Page 327 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 41810
    You should be roomies with Skicougar, the two of you could tag team stupid takes from the same computer.

Well, there goes SLC. I give it three weeks.

State leaders in Utah ask LDS church members to refrain from large welcome parties as throngs of missionaries return home

At Salt Lake City International Airport, huge groups of people regularly crowd around arrival gates, awaiting family members returning from lengthy mission trips around the country and abroad.

But some members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints faced criticism this week after throngs of people violated social distancing guidelines and gathered at the airport to welcome home missionaries whose trips were cut short by the coronavirus pandemic.

Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox tweeted that he was “really disappointed in the behavior we saw from missionary families” at the airport. “I get it, I’ve been there (and still have a child serving), but this is unacceptable,” he wrote. “In a time of shared sacrifice, we must do better to save lives."

Gov. Gary R. Herbert tweeted that only missionaries’ parents should meet them at the airport and that they should “not be met by groups of family or friends.”

“Large welcome parties are dangerous and could greatly increase the spread of coronavirus in our state,” he wrote.

Missionary work is a rite of passage for many young Mormons. The church, which is based in Salt Lake City, said in a statement that “substantial numbers of missionaries will likely need to be returned to their home nations” amid the coronavirus outbreak. Missionaries returning home are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    I know most of you are far left leaning, but are you not a little pissed at Pelosi’s act with the CV19 relief bill? I mean come on...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...abuki-theater/
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    When you've lost the Washington Post....
    I have no feelings about the bailout bill, but just to be clear, that article is from the WaPo's resident opinion column. Basically his entire job is writing that Pelosi and the Democrats are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Fauci is raising the alarm on NYC. We need to call in the Chinese to run that shit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And I got chastised by 4 other mags for saying Cuomo is a blathering idiot, claiming I was dissing their hood?

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Chinese Rat Flu

Barber shops are closed. Anyone have a flowbee?

I’m taking no chances. A family near me got it. Husband on vent, wife oxygen.

I should take a drive to Arizona and back, by myself.

Respect to the guys in the front lines.

Hah..tell me more.
    I want to be a bra salesman
    And here I thought you wanted to be my latex salesman

So it’s ok at this time, to submit ‘non serious’ bills because she’s an astute politician? People are ok with that? I disagree. This is a just a small example...it’s bullshit. I wonder if
    , that most of her constituents actually understood this, how happy they’d be with it.

“Sasse pointed to Pelosi’s “liberal wish list,” which includes mandatory diversity reports on corporate boards, requiring same-day voter registration in all 50 states, a bailout of the U.S. Postal Service, establishing a $15-an-hour minimum wage, and new environmental regulations for airlines.”
    Let me phrase it better--it was a bill she never expected to enact with a serious purpose--to leverage the Senate into writing a better bill. Like the old saying goes--never watch them make sausage or law. Maybe they taught you in grade school civics that laws are enacted solely on the basis of rational thought and negotiation, but they lied. Most of Nancy's constituents love her.

Of course she's playing politics. So are the Republicans. That's what politicians do--play politics and accuse the other side of playing politics. A day or two to try and spend 2 trillion dollars seems worth it. Nobody is getting a check tomorrow.

It’s interesting though that a bunch of different countries with a bunch of different political methods are just fucking this all up.

I tend to contextualize this in terms like a deep slab avalanche. Low probability, high consequences - something humans generally deal with poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    It’s interesting though that a bunch of different countries with a bunch of different political methods are just fucking this all up.
    To be fair, it's been a century, so most alive today would be lucky to have had parents who experienced the last one. Memories are short for disasters, and people are generally pretty optimistic looking into the future.

^ to both of the above

but there were a few Asian countries that gave the virus the slam dunk.

I posted this yesterday. No comments. I think it bears repeating.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...080154581.html

It sounds like chaos in the UK. My cousin is scared shitless, saying the NHS is taking equipment away and sending it to the city. Country folk are chasing the weekend warriors out.

^ to both of the above

They experienced SARS, bird flu, MERS, and other rapidly spread diseases recently. Korea had practice.

Chinese Rat Flu

^ to both of the above

Tough seeing the news perpetuate the CPCs lies and give them credit for containment, which is a lie. Authoritarian government like Communist China is something I pray we never accept. It’s worse then any pandemic we could ever imagine.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Hah..tell me more.
    I want to be a bra salesman
    Do you know about the cup sizes? There's A, B, C and D. D is the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I've read a couple of notes on Vit D having an impact on not only infection, bit symptoms as well.
    Valid? Debunked?

ATB Art.
    I have read some of the same. Combining Vit D with a high dose of a Vit C.
    Here is an article on the use of an IV of Vit C helping already Covid stricken patients.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....vitamin-c/amp/

Ah, yes, Wall Street Journal now having the same thoughts re containment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wes...ns-11585074966

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Do you know about the cup sizes? There's A, B, C and D. D is the biggest.
    Not even close.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...03832239735279
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Not even close.
    Work with me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They experienced SARS, bird flu, MERS, and other rapidly spread diseases recently. Korea had practice.

So you’re saying the rest of the world is too proud to learn from others calamities? Or? I don’t want to put words in your mouth.
    I’m hitting the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Work with me here.
    Deal.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

We've had years and years to prepare for an event of this magnitude. We've spent time, money and personal resources on it. We knew it was coming. I guarantee there are 500 action plans on file at the CDC. Were we prepared? You'd have to look at those plans and our infrastructure. However, gametime posture is set by POTUS and we all know that he neither acted quickly enough nor takes the blame for any of this. The direct consequence is the difference between SK and us. I guarantee that he's gonna look back on all of this and wish to hell we had SK's experience. Very few deaths and back to work. Hell even Wuhan lifted their two-month lockdown today under conditions where they are reporting no new infections for the past five days (a little hard to believe). Even today we're not locked down. End of April will essentially be two months for us and we're still gonna be a raging shit show at that time regardless of hopes and prayers. We fucked up.

^ to both of the above

I saw it and agreed. The Chinese , Singapore and Taiwan have some commonalities. They have relatively competent governments (once the CCP got its shit together boy did they rock). These governments implemented three legs of a mitigation,/suppression strategy

They also have social cohesion. So the people by and large bought into the strategy ( or in China's case were compelled)

The US doesn't have social cohesion. I'll leave it to others to argue as to competence

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I guarantee that he's gonna look back on all of this and wish to hell we had SK's experience.
    Not so sure about that. Introspection doesn't seem like his strong suit.

^ to both of the above

Update from France is that you'd better have a hall pass if you want to go out anywhere.

They are seriously trying now I've got to believe after having screwed up so royally in the beginning.