Page 401 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Very favourable! Pulling for WA state!
    Possibly, hopefully but our numbers not rising right now might be due to our department of health having problems reporting for the last 3 days. Wife's hospital here just had a doubling of covid admissions in the last 2 days. Maybe this is the surge and it will diminish after mid April.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Can someone please take out the florida gov already......wtf dude.
    I'll do it, my father is on one off those ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It would be interesting to break out the impact of social distancing vs. lagging test results on new cases recorded. If the reality of testing in SC is any indication nationwide, there are tens of thousands of tests taken more than a week ago that haven't been processed. That could confound the effectiveness of social distancing in the near term. True attribution could be worked out down the road if test dates are available but it doesn't seem like this is reflected in case count trackers currently publicized.
    I think it's going to be hard to go back and figure a lot these things out because the exponential process means each innumerate step of denial "Glad we're not China" "Those countries are faking the data" "Freedom has a price" "We’re not California" "We’re not New York" adds orders of magnitude to the problem.

To your point, if people can spread the virus before they have symptoms, and in the absence of rapid testing, then controlling the spread requires drastic measures like social distancing, and not the it doesn't apply to me yet because things aren't bad here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Possibly, hopefully but our numbers not rising right now might be due to our department of health having problems reporting for the last 3 days. Wife's hospital here just had a doubling of covid admissions in the last 2 days. Maybe this is the surge and it will diminish after mid April.
    I saw that. Current stats are only through 3/28.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I think it's going to be hard to go back and figure a lot these things out because the exponential process means each innumerate step of denial "Glad we're not China" "Those countries are faking the data" "Freedom has a price" "We’re not California" "We’re not New York" adds an order of magnitude to the problem.

To your point, if people can spread the virus before they have symptoms, and in the absence of rapid testing, then controlling the spread requires drastic measures like social distancing, and not the it doesn't apply to me yet because things aren't bad here yet.
    To be clear, I'm all in on distancing. I just wonder if the positive impact from distancing as shown in publicized curves will be muted in the near term as week-old tests are finally added to databases. Would expect this is a non-issue longer term as tests are performed at point of care.

While State of WA dept of Health seems to be having trouble with their data page, it appears King County, and other local health departments, are still accurately releasing data daily. I believe the NYTimes map is getting their data from other sources in addition to WA dept of health because their numbers for the state have been going up since 3/28. Check out King County dept of health. It's a good barometer for the entire state. Does appear the curve is starting to flatten.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Where does used underwear fall on this chart?
    panty sniffing was excluded due to its requirement of people to gather

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Anybody done: gogglesfordocs.com?
    Washington is not listed.
    I've been working all morning to try and round up clear lens goggles, particularly dirt bike with tear offs but, any clear lens would be great. If anyone knows where an unused stash of these might be send it!

The movement just started on Monday night and so far it's mostly the northeast but if there's someone at a hospital that could be a coordnator to receive goggles let them in on this https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Gog...66EXEuX2CqI7_A

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Shit

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Can someone please take out the florida gov already......wtf dude.
    It’s Florida. What did you expect. The governor runner up was found passed out in vomit from meth with a bunch of male prostitutes. It produces weirdness that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweden is orderly in part because public and psychological reactions to acts of disorder are somewhat harsh and traumatic. Florida man behavior, at large, would be unexceptionable. Sweden is libertarian in the sense of what economists call state capacity but they have capable social structures, capable civil society, and capable social norms.

Swedes also have high trust in government authority, their healthcare system, and even though they aren't on lockdown large percentages are social distancing, working from home, etc. (via google translate):

"The Corona virus forces many Swedes to work from home, but Sweden has already had good conditions and a high degree of distance workers.

Due to the new coronavirus and the spread of covid-19 disease, many Swedes are now experiencing a different working situation. The Public Health Authority has recently invited everyone who can work from home, especially in the Stockholm area."

"Only 9% of Swedes have not changed behavior at all due to the Corona virus. Nearly half of Swedish workers stay home from work for some reason now. 21% are home from work due to illness or have milder illness that makes them stay home."

https://internetstiftelsen.se/nyhete...WuUP7nVY_xNxZA

https://novus.se/novus-coronastatus/
    Dude, I am born in Sweden and still have a dozen relatives living there, so no need to lecture about that.
    And I am quite aware of the general sentiment as well. Looking at things from 200km away and it is quite different that you have in Dan/Nor/Fin.
    That said, I really hope that they ride out the situation unscathed. Time will tell.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    some town of about 3,000 in Italy had everyone tested, better than 50% that tested positive had no symptoms. those people are still carriers, but it really had no affect on them.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    If you’re making a home mask, Stanford has ranked the possible materials...”tea towel” seems to be the leader in stuff you might have around the house (I’m assuming this is like a dish towel)

