Page 1480 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 ... LastLast
Results 36,976 to 37,000 of 41810
    Oh shit, it’s on.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I have my very own stalker.

I’ve talked to you many times in that dilapidated shack on lone peak. When you blowhard daily about your life it’s not hard to figure out who you are. Big sky used to be a small place. You seem just as annoying on the internet as you are in real life.
    Housing is difficult to come by, can I sub-lease that space I seem to be taking up in your head. Got a problem with me? Well that's your problem.

Here is the thing. There are quite a few of us who post here and don't go out of our way to conceal who we are. With that said, Doxxing people online is a shitty move.

You might have noticed that using someones name isn't really done done. With that said I would appreciate it if you would edit that information from your previous post. From there on you are welcome to do whatever you want.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 12-06-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yes dear. I thought it was the other patrol director that had his balls removed, apparently it was you.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Oh fuck
    Name:  Image1638839144.410011.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  21.3 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Thanks whoever you were.

BTW you are a little out of touch. I haven't been in a Patrol Shack on Lone Mountain since 2012.

Oh and as for Red Duck Leaders balls, they are on your chin.

Have a nice life.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

FYI free at homes tests in CO depending on your occupation:
    https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-testing-at-home

Went into Starbucks (inside Target) and they wouldn't put coffee in my personal mug because of covid. We're 20 months into this thing now, we know how it transmits, why is this still a thing? Is there any covid-related reason for that now?

Same with all the "heightened disinfecting procedures" that places advertise? I mean, cleaning your shit a lot is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but is there a covid reason?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

So, 20mos in, you’re still taking your personal mug into SBX?
    j/k

I dunno…for the moment I’m happy they (and many other biz) are doing what they can to operate and keep folks employed

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Went into Starbucks (inside Target) and they wouldn't put coffee in my personal mug because of covid. We're 20 months into this thing now, we know how it transmits, why is this still a thing? Is there any covid-related reason for that now?

Same with all the "heightened disinfecting procedures" that places advertise? I mean, cleaning your shit a lot is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but is there a covid reason?
    Starbucks that are inside other properties suck. Service and quality of product. I am always amazed at the consistency and high quality of standalone Starbucks in general in my travels, especially the cheery service. How they do that in this day and age of sullen, depressed youth is remarkable. But, I think the training slacks off when it comes to Starbucks in box stores or supermarkets.

But, yeah, after 20 months, this kabuki theater of cleaning surfaces and avoiding physical contact is stupid and ignorant. This virus is transmitted in the air, not surfaces. You can stop washing your hands so much. Fuck, just get vaccinated and get back to life before you really die.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Starbucks sucks.
    FTFY.

^^+1

But also, the level of thought working on this at most institutions is either "X worked, let's keep doing it" or "X wasn't necessary in the first place, let's stop." Substitute masked school kids and it's the same reasoning going on. "We" don't know what we know and we don't know what we don't know.

The Starbucks inside Target is also staffed & run by Target employees, not Starbucks employees, which produces obvious information/policy silos.

But, yeah, after 20 months, this kabuki theater of cleaning surfaces and avoiding physical contact is stupid and ignorant. This virus is transmitted in the air, not surfaces. You can stop washing your hands so much.
    That viral load that is expelled when someone exhales has to light somewhere eventually, right? I doubt the risk is very high, but there's gotta be a risk. Even the CDC agrees:
    The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus. It is possible for people to be infected through contact with contaminated surfaces or objects (fomites), but the risk is generally considered to be low.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

As litigious as our country is, I don't blame companies from taking measures like this even if they seem unnecessary.

The CDC has fucked up with that one from the start. If there is one government entity that has exposed it's incompetence during all this, it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Doing that is cheaper than a bullshit lawsuit and related media coverage.

But, yeah, after 20 months, this kabuki theater of cleaning surfaces and avoiding physical contact is stupid and ignorant. This virus is transmitted in the air, not surfaces. You can stop washing your hands so much. Fuck, just get vaccinated and get back to life before you really die.
    Generally agree, but don't stop washing your hands, you filthy animal.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The Starbucks inside Target is also staffed & run by Target employees, not Starbucks employees, which produces obvious information/policy silos.
    That's why I mentioned Target, because I'm sure it's a Target policy.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That viral load that is expelled when someone exhales has to light somewhere eventually, right? I doubt the risk is very high, but there's gotta be a risk. Even the CDC agrees:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

As litigious as our country is, I don't blame companies from taking measures like this even if they seem unnecessary.
    I have yet to see any evidence of fomite transmission, just speculation (though I'm a dentist, not a scientist). The CDC has been saying that since the first few months, and I'm guessing it's just a CYA/inertia thing.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can't wait for the pandemic to be over so I can stop wasthing my hands after using the bathroom.

It appears that Covid loves fat

The Coronavirus Attacks Fat Tissue, Scientists Find
    The research may help explain why people who are overweight and obese have been at higher risk of severe illness and death from Covid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/h...t-obesity.html

Oh yea, our little town has banned chain retail stores. Is the lack of a SBX here a good or a bad thing?

The CDC has fucked up with that one from the start. If there is one government entity that has exposed it's incompetence during all this, it's them.
    Stems from ">5μm is a droplet not an aerosol!!!" They're sticking with it like good little dogmatics, too. Maybe eventually there'll be a formal admission that some "droplets" can stay aloft for a while and they'll need two classes of them rather than fixing the confusing jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It appears that Covid loves fat

The Coronavirus Attacks Fat Tissue, Scientists Find
    The research may help explain why people who are overweight and obese have been at higher risk of severe illness and death from Covid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/h...t-obesity.html
    And, ironically, this shutdown has added tons of fat to an already obese population. Especially kids, I read that childhood obesity has increased by something like 18%. Not a good way to go into adulthood. And we already had a childhood/adolescent mental health epidemic. So, in a little while, we're going to have a lot of fat, depressed, and anxious kids walking around. Eating more from anxiety. And the pandemic has created an entire industry of easy and fast food delivery to fuel all that.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

And the pandemic has created an entire industry of easy and fast food delivery to fuel all that.
    It was there before, but Covid certainly increased the popularity of food delivery for any kind of food you could possibly want. I wish we could just ban fast food entirely. I see commercials on TV for places like Domino's and Pizza Hut and can't even believe that shit can be characterized as food.

Starbucks that are inside other properties suck. Service and quality of product. I am always amazed at the consistency and high quality of standalone Starbucks in general in my travels, especially the cheery service. How they do that in this day and age of sullen, depressed youth is remarkable. But, I think the training slacks off when it comes to Starbucks in box stores or supermarkets.
    As mentioned, franchise vs corp employees.

In my town Starbucks can't find anyone to work for them. The downtown location has permanently closed. The drive-thru by the freeway has limited hours, and the one in the upscale outdoor mall (one of the highest traffic stores) had to close for a few weeks due to a mass resignation.

The present union vote results will be interesting.