Page 1641 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 ... LastLast
Results 41,001 to 41,025 of 41810
    Intelligent people have always acknowledged the negative consequences of pandemic mitigation. The govt did a pretty good job of mitigating the economic consequences, at the cost of infation and of money going to people who didn't need it (ike me) and to people who stole it (ike our local trash collector). The impacts on school kids have not been mitigated well. And of course those impacts fell hardest on the urban poor--mainly black and latino--the kids who don't have good internet, who live with their grandparents, the kids whose families were at hightest risk of dying of covid. A pandemic is always a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. And as aways the tornados hit the trailpark.

The decisions made about school closures were made by well meaning people with the limited knowledge available at the time. We'll probably never know how much school closures affected the spread of the virus. A lot depends on whether the kids and teachers stayed home and uninfected or were otherwise out and about and getting covid somewhere beside school.

It's important not to lose context, either. School closures and other nonpharmaceutical interventions made some sense early on when the novel virus was attacking a naive population and hospitals were overwhelmed. They made a lot less sense once vaccines and other pharmaceutical interventions, along with other treatments, became available.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Do you see any potential downsides for the USA (and the rest of the western world) if this action was taken?
    At this point I am unsure, something should be done but with the way the China relationship is right now it could be tense for sure. If origin is determined China, they need to be held responsible.

Sent from my [deez nutz] using TGR Mods are funny

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Do you see any potential downsides for the USA (and the rest of the western world) if this action was taken?
    I mean I got a year ban for saying shit that's actually in the news now, but I said it was back when. I was a prime example of the "left" and following the narrative. Shouldn't ever have an original thought or difference of opinion around here, lest you're spreading "misinformation" fucking beaters.

Nonsense, you were banned for being an asshole. It's that simple. You showed up several times a day and willfully misrepresented vaccine information. Presenting a different point of view was fine. The way you went about was not. You just kept telling the same lies about the source material over-and-over day-after-day and tried to dominate any conversation even after people addressed your complaints & questions. You were banned for being over the top aggressively obnoxious, not for your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The logic at the time was pretty solid, though:

Lab leak, therefore not natural disease just an engineered bioweapon, therefore an attack.

Since it was an attack, do nothing, just ignore it and let the weapon perform as intended.

It was a good plan.
    heh, conspiracy theories replaced religion as the dominate worldview and purpose-driven belief system for a lot of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I mean I got a year ban for saying shit that's actually in the news now, but I said it was back when. I was a prime example of the "left" and following the narrative. Shouldn't ever have an original thought or difference of opinion around here, lest you're spreading "misinformation" fucking beaters.

Right, like the right isn't an echo chamber and I couldn't recite your points verbatim if I took five minutes in the conservative blogosphere. The party of Santos, child sex enablers like Gym Jordan and snowflakes like trailer queen. Right.
    I prefer competency over "news entertainment"
    It's all about saving the kids*
    *- unless they're trans, don't like guns or disagree with me

If origin is determined China, they need to be held responsible.
    and what does this mean? what actions are you suggesting? Or, are you just venting and the preferred action is to sully the countries reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Right, like the right isn't an echo chamber .....
    No need to engage in whataboutism let alone concede his point since he wasn't banned because of his nonheterodox point of view, he was banned for being too obnoxious even by TGR standards.

What does not make sense to me is why there is not a clearly massaged and focused effort to improve indoor air quality, especially in schools. Plenty of children and school staff are catching covid and other airborne pathogens that could be mitigated with improved air quality at the schools.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Nonsense, you were banned for being an asshole. It's that simple. You showed up several times a day and willfully misrepresented vaccine information. Presenting a different point of view was fine. The way you went about was not. You just kept telling the same lies about the source material over-and-over day-after-day and tried to dominate any conversation even after people addressed your complaints & questions. You were banned for being over the top aggressively obnoxious, not for your point of view.

heh, conspiracy theories replaced religion as the dominate worldview and purpose-driven belief system for a lot of Americans.
    Lies? Lol. Seems those lies aren't "lies" anymore. Don't care what ya think you're full of shit. I bucked the "narrative" the left liberals in this mess of a place have and that's all i did. Feel free to post up all my "misinformation" I was a "dick" because I didn't simply agree with everything I was being spoonfed. The majority of you. Well. #sheepthen #sheepstill

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Right, like the right isn't an echo chamber and I couldn't recite your points verbatim if I took five minutes in the conservative blogosphere. The party of Santos, child sex enablers like Gym Jordan and snowflakes like trailer queen. Right.
    I prefer competency over "news entertainment"
    It's all about saving the kids*
    *- unless they're trans, don't like guns or disagree with me
    Lol child sex enablers? How many times ole billy hit that island again?

