Page 306 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Thanks for doing what you do man! And I love how the TGR'z are experts on PPE quality control.
    Thanks bud!
    Make sure to exercise those SF troots, from a socially distant location, for me.
    Keeping them at the business end of a 9ft flyrod is just about the perfect distance!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Most of us know not to comment on things we know nothing about because we've looked stupid in the past jumping to conclusions with limited info or no frame of reference.
    That reminds me, where is Steep to tell us?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Most of us know not to comment on things we know nothing about because we've looked stupid in the past jumping to conclusions with limited info or no frame of reference
    Hey! I res-

emble that comment!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That reminds me, where is a Steep to tell us?
    Banned?

And i should take my own advice that you quoted more often, to be clear. ha.

At the end of the day I'm glad to do my part.
    TGR has always had zero fucks given about calliing shit out.
    If you think I ain't doing it right then I appreciates you speaking up.

Attachment 321867
    Bunny Don't Surf

I was gonna ask if you guys were working with live virus HTFB for the pos control, but sounds like synthetic RNA from what you described.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Some really cool stuff happening on my block. One of my neighbors is a retired surgeon. Her husband worked for a few high tech companies, writing code, etc. Came up with a prototype plastic shield and met with a member of the St Charles Hospital staff yesterday to show the prototype. He gave the staff member a prototype for further evaluation.

Next it was on to a meeting with some folks at Ruffwear, HQ here in Bend to see about ramping up and producing these locally. They were having some problems finding the thin plastic screens, and I suggested checking the local Hobby Lobby store, and viola! They found some supplies!

My Mom is currently working on sewing up some masks based on instructions found on line. The hard part is finding the stretch bands, but I have found some out Ace Hardware that might work.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/from-...in-three-days/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Some really cool stuff happening on my block. One of my neighbors is a retired surgeon. Her husband worked for a few high tech companies, writing code, etc. Came up with a prototype plastic shield and met with a member of the St Charles Hospital staff yesterday to show the prototype. He gave the staff member a prototype for further evaluation.

Next it was on to a meeting with some folks at Ruffwear, HQ here in Bend to see about ramping up and producing these locally. They were having some problems finding the thin plastic screens, and I suggested checking the local Hobby Lobby store, and viola! They found some supplies!

My Mom is currently working on sewing up some masks based on instructions found on line. The hard part is finding the stretch bands, but I have found some out Ace Hardware that might work.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/from-...in-three-days/
    How are these cleaned after use?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    The PAPR face shield isn't impact rated or so we are told.
    All engineering has to wear safety glasses under PAPR at my fun factory.
    My safety glasses are readers I am pretty much blind on the small stuff without them so it's all good.
    Ah. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Antidotaly is the method of applying the antidote to spell checker tyranny
    Fight the power my brother!

Steep is busy sending congratulations to Trump and Pence for a job well done.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How are these cleaned after use?
    I'm not sure on how they are being cleaned after use. Or if they even attempt to clean them. 10 of the prototypes just went to St Charles this morning for testing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I'm not sure on how they are being cleaned after use. Or if they even attempt to clean them. 10 of the prototypes just went to St Charles this morning for testing.
    something like this maybe. Re-use would be a nice value

https://www.steris.com/healthcare/pr...l-cart-washers

Seeing giant warehouses being prepped for hospital beds and ventilators is surreal.

Boeing sending everyone home while they wait for the bailout. Playing hardball?

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...e%20subscriber
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I was gonna ask if you guys were working with live virus HTFB for the pos control, but sounds like synthetic RNA from what you described.
    They have viral assays on the R and D side of things.
    And also at our Defense division
    If I go into R and D I cannot go into the manufacturing side until I have gone home showered and changed clothes.
    They have other things there that are bad for our process besides viral assays.
    We use PCR to amplify the DNA present to a detectable level then mix it with LC green then measure the melt curves.
    My understanding is our COVID panel will be available commercially in April but could be wrong.

Start at 1:30 to get to the good stuff.

Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Steep is busy sending congratulations to Trump and Pence for a job well done.
    The COVID-19 denier crowd are biding their time for when this is brought under control so they can say "see, I told you so, no worse than the flu. Look at the death #s!!!"

Time for Musk, Bezo's, and Branson to start a competing airline company. We need it.

...is he from Michigan, by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ...is he from Michigan, by chance?
    The Spleuge I believe
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

I don't think so. Lots of plants/factories announcing shut downs. Boeing has zero leverage. They can file chapter 11 if they need to go that route. Trump can advise them, as he is an expert in such things.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

didja read the link?

"The decision comes a day after a Boeing worker died of a COVID-19 infection. The company said Sunday that 29 of its employees had been confirmed to have the disease, 24 of those from its Puget Sound region facilities."
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The COVID-19 denier crowd are biding their time for when this is brought under control so they can say "see, I told you so, no worse than the flu. Look at the death #s!!!"
    And that's OK. If we (meaning people taking this seriously) are right then it will be brought under control and really that's reward enough; or at least it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    And that's OK. If we (meaning people taking this seriously are right) then it will be brought under control and really that's reward enough; or at least it is to me.
    Yep. We've got a better chance of curing COVID-19 than curing stupidity!