential growth, and unknown variation in the exponential factor as behaviors change, the cocktail napkin math (and detailed models) tend toward WAG as the timeframes become long.

Would not be hard to cross 500,000 by the end of 2020. There's 220 days to NYE. We'd need to average about 1800 dead per day.

If we managed to convince most of us to drop social distancing, I bet we could be there by end of July. Here's the napkin model - June 10 2k/day, June 15 4k/day, June 20 8k/day, June 25 16k/day, June 30 32k/day, July 5 64k/day. I allotted a few weeks to get the death rate back up to 2k/day, and to convince most everyone corona is a nothingburger and bars/parties/churches are awesome. Actually, there's a weeks long delay between infections and dying, so frontload another 2 weeks. I also assumed cases can double in 5 days, which I don't think is controversial. Back in March we were seeing doubling in 2 days or less. In practice, people would freak out as cases and deaths begin to rise, so we'd be unable to sustain the growth needed to kill 500k by the end of July.

What will actually happen? Hard to say. Putting on the happy mask... Daily deaths has been trending down for over a month. A few yahoos you see in the news might cause a bump a few weeks from now. Even so, a bumpy gradual decline in daily deaths seems a possible future. We're learning which countermeasures are most effective and how to balance countermeasures with work and play. If a bumpy decline works out, 500k by end of 2021 is a reasonable guess. Could be half that, with luck.

Looking at recent history, I'm gonna guess 0.89% of Americans would have died in 2020 without corona. I get 2.9 million. An extra 500k means some overtime for St. Peter, but it's manageable
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

So exactly when did trying to be good to each other and trying not to spread a communicable disease become a political act?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    So exactly when did trying to be good to each other and trying not to spread a communicable disease become a political act?
    'bout the time Rush Limbaugh et al took to the airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    1/20/17

One of you needs to order this:

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Kamala Harris V.P.

Warren Sec of Treasury
    Or just sell the remaining functional bits of America to China. Why do we need these middle persons.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/corona...uine-1.5583608

World Health Organization temporarily halts hydroxychloroquine trials ^^

did anybody believe Trump when he said he was taking the stuff ?

in any case the WHO is a very bad organization

mostly cuz trump was way behind on paying his end of funding

its kind of like when he doesnt pay a contracter