Attachment 323186
    My wife cut up a vacuum cleaner bag and put it in her homemade mask last week when she went to the store. She said she almost passed out, so I guess it probably worked but may not have been the best choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    <snip> I really hope that they ride out the situation unscathed.
    There is 0% chance of this for Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    If you’re making a home mask, Stanford has ranked the possible materials...”tea towel” seems to be the leader in stuff you might have around the house (I’m assuming this is like a dish towel)

Attachment 323186
    I wonder if it’s a coffee filter, because that’s not on the list. You can cut a T-shirt and place a coffee filter between layers.

Along the same lines, CU Boulder professor stressing 6 feet is not enough distance without a mask.

Dude, I am born in Sweden and still have a dozen relatives living there, so no need to lecture about that.
    And I am quite aware of the general sentiment as well. Looking at things from 200km away and it is quite different that you have in Dan/Nor/Fin.
    That said, I really hope that they ride out the situation unscathed. Time will tell.
    I just think Sweden is interesting. There's all these natural experiments going on and Sweden is an outlier. So it's useful to place what's going on in Sweden in context because in America a lot of people are pointing at Sweden and saying we should be doing that here.

A lot of people in this thread argued we were doing too much already and now we're facing a catastrophe.

I didn't think you were discussing Sweden from that point of view but it might have been misinterpreted as Sweden's response is laissez-faire, and that's the reason for the data, especially when that's not what you were saying, right?

It's not a dinner party dude. Whatever the fuck that means.

I’m thinking double super-light Buff (s).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My wife cut up a vacuum cleaner bag and put it in her homemade mask last week when she went to the store. She said she almost passed out, so I guess it probably worked but may not have been the best choice!
    I wore my mask to the grocery store yesterday and I'll have to dress accordingly in the future as I got the same feeling. I'm also super susceptible to stuff around my face and neck so this will be interesting. No one with a mask at the grocery store but at Costco there were quite a few so that made me feel better. One guy had his drywall/painting respirator on but he took it off when he got to the check out.

I just think Sweden is interesting. There's all these natural experiments going on and Sweden is an outlier. So it's useful to place what's going on in Sweden in context because in America a lot of people are pointing at Sweden and saying we should be doing that here.

A lot of people in this thread argued we were doing too much already and now we're facing a catastrophe.

I didn't think you were discussing Sweden from that point of view but it might be misinterpreted as Sweden's response is laissez-faire, and that's the reason for the data, especially when that's not what you were saying, right?
    I have no opinion of Swedens approach being more laissez-faire or not, history will judge that. But as said, it is very interesting to examine the road that they took (regarding their history & gov.mechanisms) and how things will pan out. I certainly hope things will turn out well and and not end up in a disaster...and no, they will not end up "unscathed" as I (poorly) wrote. But yes, the case will be interesting for researchers in the coming months, not only that but it will be a perfect case study for future pandemics as all the neighbouring countries took different approaches yet all are extremely similar in demographics et al.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's not a dinner party dude. Whatever the fuck that means.
    ? I do not compute.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

It means nobody cares about Sweden or their meatballs.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Sweden has low smoking and diabetes rates.

Nobody cares.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Let's face it, there are to many sickly old people on this planet and a lot of people know it. Our societies have diverted so many resources to a group of people that will show no return on that investment. I understand that taking care of the old and sick is considered the moral thing to do. But at what point does that morality become self defeating?

It is becoming more likely that future generations will see a declining standard of living. This virus may well bring this topic to the fore. The actions being taken, to largely protect people over the age of average life expectancy, are stunning to a degree. I understand that left unchecked the illnesses from the virus would overwhelm the health care's system to cope with other everyday emergencies.

I thought I caught something in the news that some Euro countries have considered not treating people over 80 years old. Is that idea completely out of the question for you? My parents are both in their late seventies and have had exceptional lives. They have been to every part of the world, enjoyed good health, and still have plenty of money. Do I want them to become sick and die? No. Do I want their old age to be a burden I my children to the point that they don't get the opportunity to experience what their grandparents did? No.

This virus may well be the impetus for some very hard choices in the near future.
    What is the right (moral) choice?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Can't say I disagree with this:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-adoring-press

Cuomo is getting undeserved love...as I said before.
    Of course you don't disagree with it. It's the Washington examiner

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’m thinking double super-light Buff (s).
    That's all I have.

I think I'll start with my rare and cool Taos ski patrol buff, and go through the collection from there.