Page 1449 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 ... LastLast
Results 36,201 to 36,225 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Tests don't seem to do much at this point. Vaxxed people can test positive, sick people can test negative....on and on. Not trying to "own" anyone.
    I have definitely heard about false positives because the tests are insanely sensitive. false negatives? Not really. Last time this was an issue was with the bullshit antibody tests where they determined most of LA already had covid, a year ago. Guess what: they were wrong.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Earned it? How? By being public servant #1 for eight years? Jezuz.
    I worked since I delivered papers at 14. All my fucking life. Saving and investing. What did he do? Stand between the pitchforks and the bankers? (You know, he actually said something like that in the bank crisis. To the bankers. Play with me, I got your back.) And then drone faraway brown people to pink mist? All the while telling us schmucks, I can't do shit, the Republicans have me by the balls.

Half the Kennedys would probably get nailed in that Martha's drone hit. At least the ones who still try to power broker. They'll identify them by the teeth. Those Kennedy teeth.
    You worked all your life. Guess what--so does everybody except a handful of trustbunnies, of which Obama was not one.
    You working, saving and investing isn't keeping anyone from getting tossed out on the street. How can you even think about taking ski trips out west when people are losing their homes.
    I'm not going to argue Obama's presidency with you--I probably agree with you more than you think--but yes, he earned it.

Well, yeah, he earned it. There will probably be a bunch of Financial players standing out on the lawn, holding a cold drink, saying, nice house. Where'd that lobster go?

PA or PR?

Well, yeah, he earned it. There will probably be a bunch of Financial players standing out on the lawn, holding a cold drink, saying, nice house. Where'd that lobster go?
    You're just jealous you weren't invited.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You're just jealous you weren't invited.
    Haa!

And can you imagine how cranky Benny would be if we forced him to be president for 8 years?!?!?
    Wait ..... ok maybe not noticeably crankier given the baseline.
    Let's go with prematurely aged .... damn, already there again.
    Shit, has Benny actually been President for the last 30 years????

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The slides say at current incidence there's an 8-fold reduction in vaxxed vs unvaxxed. Also MA estimates put the crowd at >90% (Ptown 95%, crowd 97%) vaccinated. So when CDC says 74% of cases were vaxxed that's consistent with >80% efficacy against infection with a quick back of the envelope conditional probability of infection for each group.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Indeed. I don't fully trust the CDC to get the right data or draw the right conclusions. Or maybe they do, but the PR people mutilate before it becomes public. So I like to see the data and run some rough checks. Anyway, I crunched some San Diego County (CA) data and came up with 93% efficacy vs infection for 30-49yo, and 97% against hospitalization. Put differently, I see a 13-fold reduction in infection, so I support CDC's 8-fold finding in an environment where people partied hard for 2 weeks straight, giving Covid every chance.

Certainly there could be problems with the data or my interpretation, but the vaccines should work quite well to limit spread, morbidity, and mortality and data supports this.
    Thanks for the responses. The main reason that I question the current data is because the CDC has previously stated that they are not tracking asymptomatic and mild infections of fully vaccinated people. I understand that there are indirect ways to measure that information and that states and local government may track it. But that is my reason to question the CDCs current conclusion about disease incidence.

I noticed that providencetown's positivity rate is still pretty high (11.10 percent). I have a coworker that lives in the area who is offline for an intended vacation. Hopefully they are enjoying themselves and not laying low in quarantine/isolation.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-03-2021 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Not that I particularly believe this study (yet), as it has only been presented at a meeting rather than published, but it might possibly explain the behaviour of several people posting in these threads:

Thinking Impaired in 60% of COVID-19 Survivors

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Not that I particularly believe this study (yet), as it has only been presented at a meeting rather than published, but it might possibly explain the behaviour of several people posting in these threads:

Thinking Impaired in 60% of COVID-19 Survivors

I’m not sure if it was this thread or the other one but I made this observation about Core Shot a some time ago

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

400+ new covid cases in Tri-Cities. 64 people in hospital.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Former President Barack Obama has canceled his big 60th birthday party after people questioned the wisdom of holding an event for hundreds of people during a resurgent pandemic. Plans for the Saturday bash at his multimillion-dollar home on Martha’s Vineyard had been going on for months—but Benny Profanes posting in TGRs Padded Room forced a rethink. “Due to the new spread of the Delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends,” Hannah Hankins, an Obama spokeswoman, said early Wednesday. “He’s appreciative of others sending their birthday wishes from afar and looks forward to seeing people soon.” Hundreds of ex-Obama administration officials, Democratic donors, and celebs including George Clooney, Steven Spielberg, and Oprah Winfrey were expected to attend. The White House defended the original plan earlier this week.
    Nice work Benny.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Now I have to re direct that drone to Bedminster.

Or maybe Chappaqua.

Or maybe Chappaqua.
    The party’s just moving to Epstein’s island

aaaand we circle right back to origins.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/china...hnk/index.html

Seems fair to me.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Or maybe Chappaqua.
    How about Chappaquiddick. How do you feel about the Kennedys. On second thought, don't answer that.

ATLANTA—Warning that the new inaccuracies were considerably more contagious than previous varieties, a Centers for Disease Control study released Wednesday found that falsehoods about the Delta variant may spread twice as easily as the original Covid-19 misinformation. “Our data indicate that the transmissibility of the initial Covid fallacies and conspiracy theories pales in comparison to dubious statements concerning the Delta variant,” said CDC director Rochelle Walensky, explaining that even those who had been vaccinated were still capable of spreading misleading and erroneous comments. “We were already struggling under the early waves of unreliable statistics, and the Delta strain of misinformation is making our job even harder. Once these unverified memes and bogus claims break through and infect the minds of large portions of the population through Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter, they’re nearly impossible to control.” The report concluded that the efficacy of booster data to combat the spread of Delta variant lies was still unconfirmed.

ATLANTA—Warning that the new inaccuracies were considerably more contagious than previous varieties, a Centers for Disease Control study released Wednesday found that falsehoods about the Delta variant may spread twice as easily as the original Covid-19 misinformation. “Our data indicate that the transmissibility of the initial Covid fallacies and conspiracy theories pales in comparison to dubious statements concerning the Delta variant,” said CDC director Rochelle Walensky, explaining that even those who had been vaccinated were still capable of spreading misleading and erroneous comments. “We were already struggling under the early waves of unreliable statistics, and the Delta strain of misinformation is making our job even harder. Once these unverified memes and bogus claims break through and infect the minds of large portions of the population through Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter, they’re nearly impossible to control.” The report concluded that the efficacy of booster data to combat the spread of Delta variant lies was still unconfirmed.
    I’m sure Russian bots are helping stoke the misinformation.

Oh, and I just read that Sturgis is happening again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Oh, and I just read that Sturgis is happening again this year.
    I mean... it happened last year, so I'm not surprised in the *slightest* that it's business as usual. I guess we'll see if the delta variant causes even *more* of a shitshow than last year.

Oh, Jeez, I totally forgot that it’s that time again. About a 1/4 of them pass through here every year.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean... it happened last year, so I'm not surprised in the *slightest* that it's business as usual. I guess we'll see if the delta variant causes even *more* of a shitshow than last year.
    Just get some of those bootleg vaccines, should handle the delta just fine.

Osterholm on CBS news this morning--"eventually this virus will find you". He feels the virus will continue to circulate until everyone is exposed.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism