Page 317 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    You get a live person?? All mine are fucking robocalls.

If I ever get a live person I'll try to get them to explain the rules of cricket to me.
    I'm just surprised that people still answer their phones...

He has his own reality. Full on bubble boy. Evil bubble boy. How do you not see italys, chinas and others errors at the same time seeing what theyve done to flatten the curve, especially s korea, and not figure out what needs to be done? Id love to be a fly on the wall at Fauci's breakfast table

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dang. Makes it through all that just to effected by some bat eating hillbillies on the other side of the planet. WTF? That sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    At least he has dementia

It would be worse if he knew what’s going down
    . . .

I like what Cuomo is saying. But according to Leelaus link, expected peak in NY is April 28th, and May 2nd in WA, and May 14th in CA. If he gets all the ventilators there will be no stockpile left for the those states, and he will not be giving them up when people are on them. He just admitted himself it will take two weeks to deploy them.

https://covidactnow.org

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    I find it hard to understand that “new building” construction needs to continue right now...and since it’s currently going on, suppliers are all open....you don’t think a guy like Cuomo wasn’t leaned on? I’ll bet a case of Molson Canadian on it....

And I like many have enjoyed Cuomo through this event....and changed my tune about him.

The Wall Street part of this and other young ppl being told to get back into an office will have staggering backside pain.

Since business income insurance is off the table for most (almost all businesses) ppl let go, or those who felt morally obligated to go in will be crushing the employment practices policies I’m sure.

What a forward mess.....lock this shut down, starve the virus for the time we need to regroup...it’s not going away but an overarching decision needs to be made. The definitions of social distancing and quarantine seem to differ from one person to the next.
    He's cracking already, talking about the possibilities of sending people back to work. We're fucked. We're human, just like the Italians. Without a clampdown , many will die, and it will take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I truly hope Trump is right that there is some miracle Lazarus drug just days away from ready to being fully implemented nation, and maybe worldwide...but something tells me he's full of shit.
    Are you high right now?

The Wall Street part of this and other young ppl being told to get back into an office will have staggering backside pain.
    I just hope they don't jump the gun. Young people going back to work is just going to spread the virus more. What will the new distancing order be? Anyone working must distance themselves from anyone who isn't working?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm just surprised that people still answer their phones...
    Yeah, my line of work makes me answer calls.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    lm not even gonna axe where on the intertubularwebz you found that
    #coolstorybro gem
    best i gots is bro dont strap shits on feats in pursuit of white room bliss
    no power in the whippysticks to be had
    aint gots no 4 legged god to comfort
    hes got some chilean thing goin on
    dealing with possible mortality by excessive self medication
    and typing words followed by the act of post reply
    invite your bro
    hell fits in fine here
    put me down for stapping birdcunter to a drone
    and a wet market monkey dick eater message
    Keep being you. I hope someday to party irl with ya.
    SFB, you bring more ski stoke than most here.

Plus you crack me up. We need lulz too
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You're giving him too much credit for being qualified to predict such things, or even to accurate translate what he's heard from qualified pros. He knows literally nothing about drug development and testing, especially for infectious diseases.
    I think you're ignoring his "natural ability" ...

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Are you high right now?
    LOL. I said "I hope..." which isn't to say I am convinced that Trump is correct on that front.

Currently trying to wrap my head around what it would be like to just go back to work and act like things are normal. Would anyone really do that, besides the red hat nutters? Even if the administration takes executive action to force companies back to work and ignore the state edicts, will anyone really want to go out to dinner at a restaurant? Go to a bar? Is he going to force the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. to start playing games again? Re-open colleges, schools, etc.? Are people going to actually listen to him?

The only way any of that happens, IMV, is if there's some miracle drug...which is not possible to even make in one weeks time.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Currently trying to wrap my head around what it would be like to just go back to work and act like things are normal. Would anyone really do that, besides the red hat nutters?
    People who want to keep their jobs and/or desperately need the money will, and that's a lot of people...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dang. Makes it through all that just to effected by some bat eating hillbillies on the other side of the planet. WTF? That sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    May the bat of paradise fly up your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I think you're ignoring his "natural ability" ...
    Right. Uncle at MIT.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    People who want to keep their jobs and/or desperately need the money will, and that's a lot of people...
    True. But if you're running a restaurant, and lets say the servers, cooks, etc. are some of the people that desperately need the money go back to work...that couldn't last long because there would be no one to serve...or maybe red hat folks just say fuck it and go out and about like this isn't happening? That's Trump's expectation right?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck! 16 residents of the facility my 94 year old FIL lives in have confirmed cases. They're not moving them to the hospital or out of the building because there's no place to move them to. We're not allowed to see him or take him out to our house now. Fuck! Can you imagine the guy lived through the epidemic in Hungary when he was a little boy, lived through the Holocaust because he was a young man and they put him on a work detail, walked from Hungary to the west coast of France after the war sneaking around at night because he had no papers then making his way to the US on an Army transport ship to work for his cousin that got out before the war. He got here and ended up doing very well for himself but a few years ago the mind went away, dementia got him, and we had to move him to this place. Fuck!
    Did you have much warning -- e.g. news of individual cases trickling out first -- or did it just go suddenly from "everything's fine" to lockdown? I ask because we just heard of the first case at my mother-in-law's retirement community, and she & her four daughters are trying to figure out what, if anything, to do.

I've been working from home exclusively for about a week and half. I have always had the ability to work from home when I want. We have staff that are set up to work from home and as a perk they get 1-2 WFH days a week. Our management has kept the office open and staff coming in except their for their scheduled WFH days.

Last Friday, my boss that lives out of state got us all on a call and told us we need to be leaders in our offices by showing up to show staff that it's business as normal and that the virus is overblown. I asked him where he was calling from and he blew off the question.

So I emailed him our governor's statement about working from home if possible, my governor's phone number, and told him leadership isn't always agreeing with your boss. Then I called my boss's boss to bullshit. Didn't mention the Friday call. I'm not a back stabber. He said he was holed up in his Red Lodge second home for the next few weeks. I think my job is secure. Lot of weird shit going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Cuomo is on TV saying that other regions of the country should send NY their ventilators until they don’t need them, then they’ll ship them back..yeah right. I appreciate his effort, but do you think hospitals in say Atlanta, are gonna ship their shit to NY?
    FWIW, it's probably too late to do something similar, but China established a cordon sanitaire surrounding the Hubei province and then sent in 40,000 health care workers along with medical supplies to manage and contain the epidemic.

The amount of pressure the unions are applying to keep tradesman working must be wild in places like NYC. It’s pissing me off thinking about it.

Another one not fully being reported are the young ppl being asked to be on Wall Street desks...these kids have “global” bosses working from the hamptons, beach home and anywhere BUT the office or offsite. These kids and their middle managers are dropping like flies, who’s behind them....no one.

The moral side of this situation for all industries and making ppl work certain roles is outrageous.
    Our NYC offices are closed. Only people there are essential traders and trading volumes are huge.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Coumo says he’ll even move his doctors to WA with the vents.

4 days after their projected peak?

He can blame whoever he wants to, But I’m glad someone is thinking about the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck! 16 residents of the facility my 94 year old FIL lives in have confirmed cases. They're not moving them to the hospital or out of the building because there's no place to move them to. We're not allowed to see him or take him out to our house now. Fuck! Can you imagine the guy lived through the epidemic in Hungary when he was a little boy, lived through the Holocaust because he was a young man and they put him on a work detail, walked from Hungary to the west coast of France after the war sneaking around at night because he had no papers then making his way to the US on an Army transport ship to work for his cousin that got out before the war. He got here and ended up doing very well for himself but a few years ago the mind went away, dementia got him, and we had to move him to this place. Fuck!
    The guy is 94 years old, has dementia and lives in a nursing home? If you could have asked him 20 years ago what he'd want in this situation, what do you think his answer would be?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    The people that believe his lies do the mental squirming to justify any idiotic remark he makes....and Faux News just makes up more lies to provide cover for his mistakes...If at his next "news" conference he read from the Koran..or the Bible.. Or Green Eggs and Ham...a large number of nitwits will come up with some bullshit about how smart he is.. Then start blaming Democrats...
    slow clap

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    FWIW, it's probably too late to do something similar, but China established a cordon sanitaire surrounding the Hubei province and then sent in 40,000 health care workers along with medical supplies to manage and contain the epidemic.
    Of course its too late, it was too late once there was A confirmed case outside of China.

The only way to reign it back in is with the rapid tests and the antibody testing.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok thanks. Id go buy a bunch and put them in the van. Like thise drywall masks?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wear one of these. Maybe it will help others get the idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200324_112119.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	962.0 KB 
ID:	322045

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Of course its too late, it was too late once there was A confirmed case outside of China.

The only way to reign it back in is with the rapid tests and the antibody testing.

As one of the no worse than the flu people, you're late to the party on rapid tests and antibody testing. China had/has cases throughout the country which it manages through testing while still supporting the worst hit areas with outside support.

We need to wake up to the fact that working together at all levels of society and all levels of government is the only way to protect ourselves and our loved ones.