Page 357 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Great news y’all.
    There’s a cure for RatFlu.
    It’s bear shit.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...d19-treatment/
    I'm going to round up some unemployed big hairy bears and have them shit in buckets and make a mint.

Just in case you ever wonder about your own intelligence on the spectrum....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-s...144958668.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

How long will it go on?

Name:  IMG_0800(1).jpg
Views: 629
Size:  78.7 KB
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just in case you ever wonder about your own intelligence on the spectrum....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-s...144958668.html
    You like bait? Cause you took it.

Yeah, I went ahead and sent her money on patreon...not sure what you mean. I didn’t read any ads...

Now THIS guy took the bait:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/infl...141800802.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Not this weekend.
    I'm fully committed with engagements.
    Hang out with my cat, comfort stir crazed boyfriend, prep 3 meals for a human and a cat, naps, watch TV to catch up with the latest news...
    I'll let you know when my weekend opens up.
    Oh Nutmeg... damn, way to keep a game face on this crap. Wishing you, your mate and your city a speedy recovery from the shit.
    Thinking of you!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, I went ahead and sent her money on patreon...not sure what you mean. I didn’t read any ads...
    No one should help her get her 15 mins .... just gotta look the other way.

So what are some things that we can currently get good deals on due to COVID-19?

Obviously, asprin, cleaning supplies, TP and PPE are not at their cheapest right now. Seems to be some sales on outdoor clothing and gear though. Purchased a couple SUPs for taking the toddlers on the water this summer and saved a good chunk from last summer prices. Any good deals on camping stuff? We had ordered a little travel trailer but it has been delayed. Probably need some dishes and a travel grill...stuff we had budgeted for already.

Gotta try to support some of the small outdoor companies that we want to make it through this...along with take out from our favorite places in town.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The figures that were quoted and presented in the article are the COMBINED copays of the employee and employer. I don't know what is average for copays, but my employee covers 80%. These figures are also national averages and I am guessing include a lot of high deductible plans and really shitty coverage with high copays and low employer contributions.
    So you're saying nationally we have a lot of high deductible plans and really shitty coverage with high copays and low employer contributions.

Checks out. Thank you, captain. Carry on.

So what are some things that we can currently get good deals on due to COVID-19?

Obviously, asprin, cleaning supplies, TP and PPE are not at their cheapest right now. Seems to be some sales on outdoor clothing and gear though. Purchased a couple SUPs for taking the toddlers on the water this summer and saved a good chunk from last summer prices. Any good deals on camping stuff? We had ordered a little travel trailer but it has been delayed. Probably need some dishes and a travel grill...stuff we had budgeted for already.

Gotta try to support some of the small outdoor companies that we want to make it through this...along with take out from our favorite places in town.
    I just bought some new road cycling clothing from https://us.lapassione.cc/
    They are an Australian company but all of the products drop ship from Manerba Del Garda which is just outside of Milan. Looks like nice quality stuff and not stupid expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So you're saying nationally we have a lot of Hugh deductible plans and really shitty coverage with high copays and low employer contributions.

Checks out. Thank you, captain. Carry on.
    Well....there were several mags that quoted the article and appeared to not understand that the article was talking about combined out of pocket for private insurance. That is why I commented...many probably did not click the actual link and read the details. The article is not saying that you individual would have to pay $20K/$95K.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Southwest has been having a big sale on tickets and you don't have to use them anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I just bought some new road cycling clothing from https://us.lapassione.cc/
    They are an Australian company but all of the products drop ship from Manerba Del Garda which is just outside of Milan. Looks like nice quality stuff and not stupid expensive.
    Nice. Man, the Aussie are getting double whacked with the latest events...tough times for everyone, but they were already going through some shit.

BoJo tests positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Southwest has been having a big sale on tickets and you don't have to use them anytime soon.
    I wish the airlines would allow for people to book flights more then 6 months out. Booking for next summer would be a no brainer.

Here's another website with interesting visualization tools: http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

It uses the Johns Hopkins CSSE dataset. Interesting to look at the data normalized by population.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Here's another website with interesting visualization tools: http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

It uses the Johns Hopkins CSSE dataset. Interesting to look at the data normalized by population.
    That site should come with a warning before you click the "linear scale" button on any of the graphs.

My point is why should anyone be shopping for 1 or 2 days? Is it that difficult to plan at least a week of meals?

How are the stocking levels up in Aspen? I keep praying we can somehow stop the spread in the valley and stay locked down. If we can't do it in a valley that currently has one way in and one way out...big cities don't stand a chance.
    My point is why should anyone be shopping for 1 or 2 days? Is it that difficult to plan at least a week of meals? These are the simple things that everyone should be doing.

Stock here is pretty decent. Still no Clorox wipes and a couple other items.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You must be going to the store a lot to know that
    Or I just look at the amount someone is buying in the check out line.

Well you can't have a screwdriver without orange juice. Clearly it was an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    That site should come with a warning before you click the "linear scale" button on any of the graphs.
    Agreed, I work with log scales all day long and have a pretty good handle on how they translate in terms of real numbers but every time I switch to linear scale I just recoil in fear.

Agreed, I work with log scales all day long and have a pretty good handle on how they translate in terms of real numbers but every time I switch to linear scale I just recoil in fear.
    I had no idea you were a lumberjack.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

and today looks to go well over 300 deaths* here which will be yet another roughly 33% gain. Every day it happens the likelihood of us reaching 10k deaths/day by easter becomes more likely.

*based on today's current results plus extrapolations from the states that haven't reported yet plus additions for some states that add continuously throughout the day
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Thing is all this is based on a total of 113,000 samples in USA - and sampling is dropping off. That's 3 one-hundreths of one percent (0.0003).
    Not exactly statistically significant
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html