Page 1463 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... LastLast
Results 36,551 to 36,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And agriculture subsidies for bad food sources. Legalized bribery in the form of lobbying for whole industries that shut down any meaningful attempts to regulate and educate. No laws against advertising the shit out of unhealthy food/fast food. Food deserts. Lobbying and politics that prevents SNAP from providing only healthy foods. An economy that rewards privilege with more privilege instead of addressing the root causes. A feedback loop in the food and beverage industry that drives unhealthy food. A lack of laws regulating what can be considered food. An economy that creates a working poor class. Lack of an adequate social safety net.
    cOmMuNiSt!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    cOmMuNiSt!!
    Yup.

Are we allowed to say this came from a lab yet? Or is that still racist? Or was that only when certain political figures were in office that we weren’t allowed to say it came from a lab?

https://news.yahoo.com/leaked-grant-...135452549.html

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Are we allowed to say this came from a lab yet? Or is that still racist? Or was that only when certain political figures were in office that we weren’t allowed to say it came from a lab?

^Well a qualified expert could make that claim and show the body of evidence they used to come to that conclusion. Then have it reviewed.

But you, using a 2 min article from the National Review, that even itself doesn't jump to that claim (works the edges of inference) - NO, you cannot make that claim. Simply lack the credibility.

There - made is simple for simpletons.

Austin and his ilk sowing: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!

Austin and his ilk reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"While the grant was never approved..." it nevertheless forms the backbone of certainty for the commitedly delusional.

It certainly keeps the speculation alive.

Good article in Atlantic a few weeks back about this:

Even as a natural origin remains the most plausible explanation, these discoveries, taken as a whole, demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that good-faith investigations of these matters have proceeded in the face of a toxic shroud of secrecy. Vaughn Cooper, who studies pathogen evolution at the University of Pittsburgh, told us that he hasn’t changed his view that SARS-CoV-2 is extremely unlikely to have been created in a lab—but the lack of candor is “really concerning.” The DARPA proposal doesn’t “mean that much for our understanding of the origins of the pandemic,” he said, “but it does diminish the trustworthiness of the research groups involved.”

“I find it disappointing and disturbing that something like this is coming out in the form of a leak,” Bloom said. “If there’s information that is relevant or informative to this discussion—anything that people could conceivably think is relevant—it needs to be made available.”
    The Lab-Leak Debate Just Got Even Messier

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...essier/620209/

It's not a debate. It's not relevant. It is what it is. Eat a Peach.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Absolute must read (too long to c&p)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ge-of-monsters
    For the TLR crowd. This "Monster" isn't going away. Go on with your lives, you inbred fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post

you can say whatever you want, and we can treat you as the inbred cretin raised on lead paint and gasoline fumes you act like.

lord you lableak glue sniffers remind a hardened dumbass cynic like me how much cynicism blinds you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    you can say whatever you want, and we can treat you as the inbred cretin raised on lead paint and gasoline fumes you act like.

lord you lableak glue sniffers remind a hardened dumbass cynic like me how much cynicism blinds you.
    From the Atlantic article posted above:

"Released earlier this week by a group of guerrilla lab-leak snoops called DRASTIC, the proposal includes a plan to study potentially dangerous pathogens by generating full-length, infectious bat coronaviruses in a lab and inserting genetic features that could make coronaviruses better able to infect human cells."

"Chan points to other recent reports that the team at the Wuhan Institute of Virology had already been sampling very close relatives to SARS-CoV-2, and that it was testing, in humanized mice, genetically engineered SARS-like coronaviruses that were more infectious than natural strains."

"The pattern here is unmistakable: At every turn, what could be important information has been withheld. Two weeks ago, The Intercept published 528 pages of documents, obtained only after a litigated FOIA request to the National Institutes of Health and a 12-month delay, that describe experiments on hybrid coronaviruses that some experts consider risky, carried out in Wuhan with the support of EcoHealth and the U.S. government. (These experiments could not have led directly to the pandemic. A spokesperson for the NIH told The Intercept that the agency had reviewed data from the experiments and determined that they were not dangerous.)"

You're right. There's nothing to see at the WIV lab. It's not like they have documented experiments trying to make a coronaviruses infect human cells more efficiently or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Pandemic proofing your life is not what you think

In the midst of a global pandemic, we've all changed. I joke that you've either become a chunk, monk, hunk or drunk.
    I'm a hunkey chunkey monkey
    all my friends are drunkies

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    actualy its not that complicated

A diet is what you eat not something you go on before that cruise

so improve your diet eat less food, eat less foods with processed sugar and move more
    No. You are wrong. It is complicated. “Eat less food” is a horrible over simplification which leads to failure. “Move more” is a good idea - but on its own does next to nothing for weight control/loss (but does have many other benefits)

And that’s saying nothing about food security, food prices, the socioeconomic determinants of health, corn and dairy lobbies etc etc etc. it says nothing about the components of a persons diet (I can get obese and unhealthy sticking to your three recommendations).

