Page 2 of 1673 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The problem with being a totalitarian state is that the state is to blame for all failures (that cannot be blamed on foreign enemies or domestic traitors). It is kind of like maintaining a modern mandate of heaven. CCP learned that pretending there is no problem wasn't working, so now CCP must go draconian. It's not a huge problem for CCP if they have a lot of deaths, but it is a huge problem if they are seen as being to blame for things getting out of control because they under reacted. So, they will clamp down. I bet they are under-reporting, though I don't know how much.
    Last edited by Summit; 01-26-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bio weapon gone wrong? It would be advantageous to the China govt to unleash this on the rest of world, close their borders and then take over once we all die.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Bio weapon gone wrong? It would be advantageous to the China govt to unleash this on the rest of world, close their borders and then take over once we all die.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17644287130_7fa6a9da28_b.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	312399

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I thought I read an analysis somewhere that said it was more similar to Coronaviruses from bats. Hard to tell since 99% of the internet shit on the topic is BS.
    Yeah but what mofro says is bankable.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Do you believe that Chinese Govt would quarantine ~41MM people over ~1k confirmed Corona infection cases?

The infection rate is likely 100x what they report. Filthy bastages.
    That's a fargin trick question.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but what mofro says is bankable.
    Yes

The problem with being a totalitarian state is that the state is to blame for all failures. It is kind of like maintaining a modern mandate of heaven. CCP learned that pretending there is no problem wasn't working, so now CCP must go draconian. It's not a huge problem for CCP if they have a lot of deaths, but it is a huge problem if they are seen as being to blame for things getting out of control because they under reacted. So, they will clamp down. I bet they are under-reporting, though I don't know how much.

I mean, c'mon, who knows at this point.

This is something I just read this morning. Jezuz.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/in...rus-2020-01-25

Don't forget, the black plague started in China.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

Yeah, but suppose we all turned into unstoppable zombies, and all of us walked slowly towards China, going, errr ahhh unh ugh, with our hands stretched out in front of us. They wouldn't like that. And who would they sell their cheap crap to?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but suppose we all turned into unstoppable zombies, and all of us walked slowly towards China, going, errr ahhh unh ugh, with our hands stretched out in front of us. They wouldn't like that. And who would they sell their cheap crap to?
    Name:  11361.jpg
Views: 4125
Size:  298.3 KB

I bet they are under-reporting, though I don't know how much.
    all Chinese statistics are lies, not a daring bet.

Villages are already segregating themselves w/o government approval, there’s probably wide support for the moves in the short term.

J Med Virol. 2020 Jan 22. doi: 10.1002/jmv.25682. [Epub ahead of print]
    Homologous recombination within the spike glycoprotein of the newly identified coronavirus may boost cross-species transmission from snake to human.
    Ji W1, Wang W2, Zhao X3, Zai J4, Li X5.

Abstract
    The current outbreak of viral pneumonia in the city of Wuhan, China, was caused by a novel coronavirus designated 2019-nCoV by the World Health Organization, as determined by sequencing the viral RNA genome. Many patients were potentially exposed to wildlife animals at the Huanan seafood wholesale market, where poultry, snake, bats, and other farm animals were also sold. To determine the possible virus reservoir, we have carried out comprehensive sequence analysis and comparison in conjunction with relative synonymous codon usage (RSCU) bias among different animal species based on existing sequences of the newly identified coronavirus 2019-nCoV. Results obtained from our analyses suggest that the 2019-nCoV appears to be a recombinant virus between the bat coronavirus and an origin-unknown coronavirus. The recombination occurred within the viral spike glycoprotein, which recognizes cell surface receptor. Additionally, our findings suggest that snake is the most probable wildlife animal reservoir for the 2019-nCoV based on its RSCU bias resembling snake compared to other animals. Taken together, our results suggest that homologous recombination within the spike glycoprotein may contribute to cross-species transmission from snake to humans.

So far it appears highly contagious with a 0-10 day onset of symptoms, nearly all of the ~60 fatatlies have been age 60+ with underlying immune issues.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The Spanish Flu was taking down perfectly healthy people in their 30s and 40s in 36-72 hours.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Respiratory masks, if you had the foresight to buy a truckload a week ago you could apply surge pricing, partner with doordash and make a nice profit.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Homologous recombination within the spike glycoprotein of the newly identified coronavirus may boost cross-species transmission from snake to human.

Abstract
    The current outbreak of viral pneumonia in the city of Wuhan, China, was caused by a novel coronavirus designated 2019-nCoV by the World Health Organization, as determined by sequencing the viral RNA genome. Many patients were potentially exposed to wildlife animals at the Huanan seafood wholesale market, where poultry, snake, bats, and other farm animals were also sold. To determine the possible virus reservoir, we have carried out comprehensive sequence analysis and comparison in conjunction with relative synonymous codon usage (RSCU) bias among different animal species based on existing sequences of the newly identified coronavirus 2019-nCoV. Results obtained from our analyses suggest that the 2019-nCoV appears to be a recombinant virus between the bat coronavirus and an origin-unknown coronavirus. The recombination occurred within the viral spike glycoprotein, which recognizes cell surface receptor. Additionally, our findings suggest that snake is the most probable wildlife animal reservoir for the 2019-nCoV based on its RSCU bias resembling snake compared to other animals. Taken together, our results suggest that homologous recombination within the spike glycoprotein may contribute to cross-species transmission from snake to humans.

So far it appears highly contagious with a 0-10 day onset of symptoms, nearly all of the ~60 fatatlies have been age 60+ with underlying immune issues.
    there are reports of dozens of body’s that have been cremated w/o diagnosis in Wuhan alone.

There it ls. I started seeing this from alternative news sources a couple days ago.

Motherfuckin snakes. " I hate snakes"
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Probably time to ban travel/trade outbound from China till they get this sorted out.

Name:  IMG_1835.JPG
Views: 3839
Size:  95.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Abstract

Thank you.

Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/sho...2820%2930183-5

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

The difference vs 1918 is Purell and Irish Spring.

I’d have to imagine the masses in those Chinese cities will start going crazy if this worsens.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Doubtful. They haven't been living a free and easy existence all their lives, like us fat Americans.

Difference between 1918 and now is great advancements in medical science. Even then, many thought it was God's wrath, like back to the middle ages.
    Impressive how Ebola has been contained and even Aids is close to a cure, even after the homophobia.

I couldn't imagine being someone stuck in the containment area. Horrible way to start the new year.
    An opportunity to set aside some political differences, and offer our assistance in no small order to contain the source and mitigate the pain and suffering. None of us are immune to this shit, but damn am I thankful to not be behind a wall with over a million people in such a small space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17644287130_7fa6a9da28_b.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	312399
    Wuhan is I believe the only level 4 bio research facility
    . . .

https://mobile.twitter.com/drericding

Scary as hell. I dare you to read this Harvard dr tweets
    . . .