Page 1456 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 ... LastLast
Results 36,376 to 36,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Here are your anti-maskers. They type who will make fun of a 16 year old for talking about his Grandma who died of Covid.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...254101448.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Middle aged uneducated white women are the scariest of the domestic terror organizations. They are bringing us down from within.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Middle aged uneducated white women are the scariest of the domestic terror organizations. They are bringing us down from within.

Yeah, the two overweight and unmasked women behind the speaker’s podium are the hardest demographic to reach. Privileged, ignorant and empowered.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Yeah, the two overweight and unmasked women behind the speaker’s podium are the hardest demographic to reach. Privileged, ignorant and empowered.

A group of moms convinced they are doing something to protect their children because they’re too stupid to know any better……..

Very scary, and you know their husbands have to go along with it too.

PTA meetings are the new Afghanistan, harboring these monsters.

David Brooks made a couple of good points on PBS news tonight:

1. Covid has caused us to lose faith in each other.

2. Every 2 days more people die of Covid in this county than died in the 9/11 attacks and people don't acknowledge it or mourn the loss as they do for those who died on 9/11.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That's why I laugh a little every time I hear "Lest we forget".
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Not yet peer reviewed and I’m becoming increasingly skeptical of these articles particularly when the text doesn’t fully match the eye grabbing headline. Thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-study<br />
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

My thoughts? Click bait. I'm thinking "So what?" My 3 grandsons will get the poke and my grand daughter too. Your link didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

2. Every 2 days more people die of Covid in this county than died in the 9/11 attacks and people don't acknowledge it or mourn the loss as they do for those who died on 9/11.
    Thats because people get to blame those who die of covid for their own deaths...

They weren't vaccinated. They were fat. They had high blood pressure. They were old.

9/11 was evil brown terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Not yet peer reviewed and I’m becoming increasingly skeptical of these articles particularly when the text doesn’t fully match the eye grabbing headline. Thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-study<br />
    Actual pre-print here:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.21262866v1

Notably, they compared myocarditis risk with hospitalization risk rather than apples to apples. Previous studies out there show much higher risk of myocarditis among the infected than the vaccinated in the same demographic. Which easily suggests that maybe the cases reported included a lot of less serious ones.

IDK whether VAERS allows/requires reporting of prior infection status. That would be extremely useful, particularly since the risk appears to be much higher after the second shot (according to the preprint). So if it is also higher among previously infected that could justify a 1-shot approach for those people. If not it's just an excuse for another bit of research (and maybe they'll get funding this time).

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    1 in 500 US citizens have died from Covid19.

I wish they were all forced to view what our health care professionals are going through every day.
    Don’t worry about the health care folks - so long as they’re wasting time posting in this thread they must be fine.

Brooks. I have a hard time listening to that guy. He's not wrong, he's just annoying.

And I think he's only half right on the first point. Covid is more like the match thrown into the gasoline. The combustibles were already in place. Point two is spot on and people need to keep hammering that point.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    He's not wrong, he's just
    Name:  0904e6d80b0aeefb13672a67804eff5e.David-Brooks-wife-Anne-Snyder.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  36.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Name:  0904e6d80b0aeefb13672a67804eff5e.David-Brooks-wife-Anne-Snyder.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  36.0 KB
    Please tell me that's his daughter. And it's funny, but his missing tooth has always bothered me. He should be applauded for not being like everyone else with a fake smile and having the confidence to be himself, missing tooth and all.

Was talking with my buddy who is a principal in an affluent district in Bucks County, PA.....he’s got 25 years in and is already planning retirement at 30 years. He’ll be penalized for early retirement but doesn’t care.....he just can’t take it anymore...the stuff he goes through on a daily basis with parents/families and Covid protocols has got him in a dark place....I’ve never heard him so down. His district’s school board decided to not follow the PA mask mandate in schools....so he has a constant battle at his school with masked/unmasked students/families, etc. He has no power to enforce anything.....and parents are ripping from both sides of the fence. The no maskers basically taunt the maskers in/around the school/parking lots, etc.....creating these nasty back and forth confrontations. Being the principal, he is constantly right in the middle of this battle/constant debate on a daily basis with the families at his school...and it’s an elementary school. This whole situation has really changed my friend. I fee very sorry for him and his career.

The other side of the coin....in places like the district I’m in, we are enforcing the PA mask mandate. We also of course have lots of parents protesting the wearing of masks....but our administration is holding firm and telling those families if they don’t want their child to wear a mask than their option is our online/virtual “home school” run by our district, or withdraw and go somewhere else. The vast majority of our kids are in school with masks just like all of last year.....no issues. Our administration is at their wits end too....but at least they have drawn a line and have something to enforce?.....as much as they hate having to be “enforce” something on families of our small community..

