Page 1431 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... LastLast
Results 35,751 to 35,775 of 41810
    got a pretty high vax rate up here but everywhere you go they are still expecting you to wear a mask, still some people don't mask but i think they are looked down upon, maybe 1 person in a safeway will not wear a mask and they don't bug em

but other places wear the mask or gtfo
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Two weeks ago over half folks at the grocery store wearing masks. Other day outside employees maybe 5% wearing masks. I still wear one in grocery store at least partially in support of the employees

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I still wear one in grocery store at least partially in support of the employees
    I do to make people wonder if I’m vaxxed, cuz I doubt many of them are wearing a mask like they’re being told to.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Yeah I do it for that reason too

We’ve found that we quite like contactless pizza delivery. I’d just as soon not talk to my pIzza delivery guy.

Hope we keep that one.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    got a pretty high vax rate up here but everywhere you go they are still expecting you to wear a mask, still some people don't mask but i think they are looked down upon, maybe 1 person in a safeway will not wear a mask and they don't bug em

but other places wear the mask or gtfo
    Maybe if you Canadians weren't such cowards the Germans wouldn't have conquered you in WWII and we wouldn't have had to throw them out for you. At least that's what they taught us in school.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe if you Canadians weren't such cowards the Germans wouldn't have conquered you in WWII and we wouldn't have had to throw them out for you. At least that's what they taught us in school.
    Lol. The crazy thing is the German soldiers did actually “invade” North American soil during WW2. They put up weather stations in Labrador.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Station_Kurt

An interesting article on media coverage of COVID, on medscape.com.

'Dreck' to Drama: How the Media Handled, and Got Handled, by COVID

"The public has a really difficult time understanding what uncertainty means within science," said Todd P. Newman, PhD, assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin–Madison who studies strategic communication within the context of science, technology, and the environment.

"I think the media generally has been good on the subject," said Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center, attending physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and a prominent expert voice throughout the pandemic. "I think where they've been imperfect is they tend to be a little more dramatic in terms of how we're doing."
    We’ve certainly seen that bolded part here on TRG.

they taught us y'all planned to stay out of the war until you couldn't

It must be time to burn the white house

again

yer own militia almost did it last jan eh

Canada wasn’t a country when the White House was burned.

well it was still a British colony until 1982

which might be even worse

Rule, Britannia ! rule the waves

MJ's Thriller was released in 1982.

Confederation was in 1867.

well yes but not really, consider when was the last time anybody in the USA had to ask the queen anything ?
    if you goggle around "Meech lake accord " it was an amendment TO confederation which still required the consent of the Queen to be amended

" The Meech Lake Accord addressed Quebec's concerns about changes made to the Canadian constitution in 1982. Before 1982, the constitution was embodied in the British North America Acts of 1867-1975 (renamed the Constitution Acts in 1982) and could only be amended by the British Parliament. "

Britain didnt really want to have anything to do with running Canada and they hoped the situ could be recitfyed but all 10 provinces had to agree for the amendment to go ahead, so the west are complaining about SFT and Quebec didnt wana play nice with Canada under any circumstances

Trudeau being the brilliant statesman managed to do an end-run around Rene Levesque, Trudeau's (senior) book " Memoirs " has a pretty good read about it cuz obviously Pierre was in the room

so when i make those jokes about Canadians still worshipping the queen it was not so long ago that it wasn't completely a joke
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-24-2021 at 12:25 PM.

“Canada burned down the Whitehouse! Checkmate!”

Um that was 50+ years before Canada was even a country.

“Yeah but it was British colony!”

Um so what? Still wasn’t a country. Still wasn’t “Canadians”.

You know its probably even worse you let the brits ( who would become canadians ) burn the white house

in any case we were all part of the commonwealth eh wot ?

you could go for high tea at the empress hotel in victoria BC cuz it was was a hotbed of brits

not that long ago

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Lol. The crazy thing is the German soldiers did actually “invade” North American soil during WW2. They put up weather stations in Labrador.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Station_Kurt
    An old friend of ours--an Englishman from Scotland--was a weatherman stationed in Canada in WWII--I don't recall where, I assume in the east. He claimed that forecasting was better then because there was more surface data from ships at sea; today we rely too much on satellites and radar. Probably falls in the category of walking barefoot in the snow to school uphill both ways. but I'm not a weather geek so maybe some truth?

A real haircut at the barber shop today.

I fucking hated the sloppy job I was doing with the clippers.

Small steps to normalcy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

At this point, flowing alpy and I are brothers from other mothers on the hairdos.

so when i make those jokes about Canadians still worshipping the queen it was not so long ago that it wasn't completely a joke
    You got something bad to say about our queen, boy?

An old friend of ours--an Englishman from Scotland--was a weatherman stationed in Canada in WWII--I don't recall where, I assume in the east. He claimed that forecasting was better then because there was more surface data from ships at sea; today we rely too much on satellites and radar. Probably falls in the category of walking barefoot in the snow to school uphill both ways. but I'm not a weather geek so maybe some truth?
    There's probably a billion more ships at sea now though?

I thought the key to weather forecasting is historical data. The more you get the better you are.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    There's probably a billion more ships at sea now though?

I thought the key to weather forecasting is historical data. The more you get the better you are.
    1)Yes.

2)And no....kind of. You need a lot of ground stations and balloon/aircraft. data every 6h. Historical data goes into into Mos mixes which Provide better results for actual ground predictions on location than pure dmo output, but not into the forecast models.

The global forecast models need the data for their grid input. The finer the grid, the better.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Lotta ships at sea in WWII. More importantly--how many ships are submitting temps and barometric readings to forecasters? My friend claimed they don't. I have no idea. I believe in WWII there were stationary weather stations in the ocean so trend at a given spot could be located. Anyway, this is way above my knowledge and competence level. And if someone wants to tell me my friend was full of shit--I'd believe that about him in a heartbeat.

As far as historical data--how valid is that these days?

Some of today's data comes from airplanes (as in the airlines)

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You got something bad to say about our queen, boy?

actulaly Queen said it best in the song " we are the Champions "

actulaly Queen said it best in the song " we are the Champions "
    God save the queen
    And her fascist regime
    They made you a moron
    . . .