Page 1604 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 ... LastLast
Results 40,076 to 40,100 of 41810
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn dudes been gone a month and the banned bun one stills wearin the covid crown with 2k of bunny babble
    bless his deleted heart
    profanely
    and pawsitive healin vibes sent to those dealin with it long term
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    While I am a Dr, I’m not a doctor, but sounds like it’s way premature for you to get anxious about that.
    Right. I know that after a specific amount of time (2-3 months) it's obvious that you can see you have long COVID. I don't think everyone has textbook long COVID symptoms like me one week in, after being vaxxed and boosted, or am I wrong? I read that story and that guys symptoms from the onset to months in are EXACTLY what I'm feeling, even down to the violent sore throat to start the whole ordeal. If I had a few similar-but-different symptoms it would make me feel better. Or maybe the brain fog is kicking in, I really didn't need to read that article so early this morning, ha.

muted - give yourself at least a month ( I'd say three months )

each case and every case is unique.
    I don't believe in a week you can know whether or not you may develop long covid, but by stressing about it, I believe you increase your chances of developing ,,, complications ( / side effects ).

many months ago ( Oct. / September 2021 ), LSL cautioned about the possibility of long-term effects.
    still, as cited above, you have a 90% (Ninety) chance of getting better.

Please focus on that.

( one can Stress one's self to I'll health )

Please
    Be well ! tj

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So I've spent the past two months not looking at any of these threads or reading anything online. Mostly because of my shoulder injury and focusing on work etc.

It's clear I still have lingering symptoms from my covid infection in January. I have been riding the trainer bike 4-5 days a week since I can't ride real bikes outside. I still feel like my cardio is stuck around 70%. When I try to push into higher heart rates I feel whooped and will have mild chest pains again at night. I really believe I just need to give it more time. Hopefully can start to ride outside within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sobering article about long Covid in our paper today. I have some mutual acquaintances with this guy and have read lots of his stories over the years. Sucks.

Aaron Teasdale used to climb 6,000-meter peaks. Long COVID has made getting out of bed feel harder.

Since the poorly understood second act of the COVID-19 pandemic struck him last February, the Missoula-based adventurer and travel writer's forays outdoors rarely get farther than the Mount Jumbo Saddle trailhead, where he parks his van and sits with the view. Many days, he doesn't have the stamina or concentration to make the drive. Bikers and hikers pass behind him, and a meadow of arrowleaf balsamroot ripples across the hillside. Snow-dusted Bitterroot Mountains cap the view.
    .”
    I skied with Aaron when he did an articlal on Hankin area and showed him around the local hill, he's a good guy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thanks doc! Just saw your PM and dug that out of the cupboard it's been in for almost 5 years (gotta remember to stop calling it the aspirometer!). Still had 3800 marked. She's pulling 2000-2500.

Grabbed a pulse oximeter on the way home and that's 96-98; xray was clear. They put her on Singulair and Pepcid.

She's mainly been noticing fatigue increasing and the shortness of breath may track that, but she's suddenly sensitive to inhaling alcohols, too. Felt well enough to ride bikes (briefly) and work a couple of days last week but days 15/16 went "PEMy," to borrow from yeahman's scary article. Her rate of speech has picked up since using that, though. I'll be setting an alarm for it, I think. Thanks again!
    2000-2500 is good.
    Hope you checked the IS for bugs --living or dead--before you gave it to her.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    2000-2500 is good.
    Hope you checked the IS for bugs --living or dead--before you gave it to her.
    A bit. I gave it a quick once over but she stared at it with great skepticism, inspected from all angles, inquired about my 5 yo germs and eventually detached and cleaned the tube and mouthpiece on basic principle.

Kinda wish I'd checked my own lungs before I gave it to her--I feel like my memory of "normal" skews toward the better end of "still using that thing" so now I'm mildly curious. And most definitely not gonna.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Jon O, I hope it soon resolves for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I can ask an RT tomorrow morning

I’ll get back to you
    Thanks! She is giving the Singulair some credit this morning and saying she feels a bit better, but occasionally staring like she's about to take a long nap, so she's got a ways to go yet. Not optimistic about our planned bike trip, though.

Sister and BIL were due here on the 22nd. He tested positive last Wednesday and is sick and on anti-viral course. She called today, symptomatic and positive tested and going to get anti-viral course started today.

