Page 1391 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 ... LastLast
Results 34,751 to 34,775 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Yes, I have explained it already. I'm not going to write a 50 page essay on it.

- societal norms shifting to wearing masks when pointless could lead to creation of a population full of mysophobia

We are not talking about someone simply skiing in jeans because they feel like it. We're talking about an entire populace who has now been ingrained with a mindset of excessive mask wearing (among other unneeded public health measures).
    Societal norms change. They are changing as I type. You can continue to wear your pantaloons from the 17th century, or put on a pair of jeans in the 21st century. And imagine, not more than 3 decades ago, people were wearing acid wash jeans. And, I see now that ripped jeans are back in style again. Who knows, maybe pantaloons will come back into fashion, and you can laugh about it as you stroll down Main St. in your pantaloons with everyone else who just also happen to be wearing face masks.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I always used to find it a little odd when the occasional (typically Japanese) person would be walking around with a protective mask on, but it never would have occurred to me to ridicule them; hey, maybe they have a compromised immune system, or who knows. Actually, I've gained a retroactive respect for them, noticing that I haven't caught a flu since I started masking (and so on) due to Covid. These people in cars wearing a mask? Maybe they're an Uber driver, or they borrowed the car. Or maybe these people are obsessive-compulsive, but whatever, not my business.

I would like to see the popular standard on masking (among other things) to lighten up quite a bit, whenever that becomes moderately appropriate. I want to appear courteous, but doing runs with a bandana over my airway is getting really old. And I want to see four butts in a quad seat next season when I'm in a lift line.

I wear a mask in my car because it's easier than cleaning out the rotting food and dead animals from under the seats.

- societal norms shifting to wearing masks when pointless could lead to creation of a population full of mysophobia

We are not talking about someone simply skiing in jeans because they feel like it. We're talking about an entire populace who has now been ingrained with a mindset of excessive mask wearing (among other unneeded public health measures).
    Don’t worry, this isn’t a thing. I live in one of the most liberal mask compliant cities in the country. I’ve never seen this behavior.

There is no “entire populace” who is wearing masks everywhere all the time. 99% of people are wearing them appropriately, taking them off when not around others and are ready to be rid of the things as much as anyone.

The others seem to just put the thing on once and don’t want to deal with taking it on and off repeatedly.

Skiing with a mask has to be the most obvious place where this makes sense. Helmet, hat, etc conflicts with donning and doffing, so just leave it on.

Widespread mysophopia is just laughable.

(Anyways, CDC said they are evaluating their guidance on wearing a mask outside. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it changed greatly.)

Is HBM’s concern really about widespread persistent germaphobia in society (quit trying to impress by using the other term) or is it more about virtue signaling and mental masturbation to his own ultrarighteous pseudointellectual “I’m not afraid” self talk?

You forgot general snowflakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    PM Chainsaw Willie.
    Oh snap! That's some OLD SCHOOL TGR! Dang. You guys don't let ANYTHING go, do you? Memory like an elephant. Sheesh. LMAO!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

an entire populace who has now been ingrained with a mindset of excessive mask wearing (among other unneeded public health measures).
    Who guessed that Red White and Blue hajibs would become all the rage.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Who guessed that Red White and Blue hajibs would become all the rage.
    Surprisingly effective for skiing. Face stayed warm. Wind blocked. Sun blocked. No fogging. Easy to breathe. Mask works better than any ski face covering I've tried previously.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

First winter in years that I haven't had to deal with serious cracked lip.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wear a mask in my car because it's easier than cleaning out the rotting food and dead animals from under the seats.
    Gold.

Your Hott Butt Mud has caused some nasty Butt Hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

If I can reduce my chances of getting the flu (Regular influenza) just by wearing a mask when in crowded places, washing my hands more and giving people a bit more room, I am down with that 100%.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    really ?

must just be opportunistic journalists drawing false correlations then

but that why i wana see how many people vax on either side of the 49th
    I know a bunch of far left “plandemic” types who believe the vax is either going to cause massive organ failure or a money grab by big pharma. The left in this country has just as many wackaddoles. You just don’t read about it as much.

