Page 1614 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 ... LastLast
Results 40,326 to 40,350 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Or maybe it's menopause
    Wow I had no idea it was contagious!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Picked up more KN95 masks during Amazon Prime Days. Under $12 for 50!

if you guys are concerned you could see about getting fit tested for your N95 by an RT

fit is important

they do not all fit you ok
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    if you guys are concerned you could see about getting fit tested for your N95 by an RT

fit is important

You can watch a YouTube video and get pretty close, but yes - an official test will show you the best model for your face!

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

fit is important

This is "important".. But, now that we know how viral load and exposure works with this shit even a mediocre fitting KN95 still gives you a LOT more time in the crud zone without getting it than cloth or nothing. Vaccines somewhat up our defenses and significantly up our ability to downgrade the impact when it gets though.

The perfectly fitting N95 hype is real when it's Ebola or something else where even a minute breach is deadly. That's not the case with this assuming you're also vaxed.

So I can wear an N95 now without shaving my beard?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    So I can wear an N95 now without shaving my beard?
    You can do whatever you want, but remember our Epicski rep isn't really known for basing these takes on hard data. How bad does the fit have to be before you're better off with a well "sealed" multi-layer neck gaiter? Does anyone know for sure? Certainly a "big" gap on a restrictive mask is very noticeably worse, but if there was a way to characterize that we might not even need fit checking. But we do.

Guess it would depend on the beard. IMO, if your N95 mask gets sucked to your face when you inhale it's working. This combo of N95 and a cloth mask adjusted tight on my ears works over my goatee.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maskfssf.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	450.4 KB 
ID:	421625
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Agreed, you can feel the suction when inhaling if it's "good enough". You can feel air rushing in and out of gaps if they're big enough to matter. And AGAIN AGIAN the amount of viral particles load it takes to kick your ass is probably a lot higher if you're vaxxed so a mediocre mask fit is probably way better than none..

The bla bla bla mask has to be ridiculously haz mat zone perfect to matter is just venting from people whose worst fear is another mask mandate..

Looking for recs of kn95 masks for adolescents. Faces are too big for kids faces and too small for adult faces. Our stash of school provided masks, which fit pretty well, is low, and we can’t figure out what brand/model they had been using.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

the blue 3m ones come in a Small size

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000057465/

Name:  Image1658083658.222747.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  80.7 KB

I’ll look at the stash the RTs have at work. I know there’s another smaller adult one a couple of the girls use.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I don't know about sizing, but one thing to note is that the difference between a NIOSH approved N95 and one that is also FDA approved is that the latter is fluid resistant, which most of us outside the hospital don't need, I hope. Nothing wrong with using one of course, if that's what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It's so you can go swimming with the mask on, right?

Attachment 421721

It's so you can go swimming with the mask on, right?

Attachment 421721
    As long as it's at least 5 days post positive test and you're feeling fine you can go out and do anything wearing a mask. That is the latest CDC recs right??

I'd go with a scuba mast though..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    As long as it's at least 5 days post positive test and you're feeling fine you can go out and do anything wearing a mask. That is the latest CDC recs right??

I'd go with a scuba mast though..
    Narwall: https://narwallmask.com/collections/all

If I didn't have to wear glasses and have a beard, I would have totally purchased a Narwall mask back when they came out during the thick of things.

Covid struck our house again. We had something nasty in January 2020 and have been bug free since then.

I am mostly asymptomatic, a sore throat and runny nose was all I had over the weekend.

My 37 week pregnant wife has been steamrolled. Fever, chills, exhaustion. I am hoping the paxlovid does its thing.

5 deaths this week in W2 county.

County pop. is 61k
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Interesting chart and article here (https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...d-17313130.php) saying what everybody's been suspecting lately, that actual infection rates are way higher than statistics show.

I suspect the discrepancy is, if anything, far greater outside of the (relatively affluent) Bay Area. Around here, there's a tendency for people to get a sore throat and go "OMG, gotta drive on down to Urgent Care tomorrow!!" Whereas, out in Real America, it's more like "$75 co-pay, and for what? Screw that!"

Thank you for this ^^^ Summer -

I appreciate your contributions - Thank you.

skiJ

5 Covid deaths in our small county last week. 8 people in the hospital and over 300 cases (that have been reported) and these maroons in their tiny bar with low ceilings post this on FB. Come join our super spreader event!

Name:  stonehut.png
Views: 406
Size:  576.9 KB

Yeah... I'm uber Covid cautious.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Covid struck our house again. We had something nasty in January 2020 and have been bug free since then.

I am mostly asymptomatic, a sore throat and runny nose was all I had over the weekend.

My 37 week pregnant wife has been steamrolled. Fever, chills, exhaustion. I am hoping the paxlovid does its thing.
    Hope she feels better SOON!
    Assuming all goes well (highly likely vaxxed) your kiddo will be born with super solid antibodies! Congrats, and share the cigar pix when the event happens!

Which thread to post this in ?

This poor chump got both MonkeyPox and Covid at the same time.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...taboola-recirc

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That sure looks like a bunch of bright lights.