Page 1435 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 ... LastLast
Results 35,851 to 35,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’ve read about COVID causing brain damage, I guess it’s true
    It's not often a post ages this well so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    … pointless to inform the willfully ignorant i guess.
    You guess correctly.

Someone please tell me how not having chronic cardiovascular problems is better than having Covid-caused long-term cardiovascular probems!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Interesting read. But not much data.
    =========
    How long does immunity last from being infected? From vaccination?

Immunity from natural infection starts to decline after 6 to 8 months. We know that fully vaccinated people still have good immunity after a year—and probably longer.
    =========
    How can they claim the vax lasts a year or longer?
    The vax started last fall.

I know antibodies lapse. Good friend got Rona over a year ago. Was AB positive last summer. Was AB negative last winter.

FYI - Natural immunity probably lasts a lifetime. See https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...56#post6350556

The whole "we need you vaxed even if you recovered" debate is BS if you ask me. Either/or will suffice. Probably doesn't hurt to have both. That's a personal choice.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    I think this heart inflammation news is going to amplify. In the week after we got our pfizer shots, the wife and I had one day (day 4 or 5?) where we took the afternoon off to nap because we both had bad heart palpations. We are older than the age group of concern. We just don't think it was the chinese noodle we all ate for lunch. We've eaten that many times without a 7.5 hour long period of severe heart palpitations. They went away the next day. It was strange. Perhaps the dark soya sauce we had with our noodle. I think that has tons of MSG in it.
    We are booking our second shots for a few weeks from now but wanted to do an experiment. As a follow up to this prior unpleasant episode, we did an experiment today. We cooked the exact same meal. Same dark soya sauce. Same noodles. Same everything.

Result: No heart palpitations. Not even a single one. I even went back for more and washed it down with a large Americano. No heart palpitations. Wife also had none. 12 hours later - was a perfect day.

The only difference is the time we both got it with this meal was on day 4 or 5 after our 1st Pfizer. Coincidence? Maybe. maybe not. Queue the flamers here.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

FYI - Natural immunity probably lasts a lifetime. See https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...56#post6350556

The whole "we need you vaxed even if you recovered" debate is BS if you ask me. Either/or will suffice. Probably doesn't hurt to have both. That's a personal choice.
    No one is arguing about how long anything lasts (ok maybe the hockey player wants to, it's hard to tell, he can't seem to follow his arguments). The measurable differences are re-infection vs. breakthrough cases and severity of disease among those groups. You said you wanted to see the difference, and it's been discussed in this thread and probably the other one, including links to studies and expert descriptions of how the immune system works and the functions of B and T cells and antibodies. More reading and less typing--it'll go faster if you ignore the arguments, which really aren't informative anyway.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The article says “potentially” but you translate that as “probably.” Are you a non native English speaker? The two words are NOT the same.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The article says “potentially” but you translate that as “probably.” Are you a non native English speaker? The two words are NOT the same.

>> Are you a non native English speaker?
    Potentially.

>> Are you a non native English speaker?
    Potentially.
    So you admit that the argument made was erroneous?

Can someone please explain to me why a vaccine that almost guarantees you wont die or end up in the hospital with infinitesimally small amounts of serious side effects is better than the natural immunity gained from potentially dying, having long term effects from the virus, killing someone from infecting them, and continuing to provide a fertile breeding ground to continue propagating this virus? I am an absolute moron, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why a vaccine that almost guarantees you wont die or end up in the hospital with infinitesimally small amounts of serious side effects is better than the natural immunity gained from potentially dying, having long term effects from the virus, killing someone from infecting them, and continuing to provide a fertile breeding ground to continue propagating this virus? I am an absolute moron, thanks.
    Cause if you admit that then you admit that the whole thing was not a hoax to derail Trump and then you’d have to admit that all that pro Trump shit was all total BS. They must maintain the lies in order to protect their bullshit psyches, ie they cannot admit they have been not only wrong but dastardly in spreading and believing in said bullshit.

Depends. Whose side are you on?

So you admit that the argument made was erroneous?

Potentially.

I am also an absolute moron, but I think it has something to do with some emails of Hillary.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

The article says “potentially provide lifelong protection” but you translate that as “pedantically.”

Those of you who continue to rebut the morons/trolls in this thread are displaying a level of endurance that is worthy of the solo RAAM participants. My hat is off to you.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

https://youtu.be/pa_gk3X5UEE

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Those of you who continue to rebut the morons/trolls in this thread are displaying a level of endurance that is worthy of the solo RAAM participants. My hat is off to you.
    well you know that you won't change the antivaxxers minds but it does give a wonderfeul excuse to hurl insults at them and if they get covid ... laugh at them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

LOLz, purestupidity is citing (and citing himself citing) a review article about "influenza A" and translating that as "SARS CoV2"

He certainly is a non native biologist/epidemiologist. The two viruses are NOT the same, mmmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    LOLz, purestupidity is citing (and citing himself citing) a review article about "influenza A" and translating that as "SARS CoV2"

He certainly is a non native biologist/epidemiologist. The two viruses are NOT the same, mmmkay?
    OK Tri-Again. Where is this huge body of data from lifetime exposures to SARS that support your consipracy-doubt? I think it is fair to say that you don't know what you don't know ... but that the human immune durability could POTENTIALLY be similar. The reason I'm not a biologist or epidemiologist is because they don't pay very well -- not because I'm squeamish about massaging data. Try again

Name:  J03Oc6U.png
Views: 400
Size:  28.6 KB
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...fluenza-A.aspx

Name:  J03Oc6U.png
Views: 400
Size:  28.6 KB
    More reading dude. "Are distinct from..." is not a new way to say "the same."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    More reading dude. "Are distinct from..." is not a new way to say "the same."
    Distinct responses doesn't mean different results. You can put out a fire many ways. What matters is that you ...
    put out the fire. I think you've been burned. LOL

This is too too hilarious, you got it jono. purestupidity is now equating "distinct from" as "the same". I don't think he actually read the medRxIV article, as he would doubtless not understand it, seeing as he can't even comprehend the press release.

And I gotta wonder what is it that purestupidity does that pays so well? Gondola cable inspector?

"Gondola cable Technoking"

Gotta jet! Love you all as usual. I just can't stand my wife's recital practices !
    dada tata dodododee doo wabba wabba awedfgtygnu ddddaaaaa!
    Gonna see if McDonald's still have Caramel Sundaes!