Page 264 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 41810
    Cashiering is a front line job these days. I heard old people who were greeters at Walmart have caught it from their work. Now that is fucking sad.

They haven't had greeters at my local wally for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    But where to spend it? My town is Shelter in Place. I can buy food, house hold supplies and medicine. Nothing else is open for business

Online retailers are starting to shut down. Sierra Trading Post Closed ship today.

Some folks are in need of $1000. Provide it for the recently laid off. Not everyone. My neighbors that earn over $250k a year do not need a grand. The mom down the street who is no infer cleaning rooms does. For food. Give her $2k.
    Dispensaries??
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    previous order for Bay area considers exercise, outdoor activity essential.
    Yes, I know, but what about the statewide order? I don't see it addressed. I think the best you can say is it's not specifically prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Cashiering is a front line job these days. I heard old people who were greeters at Walmart have caught it from their work. Now that is fucking sad.
    That’s where you have to wonder if all the civility goes out the window. If the doctors, nurses, cops, firefighters, cashiers, truck drivers, and so on... start “social distancing”. Or worse, knocked out, we are on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How nice. My liquor store is shut down with windows and doors boarded up with plywood.
    Beaver Liquors?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I’ve gotten us by with a few spray bottles I bought early on. We mainly concentrated on the surfaces people would touch coming in and out of the business. Of course now with cases at the high school down the street from us It’s changed the game a bit. After scouring every store around, even hitting arcane stuff like home depot and farm supply stores I’d come up empty. Just as it seemed grim and I was getting ready to close, my wife found a 32 oz bottle of 91% iso in our linen/medicine closet at home. Tupperware container, paper towels, wiping of all surfaces touched (before and after)and I think we’re good to go. (Hope)

I’m also torn on the staying open, we do work on the vehicles of healthcare workers and other essential workers. Most states have deemed auto repair shops as essential in the shelter in place regs so far. So far we’re not on a lock down, I guess I’ll deal with that when (probably not if) it comes.
    My nephew is advertising to disinfect your car before and after servicing at his shop. Kid is a better business/sales man than mechanic. And he's a great mechanic. Just told my mechanic I'd bring my Jeep in to service the A/T. Keep the economy going best you can.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, I know, but what about the statewide order? I don't see it addressed. I think the best you can say is it's not specifically prohibited.
    I didn't either, so I figured I deferred back to the Bay area. I didn't read LA's. What does it say in reference?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I didn't either, so I figured I deferred back to the Bay area. I didn't read LA's. What does it say in reference?
    The governor said the state-wide order mirrored the county orders. Most business is essential, just stay away from each other. Pretend everyone and yourself have it and Stop passing the shit around. Don't be Italy.

Pray we can scrape together enough healthcare.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Beaver Liquors?
    ... And Lips Too.

But, no. I will say that Joe is a great beer buyer though, and a hellava nice guy. His whole family is.

Although there is another plywood boarded store as well.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey idiot. Trump did nothing immediately, OK. Well other than blame this on the fucking Democrats and try to turn this thing into something political. You are now on ignore, oh, and fuck you.
    Could be my new signature. Well said.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    The governor said the state-wide order mirrored the county orders. Most business is essential, just stay away from each other. Pretend everyone and yourself have it and Stop passing the shit around. Don't be Italy.

Pray we can scrape together enough healthcare.
    What the governor said and what is stated in the order are not consistent. I hope this is clarified soon.

The order lists 4 reasons to leave ones residence:
    Groceries
    Trip to pharmacies
    Trip to healthcare provider
    Participating in one of the essential jobs

The essential job information is also a little confusing. Earlier this week, one of my project teams was informed by a client that their immediate job site tasks met one of the categories. For them, it’s field work that is generally low risk for personal safety and easy for things like social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What the governor said and what is stated in the order are not consistent. I hope this is clarified soon.

