Page 1392 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 ... LastLast
Results 34,776 to 34,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Curious to hear what the medical/science brain trust here thinks of this (not covid related):

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ens-have-been/
    I don't know a lot about Canadian cultural practices. Do New Brunswickers practice cannibalism? (I'm making light of what is obviously a serious problem--wish the scientists good luck in finding the cause soon.)

those fucking maritimers eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This is the covid thread yeah? That mystery disease predates this pandemic.

There is still lots of agent orange buried in that province. I know a guy who buried some of it.

India seems to be in the news today. BBC hitting it pretty hard

New variant? I can't tell
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    India seems to be in the news today. BBC hitting it pretty hard

New variant? I can't tell
    Been reading India stories for a week now, holy crap are they in the rona soup.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

India is the worlds biggest cauldron for mutations, with B.1.617 just the first on the radar.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56844925

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    India is the worlds biggest cauldron for mutations, with B.1.617 just the first on the radar.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56844925
    Perhaps now we can imagine how it really was in China when the pandemic first started.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

From an NYT email this morning about India’s struggles.
    The price of hubris
    To make some sense of what’s happening, it helps to go back to last year, when Indian doctors and officials were preparing for waves of serious Covid illnesses. But those waves never quite arrived. Instead, millions of people contracted only mild cases.

The most plausible explanations — the amount of time people spend outdoors in India, the low levels of obesity, the population’s relative youth and the possibility that previous viruses had created some natural immunity — all seemed to suggest that India was not simply on a delayed Covid timetable. The country, like many of its neighbors, seemed to be escaping the worst of the pandemic.

Scientific research suggesting that about half of adults in major cities had already been infected was consistent with this notion. “It led to the assumption that India had been cheaply, naturally vaccinated,” Dr. Prabhat Jha, an epidemiologist at the University of Toronto, told me.

Government officials acted particularly confident. As Ramanan Laxminarayan, a Princeton University epidemiologist based in New Delhi, told Nature, “There was a public narrative that India had conquered Covid-19.” Some scientists who thought that a new Covid wave remained possible were afraid to contradict the message coming from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government. Modi has a record of stifling dissent, and Freedom House, the democracy watchdog group, recently said India had become only a “partly free” country that was moving “toward authoritarianism.”

Confident they had beaten Covid, government officials relaxed restrictions on virtually all activities, including weddings, political rallies and religious gatherings. The northern town of Haridwar held one of the world’s biggest gatherings this month, with millions of people celebrating the Hindu festival Kumbh Mela.

By mid-March, though, the virus was beginning to reassert itself. A major factor appears to be that many people who previously had mild or asymptomatic cases of Covid remained vulnerable to it. (A recent academic study, done in China, suggests that mild cases confer only limited immunity.) The emergence of contagious new variants is playing a role, too. This combination — less immunity than many people thought, new variants and a resumption of activities — seems to have led to multiple superspreader events, Dr. Jennifer Lighter of New York University told me.

The situation is so dire that some Indian crematories are overwhelmed. Suresh Bhai, who works in one in the western state of Gujarat, told The Times that he had never seen such a never-ending assembly line of death.

What now?
    The available solutions are no secret. The same two strategies have worked around the world: restricting the activities that spread the virus, and accelerating the pace of vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Intimate exercise?
    Polite term for furious masterbation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Been reading India stories for a week now, holy crap are they in the rona soup.
    1.4 BILLION people in an area 1/3rd the size of the US. What could go wrong?!

What could go wrong? All the things predicted when people let their guard down resulting in overwhelmed hospitals.

Fortunately the U.S. will send India vaccines as well as raw materials for vaccines. Wth only luck American anti-vaxx refuseniks will demand vaccination in order to own the libs.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What could go wrong? All the things predicted if people let their guard down resulting in overwhelmed hospitals.

Fortunately the U.S. will send India vaccines as well as raw materials for vaccines and with only luck outraged America first anti-vaxx refuseniks demand vaccination in order to own the libs.
    What is happening in India is beyond horrible. With all the infections I was wondering if vaccinating is really the answer or if it will merely be spitting into the wind. At the rate they are currently going seems like they will reach herd immunity before the vaccinations do any good but what do I know except that they situation they are in is heartbreaking.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Herd immunity absent vaccines is unlikely. It hasn't happened in any of the other countries, like Brazil, where contrarians said herd immunity had been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    1.4 BILLION people in an area 1/3rd the size of the US. What could go wrong?!
    My thoughts exactly. New York and US coastal cities better get the vax rate way high because this shit is en-route as we type.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Name:  poltergeist-1.jpeg
Views: 513
Size:  48.0 KB

Ok now we get to see where Hott Butt Mud is getting his marching orders from. If you see someone wearing a mask outside you must CONFRONT THEM. If you see children wearing masks outside you must report their parents for CHILD ABUSE.

Last edited by bennymac; 04-27-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Carlson is getting more unhinged by the minute.

there is no money in not being unhinged, in not being controversial, if some one confronted me I might tell them where to go, there is no CCW or open carry up here

a leaf licker ( but anti mask ) buddy got worst ever really sick, personaly I'm going to keep wearing masks/ 6 ft distance/ avoid crowds

Please confront me in public Tucker and make my day.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

He’s becoming the new prime time Alex Jones. It’s all for ratings. I mean look at us watching his video and talking about him. It works.

Outdoor masking is stupid unless your around other people but I don’t give a shit if other people do it.

This Tucker crowd are weak minded sheeple. Letting actions others take that have no impact on them affect their feelings so much. Snowflakes. Toughen up bitches.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't want to drag this thread into poliass, so I'll just say watch John Oliver's LWT episode on Tucker.

Tucker's, and Fox's, schtick is to embrace the past and deprive the culture of innovation. It's an ice age of the Same Old Same Old. An endless nostalgic whimper.

Unfortunately people take that guy seriously.

He is advocating fucking with millions of people via CPS. You know next week we will all be talking about the crazy video of some whack job accosting someone over their kid wearing a mask.

In my fantasy world, if someone called CPS on me and my kid for wearing masks I would feel compelled to respond in kind and utilize any legal means available to me to fuck their lives up. In reality, I would probably treat it as a teaching moment about how to act around crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Outdoor masking is stupid unless your around other people but I don’t give a shit if other people do it.
    driving around alone in a car with the mask on is also pointless and who knows why you see someone do it but masking doesnt hurt anyone or anything

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    driving around alone in a car with the mask on is also pointless and who knows why you see someone do it but masking doesnt hurt anyone or anything
    It's not pointless if I'm driving a short distance between errand stops and I don't want to be / there is zero reason to be constantly taking my mask on and off