Trying to paint the problem as a simple one with simple answers suggests that the epidemic of obesity and heart disease and diabetes can be solved if people just “pull up their bootstraps and do these simple things better”. They will fail and they will be frustrated because you told them it was simple. So they will give up and treat it as a personal failure.

We get out of this problem by educating people (in an intelligent manner that addresses things like food access). That will be hard and will take a generation at least.

Or we can do what we’ve done since the 50s and 60s. Tell people “calories in calorie out!” and “eat less fat!” and just continue to watch rates of metabolic disease climb. Hey - it’s only been 60 years - maybe someday soon these recommendations will work!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Good article in Atlantic a few weeks back about this:

The Lab-Leak Debate Just Got Even Messier

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...essier/620209/
    Lots of innuendo, nothing else. The journalism on covid has increasingly become one reporter or op ed writer commenting on what other reporters are saying about what someone with a masters degree in science is saying about the latest "revelation" which turns out to be not as advertised. Everyone who is or claims to be a scientist is seeking their 15 minutes of fame and reporters lap it up. I would have expected better from the Atlantic--I guess the editors have decided the pandemic is a good opportunity to become more than a niche publication for eggheads.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Lots of innuendo, nothing else. The journalism on covid has increasingly become one reporter or op ed writer commenting on what other reporters are saying about what someone with a masters degree in science is saying about the latest "revelation" which turns out to be not as advertised. Everyone who is or claims to be a scientist is seeking their 15 minutes of fame and reporters lap it up. I would have expected better from the Atlantic--I guess the editors have decided the pandemic is a good opportunity to become more than a niche publication for eggheads.
    Yep.

We can do "The Innuendo", we can dance and sing
    When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
    We all know that crap is king
    Give us dirty laundry!

TWiV's Q&A with A&V is on tonight. If anyone has lab leak questions, they got answers. Answers probably something like lobbing unsupported speculation is not evidence and is unprofessional. Also no evidence for lab leak and much evidence for natural origin. "You need evidence, folks"

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No. You are wrong. It is complicated. “Eat less food” is a horrible over simplification which leads to failure. “Move more” is a good idea - but on its own does next to nothing for weight control/loss (but does have many other benefits)

And that’s saying nothing about food security, food prices, the socioeconomic determinants of health, corn and dairy lobbies etc etc etc. it says nothing about the components of a persons diet (I can get obese and unhealthy sticking to your three recommendations).

Trying to paint the problem as a simple one with simple answers suggests that the epidemic of obesity and heart disease and diabetes can be solved if people just “pull up their bootstraps and do these simple things better”. They will fail and they will be frustrated because you told them it was simple. So they will give up and treat it as a personal failure.

We get out of this problem by educating people (in an intelligent manner that addresses things like food access). That will be hard and will take a generation at least.

Or we can do what we’ve done since the 50s and 60s. Tell people “calories in calorie out!” and “eat less fat!” and just continue to watch rates of metabolic disease climb. Hey - it’s only been 60 years - maybe someday soon these recommendations will work!
    Are you sure people specifically North americans aren't eating too much of the wrong food ?

Are you sure people don't get obese by cheating ?

its all Will's fault

Will Power
    well the will power might be the hard part
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Are you sure people specifically North americans aren't eating too much of the wrong food ?

its all Will's fault

Will Power
    of go fuck yourself. The rate of obesity is climbing in India, China, and Australia too.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Yep.

We can do "The Innuendo", we can dance and sing
    When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
    We all know that crap is king
    Give us dirty laundry!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    if they aren’t talking about it they are complicit in the media coverup and a failure. If They are talking about it they are complicit in the media failure and doing a coverup. It’s a damning position to be in.

has the garbage smh PRC test story been posted by the glue sniffers?

its all Will's fault

Will Power
    You are saying some things that are technically correct.

But you are also implying that this is all that “has to be said.” That is where you are wrong.

And then you double down by talking about will power.

I’m not sure how old you are - but you are parroting things that have been said since the 50s. and look around….it’s done nothing and things keep getting worse.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing (saying) the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I dont blame you though - these faulty lessons and erroneous recommendations have been ingrained into us as mantras - to the point we treat them as “common sense”. It’s just too bad this common sense is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    of go fuck yourself. The rate of obesity is climbing in India, China, and Australia too.
    they are trying to copy the great American lifestyle
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

they are trying to copy the great American lifestyle
    Your generation is hopelessly lost when it comes to understanding food and diet. Best we focus on younger people I guess.

Back to covid.

"If I can blame fat people, I can say I'm not a part of the problem. If I can blame what can't be fixed there is nothing I can or need to do. And it helps me sleep at night."
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    "<snip> it helps me sleep at night."
    Well... that and some sweet, sweet Indica.