Page 196 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 41810
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	192.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	320475

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

If the shit does hit the fan people who can get along with other people--especially people of different economic and social background, ethnicity, age, etc are going to be the people who come out okay.
    i think the yellowstone clubbers down the road would disagree....also heard through proprietary grapevine they have been prepping in pallet quantities....now that their 12,000 sf nests are feathered, their 12 man SOF former socom security teams are in place, they are swooping in to KBZN in their private aircraft...and ferried down in blacked out escalades......they will not be embracing the neighbors outside of their gilded walls....

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, a lot of boomers made it to the other side, where they are living off savings, pensions, and SS, in other words, interest. Like the idle wealthy. They don't have to worry about losing their jobs, because they don't work. Hopefully they separated themselves from a business. Their homes aren't going anywhere. And, they don't spend too much, anyway. Telling them to stay home is like, buy another comfy chair and flatscreen, and settle in, and they'll say, sure. No traveling is a bitch, but, that'll come back, and probably cheaper.
    I have several comfortable chairs. I only have one ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    i think the yellowstone clubbers down the road would disagree....also heard through proprietary grapevine they have been prepping in pallet quantities....now that their 12,000 sf nests are feathered, their 12 man SOF former socom security teams are in place, they are swooping in to KBZN in their private aircraft...and ferried down in blacked out escalades......they will not be embracing the neighbors outside of their gilded walls....

They will all kill each other. The walls are to keep them in.

If they're heading to the Yellowstone club that's actually a good sign. If shit was really bad they'd be heading for the missile silos.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...the-super-rich

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah. Going out tommorow for dumbbells. Thinking of adjustable weight . Dicks have them?
    I’m doing push-ups/lunges/pull ups. X4. Then swimming until the gym runs out of hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies then they’ll shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My gym is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post

That sort of prepping is probably baseline for those people, I can't imagine it's anything new.

Crickey, Washington's known cases have been rising steadily at almost 100 every 24 hours.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Crickey, Washington's known cases have been rising steadily at almost 100 every 24 hours.
    I don't know the numbers, but all things considered, linear increases are better than exponential ones.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I don't know the numbers, but all things considered, linear increases are better than exponential ones.
    Especially with the massive test increases.

I'm expecting to see a huge jump once testing really gets rolled out. It'll also take the data toll way the fuck down to flu like levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Especially with the massive test increases.

I'm expecting to see a huge jump once testing really gets rolled out. It'll also take the data toll way the fuck down to flu like levels.
    Probably will still come in higher than the flu, but yeah, there'll be a massive spike and the death rate will be a lot less terrifying sounding. I haven't seen any good figures for what a realistic factor of multiplication might be for all cases vs. confirmed cases. I'd guess somewhere between 10x and 100x, but nobody really knows.

Praise abort
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Certainly I hope the death rate tallies at less than the seasonal flu when said and done, and society gets back to work asap. But I’m concerned about the ~60,000 unrecovered cases in China. Death rate isn’t everything. There’s going to be some bummed people on this board and elsewhere to end up with permanent fucked up lungs.

That said and maybe conversely to the above thought. If 13,000 die in the US annually from seasonal flu, not quite seeing how that doesn’t overwhelm hospitals as well. If 13,000 die, how many go in and recover? Do they come out with pneumonia scarred lungs too?

Chinese Rat Flu

This is soooo terrible for small Business. Like nothing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Yeah, I own a small business and this easily puts a $10,000 digger in 2020 for me, if not more depending on when we come out. One of the reasons I’m not taking it easy and relaxed. On the other hand I don’t want 13 dead elderly relatives either. Or scarred lungs. Fuck. Fuck those fucking wet market people and those that patronized them. Fuck.

45 year old ER doctor in Kirkland, WA tests positive for coronovirus and is in critical condition.

“There was an initial test on Tuesday and that came back negative. But the doctor presented clinically with symptoms, so a second test was done Friday. That test came back positive, and the doctor was admitted." He was in critical condition on Saturday and remains that way today.

Someone who knows the doctor posted on another forum I read and described the doctor as "healthy and fit" and 45 years old.

So, if the CDC recommends, and the governments acts on, the ‘no 50 people or more’ guidelines, isn’t that going to mean airplanes?
    The economy will REALLY grind to a halt.

Tomorrow’s announcements could be insane.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They will all kill each other. The walls are to keep them in.
    maybe sooner than later...just heard that a YC'er came in to lay low with virus, and infected 4 club employees
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Do you even ski?
    Ah know bad knees and heart disease I'm fucked stick to mountain biking skiing is for the proletariat

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

J uh st foundbout the hot springs is closed bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    So let’s say the resorts are being generous and pay two weeks of wages, then close. Restaurants, housekeeper, etc. does everyone just go on unemployment?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Arrow

Apparently the viral copypasta I've seen multiple times on here, about Seattle ERs being overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases, is bullshit.

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/sta...48331186249728

Well, that was an exciting afternoon for #COVID19 #coronavirus #disinformation. We had a panic-inducing thread about complete breakdown of the health system in Seattle.
    It was based on a second-hand account from an unnamed physician at an unnamed Seattle-area hospital. When I contacted the author of the thread, he was not forthcoming with any details about where this was happening or who the source was.
    The story followed a common disinformation playbook, mixing elements of truth with falsehood, tracking plausible narratives. We've seen a number such threads claiming dire conditions that turned out to be inaccurate. I asked for confirmation or refutation:
    Several Seattle-area MDs and other health professionals disputed the account. No one confirmed.
    I can see why they didn't want to go too public about it—since questioning the story I've been slammed with all sorts of vitriol and libel. As I expected to be.
    Subsequently the original author tried to walk back the post.
    And now he has deleted the entire thread. (Which, on social media, is the right thing to do, otherwise it continues to spread. Thank you, OP)

This is not the first time we've seen something like this. A similar thread a couple of days ago https://twitter.com/Chenbariatrics1/...22250392039424 was also walked back by its physician-author
    Lots of lessons here.
    May be the most important is that if the scariest, most dramatic version of events is coming from unnamed second-hand sources, and named verifiable sources are giving more tempered reports—be skeptical of the alarmist account.

Once again, be smart. I'm not saying "hurr durr it's just the flu bro." What I'm saying is that alarmist bullshit has created a situation where everyone is literally PILING THEMSELVES INTO HUGE CROWDS and fighting over toilet paper, which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what anyone should do to stay safe.

Ohio Governor mandates that all bars and restaurants close effective as of 9pm tonight until further notice. Carryout/delivery still fine.

All because people couldn't be trusted to stop congregating.

This is going to crush a lot of service industry people. I expect other states to follow soon.

Also, it's funny hearing all the "calm down, no you calm down" back and forth here and what gets hammered and what gets a pass.

Reckless speculation, so hot right now.
    I still call it The Jake.

On a per capita basis the United States now has more active cases than China.