To be clear, I do not agree with MTT assessment of the underground party scene and kids getting sick and recovering made up shit. He just made that story up while sitting in his half rebuilt trailer kicking back a few I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I always used to find it a little odd when the occasional (typically Japanese) person would be walking around with a protective mask on, but it never would have occurred to me to ridicule them; hey, maybe they have a compromised immune system, or who knows. Actually, I've gained a retroactive respect for them, noticing that I haven't caught a flu since I started masking (and so on) due to Covid. These people in cars wearing a mask? Maybe they're an Uber driver, or they borrowed the car. Or maybe these people are obsessive-compulsive, but whatever, not my business.

I would like to see the popular standard on masking (among other things) to lighten up quite a bit, whenever that becomes moderately appropriate. I want to appear courteous, but doing runs with a bandana over my airway is getting really old. And I want to see four butts in a quad seat next season when I'm in a lift line.
    I dunno. Kind of liked the private chair this season.

well I'm very sure there are anti vax lefties up narth in Canada eh, but what we don't have up here are Republicans

So 40% of a very large group of people who worship an orange bobble head refusing to Vax on political grounds

so I think it would be interesting to view the stats on who vaxxed narth vs south ect

but from the news it ain't looking good for America getting shots in enough arms
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post

yes
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I know a bunch of far left “plandemic” types who believe the vax is either going to cause massive organ failure or a money grab by big pharma. The left in this country has just as many wackaddoles. You just don’t read about it as much.

To be clear, I do not agree with MTT assessment of the underground party scene and kids getting sick and recovering made up shit. He just made that story up while sitting in his half rebuilt trailer kicking back a few I would assume.
    I had to re read this one. Well done. You dismissed the activities of a group you no nothing about and managed to attack the poster on a personal level to further discredit the narrative.
    Bravo.
    And those news videos showing hundreds partying in the big ass house. Only time that happened.
    Anyway it's all so last month. Cuz shit is open now

Legal or not legal. Around here. It's open
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well I'm very sure there are anti vax lefties up narth in Canada eh, but what we don't have up here are Republicans

So 40% of a very large group of people who worship an orange bobble head refusing to Vax on political grounds

so I think it would be interesting to view the stats on who vaxxed narth vs south ect

but from the news it ain't looking good for America getting shots in enough arms
    Throw on to the fact that republicans politicians are actively discouraging people getting the vaccine all in a cynical play to potentially benefit them in the mid terms. The GOP is so morally corrupt it’s mind boggling and there’s so many idiots in this country. Were actively trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I had to re read this one. Well done. You dismissed the activities of a group you no nothing about and managed to attack the poster on a personal level to further discredit the narrative.
    Bravo.
    And those news videos showing hundreds partying in the big ass house. Only time that happened.
    Anyway it's all so last month. Cuz shit is open now

Legal or not legal. Around here. It's open
    Shouldn’t you be dry firing at your TV right now?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Duh.

Regular Exercise May Help Protect Against Severe Covid https://nyti.ms/3uPTkaq

More exercise means less risk of developing severe Covid, according to a compelling new study of physical activity and coronavirus hospitalizations. The study, which involved almost 50,000 Californians who developed Covid, found that those who had been the most active before falling ill were the least likely to be hospitalized or die as a result of their illness.

The data were gathered before Covid vaccines became available and do not suggest that exercise can substitute in any way for immunization. But they do intimate that regular exercise — whether it’s going for a swim, walk, run or bike ride — can substantially lower our chances of becoming seriously ill if we do become infected.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Shouldn’t you be dry firing at your TV right now?
    Probably. If I can buy enough ammo.it looks like I have a gun tournament in two weeks.
    I think the ammo might be available but at a price.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Duh.

Regular Exercise May Help Protect Against Severe Covid https://nyti.ms/3uPTkaq

More exercise means less risk of developing severe Covid, according to a compelling new study of physical activity and coronavirus hospitalizations. The study, which involved almost 50,000 Californians who developed Covid, found that those who had been the most active before falling ill were the least likely to be hospitalized or die as a result of their illness.

The data were gathered before Covid vaccines became available and do not suggest that exercise can substitute in any way for immunization. But they do intimate that regular exercise — whether it’s going for a swim, walk, run or bike ride — can substantially lower our chances of becoming seriously ill if we do become infected.
    Intimate exercise?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Curious to hear what the medical/science brain trust here thinks of this (not covid related):

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ens-have-been/
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Curious to hear what the medical/science brain trust here thinks of this (not covid related):

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ens-have-been/
    Didn’t Stanley Tucci do a season of Fortitude about this?