Page 331 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    If the virus doesn't get them, the resulting economic collapse probably will. A morbid thought, but the total death toll after all is said and done will be staggering. Just have to hope the drop in industrial pollution will offset the final tally some.
    Most in India, like the vast majority in China, are still dirt poor. An economic collapse won't really affect them much at all. Now, the new bourgeois in the cities, yeah, bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Public health policy has always taken precedents over personal rights. Look up the history of TB inoculation.
    That, and a person living in Basalt Colorado with a population of around 4K should at least try to get some perspective on policies meant to address populations in the millions during a health crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How mobile and accessible are those remote poor populations? It's not like New York, Italy, and Spain full of global tourists and travellers. If it is contained in the large cities it might not hit the countryside. It's not widespread in USA flyover country. China was able to contain it to a region. Plus, the corporal punishment for violations.
    Its the urban poor, and working poor, in the cities that I think are most at risk in places like India. The ones that scrape by off of charity and at the bottom of the employed classes.
    The rural folk will eventually be hit by the virus, but the economic impacts on their villages will likely be magnitudes less as there was little industry to support their sustenance in the first place. International aid programs and support will diminish for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Cuomo is amazing, he doesn’t share the stage with any health official, and now he’s plugging his Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He's campaigning. Not like Biden, who's hiding.
    Guy has a bigger ego then Trump. Absolutely wants to be president.

There used to be a major bridge over the Hudson river called the "Tappan Zee". Guess what it is called now?
    Last edited by Ski220; 03-25-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: correct spelling

There used to be a bridge called the "Tappen Zee". Guess what it is called now?
    We still call it the Tappan Zee.

But, in his favor, that bridge was actually built, and pretty quickly. Where is that happening in the rest of America?

There used to be a bridge called the "Tappen Zee". Guess what it is called now?
    Tappen zee?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Thanks for the link. Super interesting graphs. I thought the country by country graphs superimposed on Italy, UK, HK were particularly telling. It's going off everywhere. In some countries the rate is slower like HK, some rapid like Italy, but everywhere the trajectories are following a similar path. Buckle up, world.

One wonders if half the population even is aware of what's going on.
    Wait. Are we talking about the U.S. South here? I'm losing track...

Name:  C205F5A9-C395-45F5-9847-F04EFEAF8509.jpeg
Views: 464
Size:  32.7 KB

Chinese Rat Flu

We are essential (financial services) and have branch locations throughout our region.

Just learned our CEO is going to buy a few hundred candy bars and drive around to all the locations to distribute them to staff. Morale booster.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Tappen zee?
    Googled it for you
    Search Results

Web results

Tappan Zee Bridge (2017–present) - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Tappan_Zee_Bridge_(2017–present)

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge after former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, is a twin cable-stayed bridge ...Construction cost‎: ‎$3.9 billion (2013 project bu...
    Replaces‎: ‎Tappan Zee Bridge (1955–2017)

Construction start‎: ‎2013
    Crosses‎: ‎Hudson River

Tappan Zee Bridge (1955–2017) · ‎Left Coast Lifter

People also ask

How much is the toll for the Tappan Zee Bridge?

Why was Tappan Zee Bridge demolished?

What replaced the Tappan Zee Bridge?

Cuomo Bridge

Cuomo Bridge (Tappan Zee Bridge Replacement) The 3.1-mile-long twin-span

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    Thanks for the link. Super interesting graphs. I thought the country by country graphs superimposed on Italy, UK, HK were particularly telling. It's going off everywhere. In some countries the rate is slower like HK, some rapid like Italy, but everywhere the trajectories are following a similar path. Buckle up, world.
    Something to keep an eye on is how the Y-axis on Huckbucket's charts keeps changing. March 15 the Y-axis was 10-3000, March 21 10-5000, and now it's 10-10000 with cumulative cases Y-axis now showing 100-100,000.

Fuck that. It’s the tappan zee.
    Always will be.
    . . .

Yesterday, Dr Fauci recommended New Yorkers who have traveled out of NYC, self quarantine. And today when asked, Cuomo dodged the question, deferred, and his health official said he disagreed.

Blow the bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    We are essential (financial services) and have branch locations throughout our region.

Just learned our CEO is going to buy a few hundred candy bars and drive around to all the locations to distribute them to staff. Morale booster.
    I hope they are these:
    Name:  100_grand__17359.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  34.5 KB

Chinese Rat Flu

Sanjay Gupta just defended that answer. Said the virus is already here in America.

Maybe it’s because every big, swinging douche in the country either lives in NYv, owns a house there, works out of there, or something like that?

I hope MIssouri bans New Yorkers.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Said the virus is already here in America.
    It's too late to blow the bridges. It's not clear how NY managed to do it, but they substantially increased their testing capability. So it's probably a combination of things being bad in NY and other places not knowing had bad things really are. Unless a place has been disciplined with their social distancing, there's a good chance New York today is Missouri 14 days from now.

Cheap fuck, how about time-and-a-half hazard pay for everyone who qualifies as essential. That seems more than reasonable to me.

Rockefeller did that during the depression. Handed out dimes.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.
    I can’t even imagine how the fuck India will get rid of the bodies if it starts raging over there. There’s more funeral pyres still used there than crematoriums by a long shot. And a pyre is not fast. The Ganges is gonna turn into sludge.
    Last edited by mcski; 03-25-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Sanjay Gupta just defended that answer. Said the virus is already here in America.

Maybe it’s because every big, swinging douche in the country either lives in NYv, owns a house there, works out of there, or something like that?

I hope MIssouri bans New Yorkers.

Don't worry, not many coming man.

Googled it for you
    Search Results

Web results

Tappan Zee Bridge (2017–present) - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Tappan_Zee_Bridge_(2017–present)

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge after former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, is a twin cable-stayed bridge ...Construction cost‎: ‎$3.9 billion (2013 project bu...
    Replaces‎: ‎Tappan Zee Bridge (1955–2017)

Construction start‎: ‎2013
    Crosses‎: ‎Hudson River

Tappan Zee Bridge (1955–2017) · ‎Left Coast Lifter

People also ask

How much is the toll for the Tappan Zee Bridge?

Why was Tappan Zee Bridge demolished?

What replaced the Tappan Zee Bridge?

Cuomo Bridge

Cuomo Bridge (Tappan Zee Bridge Replacement) The 3.1-mile-long twin-span
    Dude, it's still the Tappan Zee. I even heard a traffic and weather guy call it that a little while ago.

Rockefeller did that during the depression. Handed out dimes.
    Did the dimes have the plague on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    The UK seems to agree with Trump. Or as this is almost a week old, I'd guess it's Trump who's agreeing with those trendsetting Brits.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid
    This is more of a NHS/ Hospital policy issue than saying this isnt serious. A HCID needs to be transferred to a few specialty hospitals only after diagnosis. Clearly thats not possible for COVID, hence lifting the classification