Skidog didn't buck any narrative. People here were either divided or nuanced on things like mandates, lockdowns and school closures. Skidog fabricated a narrative strawman and proceeded to argue with anyone and everyone most days for no reason whatsoever about nothing whatsoever. It was just obnoxious warblegarble trolling.

Oh he's bucked some narratives. Skidog knows the flatness of the earth changes with snow depth and Big Geometry won't dissuade him. He's a free thinker.

Oh he's bucked some narratives. Skidog knows the flatness of the earth changes with snow depth and Big Geometry won't dissuade him. He's a free thinker.
    Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of influenza‐like illness (ILI)/COVID‐19 like illness compared to not wearing masks (risk ratio (RR) 0.95, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.84 to 1.09; 9 trials, 276,917 participants; moderate‐certainty evidence. Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of laboratory‐confirmed influenza/SARS‐CoV‐2 compared to not wearing masks (RR 1.01, 95% CI 0.72 to 1.42; 6 trials, 13,919 participants; moderate‐

You didn't buck any narrative. People here were either divided or nuanced on things like mandates, lockdowns and school closures. You fabricated a narrative strawman and proceeded to argue with anyone and everyone most days for no reason whatsoever about nothing whatsoever. It was just obnoxious warblegarble trolling.
    Lol ok. I've seen more of that crap from others over the last year with no bans. Its a joke bruh. The left liberals run this place and any difference in that opinion gets crap. If you don't see it, it's only because you're one of the liberals.

Skidog didn't buck any narrative. People here were either divided or nuanced on things like mandates, lockdowns and school closures. Skidog fabricated a narrative strawman and proceeded to argue with anyone and everyone most days for no reason whatsoever about nothing whatsoever. It was just obnoxious warblegarble trolling.
    But it was "misinformation" go back and look. Beater

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What does not make sense to me is why there is not a clearly massaged and focused effort to improve indoor air quality, especially in schools. Plenty of children and school staff are catching covid and other airborne pathogens that could be mitigated with improved air quality at the schools.
    Far UVC and some filters? In two generations it will be OK to do logical things. First the opponents have to die off.

Looks like 17 months ago we said we'd never know for sure about lab leaks. Must be time for a victory lap.

Yeah, you have to laugh at these idiots. What else can you do. No one ever stopped anyone from saying it was a leak. From January 2020 plenty of people wrote stuff arguing it was. Nearly all very bad, and if anything the worse the better because there more of a market for that.

knows the flatness of the earth changes with snow depth
    ahem, this happens

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ahem, this happens
    It's not adding 5 degrees to a ski slope.

Or...maybe it is

Yeah, you have to laugh at these idiots. What else can you do.
    You can put them on your IGNORE list.

Please.

I beg of you.

Please stop quoting skidog.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

So it was almost certainly a natural virus and not generated in a lab, it may or may not have been a leak from the Chinese lab (nobody knows for sure) and skidog is an annoying cunt.
    How is this different from what has been established already?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/little-kn...015706576.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

You (mostly) idiots still don't get it. My ban was for "misinformation" which really wasnt misinformation. I used my actual brain and logic, you all chose to listen to fauci spout nonsense for 2 years, you allowed the economy to be ruined, kids and minorities to be even further left behind, all for a virus that pretty much killed old people and immune compromised, just like, guess what??, the flu.. masks are proven to be ineffective in more than one study (even in liberals fav rag the nyt), but yep I spread misinformation and was a dick cause I stuck to my actual argument/position that the majority disagreed with. Welcome to the China of internet forums.

Lol child sex enablers? How many times ole billy hit that island again?

Yeah, one's still in office and a direct part of party leadership. The other is doing retired things, but what about the droid attack on the wookies?
    You need cites on the stats you cite as half are probably bullshit. I see you haven't said I lied at all, because I didn't.
    Strange there were no threads calling for your reinstatement in the year, which means likely nothing of value was lost.