So it goes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Anybody get vertigo/ dizziness with their covid, and if so, how long did it last? Most of my symptoms seem to be gone (or nearly so), but I still have some dizziness which was actually the very first symptom I felt.

yeah ^^ some dizziness but it didnt last long
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

jono

sorry I forgot to ask - I will on Monday

I haven’t felt 100% since I tested positive for COVID (Omicron) in February. I got sick again a month ago but negative COVID & Flu A/B. I still have a cough but it’s better. I am low energy.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Sister and BIL were due here on the 22nd. He tested positive last Wednesday and is sick and on anti-viral course. She called today, symptomatic and positive tested and going to get anti-viral course started today.

So it goes.
    If Paxlavod I have read once done taking, the Covid often comes back

Golden Boy, for sure my vertigo was off for about two weeks. (after I tested negative)
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sorry to hear about people struggling post-infection, but I’m glad people are talking about it!

jono

sorry I forgot to ask - I will on Monday

I haven’t felt 100% since I tested positive for COVID (Omicron) in February. I got sick again a month ago but negative COVID & Flu A/B. I still have a cough but it’s better. I am low energy.
    You could have fooled me.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I struggled when I hung out with you

I got really sick a couple days after

I struggled

I am getting better but I’m not 100%

Yup, I hear ya Mikey. Flew home Friday and was up for 23 hours. Only slept 4-5 last night not sure why, as I was exhausted once we got home. Spent the day cleaning out a rental so tenants can move in next weekend. Fucking tired and bitchy now. Sure hope I sleep better tonight. Still have that fucking cough at times, usually in the morning. It didn't make me that sick, but it lingers and refuses to let go.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sounds like .... old age.

hey

god damn it

I have feelings too ya know

I struggled when I hung out with you

I got really sick a couple days after

I struggled

I am getting better but I’m not 100%
    You remind me of running 3 miles around the park with my kid. As we hit the last quarter mile he says let's sprint. I say, I am sprinting. Even with you having covid I couldn't keep up. Get better soon please.

you kept up just fine

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home

getting a lot of stuff in the vaccination thread -

cdc is reporting >100,000 cases daily ;

~ 1500 deaths weekly

I am so glad the pandemic ended in February /S

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home

getting a lot of stuff in the vaccination thread -

cdc is reporting >100,000 cases daily ;

~ 1500 deaths weekly

I am so glad the pandemic ended in February /S

skiJ
    Maybe so, but covid has been a non-event since about early February in my work (ER). No admits, minimal pulmonary burden, people being admitted “with” not “for” in many cases. Totally different scenario than Fall 2021. Graphs on NYT don’t tell the picture with full relevance.

I appreciate your situation and have commented to this before -
    non-urban central Montana is not representative of the overall picture nationwide ;

I'm sure I am misunderstanding your posts, and I apologize for that. But

there is a report in the vaccination thread of a thirty-two year old who died after having been discharged from the hospital, returned reporting an 'earache' and was dead forty-eight hours later.

I'm not posting these numbers weekly anymore, and from my perspective they - the numbers - remain largely unchanged since March ;

there are reports in the vaccination thread the prevalence of covid in those areas is comparable to what it was during the post-holiday wave...

Intuitively, it is my belief there are at least twice as many cases as are being reported / a sniffle or a cough that is improving after a week ?
    I would not get tested for that. and after a week, it might test negative.

Maybe the pandemic is over -
    maybe we are now in an endemic, and this is the level of covid we are going to live with --

I recognize and I appreciate your comment about 'with.' but maybe not 'for'.
    I am still sorting-out the 'covid death' discussion. and it probably is a matter of 'co-morbidities' ( which feels like a neuvo term I hate. )

a death does not have to be due to a single cause...

If someone had covid and dies, did covid contribute to there death ? probably.

Just Please "be careful out there... "

a two year old will not remember her mother.

my Condolences... tj

2 hospitals, same system, west of the Montana line: 1 only wears masks in the testing room and the other won't let stroke victims' family members inside because community spread. Strange days.

It’s different. Things are better. We have open beds, people aren’t on vents, we’re not up all night. Trust me, this is playing out across the country. It’s a different game. I live/work in low vax, unhealthy population, our sample population paints a very clear picture. A population at high risk with low disease burden.