The order lists 4 reasons to leave ones residence:
    Groceries
    Trip to pharmacies
    Trip to healthcare provider
    Participating in one of the essential jobs

The essential job information is also a little confusing. Earlier this week, one of my project teams was informed by a client that their immediate job site tasks met one of the categories. For them, it’s field work that is generally low risk for personal safety and easy for things like social distancing.
    Huh. You're right. The order is brief
    https://covid19.ca.gov/img/Executive-Order-N-33-20.pdf

The referenced critical infrastructure is vague
    https://www.cisa.gov/identifying-cri...uring-covid-19

For example, under the county order, it's pretty clear that my bicycle is essential transportation, and that its supply, maintenance, and repair facilities are also essential. (It also counts as essential to exercise, when performed with social distancing.) The CISA doc only mentions Transportation, and doesn't even mention a personal auto.

In any case, I'm hoping the bike store sells me a tire tomorrow. I'm down to threads
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Here are some answers explained a bit different than things I’ve read so far.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...avirus/608389/

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How nice. My liquor store is shut down with windows and doors boarded up with plywood.
    Does the cashier sit behind a plastic window with a hole in it?

Bob - And Seano - I have one of the best and most powerful disinfectants you can get, totally hospital grade shit. It's called Fiberlock. One small bottle makes five gallons.
    I imagine they're sold out by now. I actually am starting work with another disinfectant company Monday.

Fiberlock Shockwave Cleaner | EPA-Registered Disinfectant‎
    https://www.fiberlock.com/product/shockwave//(978)344-2605
    Find out how to treat microbial contamination with Shockwave from Fiberlock Technologies. Want to stop contamination and prevent the spread of harmful viruses and microorganisms? 98% Soil Load. Surface Sanitizer. On Spot Disinfectant. Kills On Contact.

Check out the website. If you think it'll work for either of you, send me an addy and I'll ship you a bottle. I did the company rep a favor at the pot convention in Vegas and hauled some cases up to Reno for him. He gave me three bottles. I only need one. I was going to use it to disinfect my grow room but, shit happens, things change.

It’s called shockwave

Made by fiberlock. Used for mold remediation, but also a common hospital disinfectant
    . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-coronavirus/

Interesting piece. If you can't get past the paywall, the theory is that America will have an easier time with this disease because we are a spread out, suburban country that commutes by car, except the NYC region, so, harder to spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Here are some answers explained a bit different than things I’ve read so far.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...avirus/608389/
    Thanks for that. Great read!

No one has mentioned anything about another kind of hoarding. Ultra rich people. They have been hoarding money for years. All of their capital is money that is not circulating. It is not being used efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    The new CA state order is pretty hardcore!
    Not currently being enforced by police, governor is asking for voluntary compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    My nephew is advertising to disinfect your car before and after servicing at his shop. Kid is a better business/sales man than mechanic. And he's a great mechanic. Just told my mechanic I'd bring my Jeep in to service the A/T. Keep the economy going best you can.
    Good on him.

Went to the dealer to get a thing fixed on my truck yesterday. As best I can tell, they're completely ignoring this whole Covid 19 thing. Shaking hands, no attempts at social distancing, no efforts to disinfect anything. We don't have any cases locally, but still, I was surprised at how unconcerned they seemed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-coronavirus/

Interesting piece. If you can't get past the paywall, the theory is that America will have an easier time with this disease because we are a spread out, suburban country that commutes by car, except the NYC region, so, harder to spread.
    Seeing how things have escalated in California in the last 48hrs, I would wager that there is some unfounded optimism in the air...

Obviously wishing that that theory would be right, no-one abroad wants unnecessary suffering or US economy to tank.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Buses are empty around here. BART (the commuter/homeless train) reduced service b/c 97% of passengers are gone.

And many homeless already have free passes
    It’s still winter here and all public spaces are closed.
    That’s the difference.
    Nobody’s going anywhere, it’s just a warm place to sit.
    Yhey do the same thing in the summer when it’s hot, except they have the library and the ymca and the salvation army and st vincents and every church to disperse them a bit.
    Now, it’s just everyone come coughing up the stairs two feet from my face and cram into the VectorMobile for some air mingling.
    It’s like a “wet market” of poor people: the working poor going to their jobs at walmart, the sick and disabled poor going to medical offices, the poor who can’t afford to fix their car, the single moms, etc....and now add in everyone who’s bored or cold.

Like I said though, fuck it. Whatever.

Fuck I am way behind on this thread, been hoarding TP

Name:  90419117_2905002922891572_1033748024842518528_n.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  45.3 KB
    Name:  ns.png
Views: 535
Size:  90.2 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?