Two different takes from two different school districts in PA.

Capitalism at its finest. Temp agency specializing in healthcare workers also runs an anti-masking group…

Step 1) hold anti-masking rally at school board meeting, leading to virus outbreak in community.
    Step 2) fly in temp healthcare workers to combat virus outbreak.
    Step 3) PROFIT !

https://www.kansascity.com/article254137808.html

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Thats because people get to blame those who die of covid for their own deaths...

They weren't vaccinated. They were fat. They had high blood pressure. They were old.

9/11 was evil brown terrorists.
    It's harder and harder by the day to feel much for the unvaccinated adults. But I feel terrible for the health care workers, families of those who die, the children who are either brainwashed by parents or cannot get permission to be vaccinated by crazy parents, and those who medically cannot be vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    It's harder and harder by the day to feel much for the unvaccinated adults. But I feel terrible for the health care workers, families of those who die, the children who are either brainwashed by parents or cannot get permission to be vaccinated by crazy parents, and those who medically cannot be vaccinated.
    For real. No pity party here but I'm pretty tired of putting bodies in bags, arguing with unvaxed family about visitors policies, CONSTANTLY having to run into rooms and rescue patients with plummeting oxygen levels before they go into cardiac arrest, seeing our fully vaxed chemo and transplant patients die because they can't make antibodies, having spouses down the hall from one another, seeing one or both of them die leaving children behind, hearing fox news blaring in the room if the patient's able to watch. FFS this is all so avoidable.

Regardless of health status, a person's chances of being hurt, let alone dying from the vax is orders of magnitude less than actually dying of covid. Wearing a mask? Holy fuck what could be easier. It's literally never hurt anyone in the history of the world.

What can I even say or do at this point. All I have left is to shrug my shoulders. People want to die and leave their friends and family behind, go ahead I guess?
    Last edited by beaterdit; 09-11-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I had noticed that local news here stopped reporting all the COVID numbers on a daily basis
    Get the occasional feel good story or horror stories from the corporate office
    People don’t discuss it in public
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I had noticed that local news here stopped reporting all the COVID numbers on a daily basis
    Get the occasional feel good story or horror stories from the corporate office
    People don’t discuss it in public
    Our local news had to start reporting infections/hospitalizations/death because the number have skyrocketed to their highest point since this whole thing began.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I’m hearing more and more Dr’s. Citing studies that say exposure and recovery from COVID is as good as or better than getting vaccinated

I would like to see much more testing for antibodies to

An antibodies test before deciding to get vaccinated would not be unreasonable

All that said. The vaccine has been available for most free of charge for 6 months. I don’t see many changing their minds at this point
    This latest overreach by presidential decree? Is going to get messy. It’s going to have the opposite effect. There are a good number of Americans out there who simply don’t like being told what to do
    We also destroy entire countries to depose Dictators
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Dr. Oz? Dr. Spock? Dr. Pepper?

I had noticed most places have scraped the 6 feet apart stickers off the floor. I have not seen any fresh new ones. But people standing in lines give each other the space. I have not seen anyone pushing that unwritten rule. Mask or no mask
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    For real. No pity party here but I'm pretty tired of putting bodies in bags, arguing with unvaxed family about visitors policies, CONSTANTLY having to run into rooms and rescue patients with plummeting oxygen levels before they go into cardiac arrest, seeing our fully vaxed chemo and transplant patients die because they can't make antibodies, having spouses down the hall from one another, seeing one or both of them die leaving children behind, hearing fox news blaring in the room if the patient's able to watch. FFS this is all so avoidable.

Regardless of health status, a person's chances of being hurt, let alone dying from the vax is orders of magnitude less than actually dying of covid. Wearing a mask? Holy fuck what could be easier. It's literally never hurt anyone in the history of the world.

What can I even say or do at this point. All I have left is to shrug my shoulders. People want to die and leave their friends and family behind, go ahead I guess?
    Hang in there brother. I’m right with you. More Covid c-sections today. Good times.

I’m hearing more and more Dr’s. Citing studies that say exposure and recovery from COVID is as good as or better than getting vaccinated

I would like to see much more testing for antibodies to

An antibodies test before deciding to get vaccinated would not be unreasonable

All that said. The vaccine has been available for most free of charge for 6 months. I don’t see many changing their minds at this point
    This latest overreach by presidential decree? Is going to get messy. It’s going to have the opposite effect. There are a good number of Americans out there who simply don’t like being told what to do
    We also destroy entire countries to depose Dictators
    Go to bed. Even if the immunity from infection is as good, the chance of death or long Covid makes from infection makes the vaccine a no brainer. There’s really no downside.

There are a good number of Americans out there who simply don’t like being told what to do
    Yes, our country is full of adult babies. Too bad we can’t all come together and fight this invisible enemy.