Page 1152 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... LastLast
Results 28,776 to 28,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    1922 cases in CO yesterday. That’s almost 3 times the summer peak!

And found out this morning that my dad has COVID. 76 years old with Diabetes. Hasn’t listened to my warnings this whole time. F- this.
    29 in W2 (583 statewide).

Sorry to hear about your Dad - best to you both!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Utah set to ratio care. Fucking failure to allow this to happen: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/...navirus-cases/
    What happens if the governor doesn't sign off on the criteria?
    According to the article it sounds like they feel they're about 2 weeks away from actually implementing the rationing criteria.

Good read
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Don't know if this was posted, but good big picture read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...winter/616204/

I think your best hope is Biden and Fauci
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Utah set to ratio care. Fucking failure to allow this to happen: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/...navirus-cases/
    Maybe we should ask Elkhound Odin if his wife signed off on this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cats out of the bag, our only hope is personal responsibility and patience
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think your best hope is Biden and Fauci

Thanks for posting that. Should be required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Maybe we should ask Elkhound Odin if his wife signed off on this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think we all need to know what ICU she works at and make sure to avoid it.

Movin’ to Montana soon?

Hats off to Maine

“How Straight Talk Helped One State Control COVID
    Nirav Shah directs Maine’s response, which is seeing impressive results despite risk factors”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-control-covid

I thought this was a link to some big pictures. Like Trump, TLDR.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So... Sarah Palin finally gets her death panels?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    We were driving back from Washington and stopped in CDA . My partner asked if I thought I could ever live there and I said no. I just sent here the link to the article. We had lunch and we were the only people masked up, which felt odd since cases have been rising and everywhere else on our vacation was "mask required" inside and most people wore them outside around town.
    I used to have a client in CDA. Anytime we sent a team to their location we were not allowed to include anyone who wasn't white. Not because management there was racist, but enough of their staff were there was concern our staff would be harassed. It was also suggested we not send females, though I'm sure they would be harassed for a different reason. The last year I worked that job we were very short staffed and asking for people to visit on temporary assignments from other offices around the world. The guy assigned to my team was from South Africa. The partner laughed when he heard that "he'll fit right in". Poor fucker took the assignment because he wanted to visit Whistler. Instead he spent the entire assignment in Spokane and CDA.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Cats out of the bag, our only hope is personal responsibility and patience

Based on the number of people around the country who don't wear masks, I think we're just down to patience.

The latest charts show infections for the Americas are running highest in Argentina (in spite of a very long lockdown), and the USA. Most other countries are in decline, except for upticks in Canada and Mexico. Argentina is on its first wave still, most others have had only one long one, except for the USA which is on its third.

Name:  Coronavirus-Pandemic-Data-Explorer-Our-World-in-Data (4).jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  99.9 KB

Deaths are levelling out around 2.0-2.4 per million in general, with the exception of Argentina.

Name:  Coronavirus-Pandemic-Data-Explorer-Our-World-in-Data (1).jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  99.5 KB

So in Chile Santiago has been improving steadily since July, while flare-ups continue to occur in other parts of the country, in spite of spring arriving early. The plebiscite was held successfully yesterday, with a 50% turnout, masks everywhere, and nary a nosedick to be seen.

This is the hodgepodge of comunal phase status in Chile at the moment (red and orange are most restricted, yellow and blue are least). Santiago is at the top.

[Name:  Situación-Comunal-Chile-Google-My-Maps (1).jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  52.8 KB

This is a centrally controlled, science-based procedure, which has loopholes and problems, but is mostly respected, and I think it is working. Mask use is around 99%. The spread will not be stopped, but can be delayed until vaccines begin to be distributed sometime next year, I hope before our winter sets in in May (when infections really took off this year). October outbreaks followed the national day festivities in September (in spite of a "celebrate at home" campaign), mainly in southern Chile where many flocked for family/friend get-togethers. The sudden Villarrica lockdown on Oct 8 ruined my volcano skiing trip...

Seattle company says its spray treatment could make cloth masks more effective against COVID-19

A small Seattle startup is hoping to boost the performance of cloth masks with a spray coating that uses minute electrical charges to capture viral particles and prevent them from passing through the fibers. The approach hasn’t been thoroughly vetted and some mask experts are skeptical, but the National Science Foundation (NSF) was intrigued enough to give the company a $256,000 grant for initial development and testing.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...inst-covid-19/

Idaho governor to make an announcement on the COVID today... this should be good.

A 2-3 week shutdown is what we need. And more people wearing masks, basically no businesses in Idaho Falls are enforcing this except the grocery store I go to, from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Maryland has a Republican Governor, and has perhaps the best response of any State in the country, go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They don’t send their best. Most of the GOP are hacks and minions of the Orange man, but a few of them, I guess, are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    So while most threads devolve into Biden will save us and trump is an idiot, what is there to make of this which is Europe blowing up now? We are all fucked unless you can stay away from humans masks or no masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cold air and pandemic fatigue. Cause people suck. So more shut downs to mitigate. Wonder which candidate is pro shit down to keep the stupid humans safe and which one wants the stupid humans to do what ever they want because of feedumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Take that California!! Everything is bigger in Texas, bitches!!
    No longer game in my state. We thought we were on top forever and then got lazy.

X

Boston area wastewater data - recent trend doesn't look good.

http://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Idaho governor to make an announcement on the COVID today... this should be good.

A 2-3 week shutdown is what we need. And more people wearing masks, basically no businesses in Idaho Falls are enforcing this except the grocery store I go to, from what I can tell.
    Not sure he has the balls for that, but if people really are worried about their economy the step back to stage 3 should motivate some masks. And credit to the city of Cd'A for mandating them (regardless of the county).

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Not sure he has the balls for that, but if people really are worried about their economy the step back to stage 3 should motivate some masks. And credit to the city of Cd'A for mandating them (regardless of the county).
    People are only worried about the economy if they've been directly affected. Otherwise, they don't give a fuck.

Probably true, especially since it's hard for anyone to be unaffected completely. The weird part of this year is how random that is--someone makes money off every war, but this isn't normal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6589.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	345100
    Couldn’t resist

so bummed:

104 new cases of COVID-19 in Walla Walla County since Thursday

In the past 2 weeks WWC has had 187 new cases of COVID-19 putting the county at the highest number of active cases since the onset of the pandemic with 175 active cases.

Public Health Officer for WWC, Dr. Larry Jecha is asking the community for diligence, “We are seeing an uptick of cases in Walla Walla County. Gaining control of this increase will depend on the actions of our community. We need everyone's diligence in supporting social distancing and wearing of masks. Also cooperation in contact tracing, isolation and quarantine is essential.”

We are seeing transmission related to social exposure and travel—both residents traveling out-of-county and non-residents traveling into the county—that is spreading into places of employment and households. We are also seeing intergenerational spread across family groups.

For every person who tests positive, on average our local contact tracing teams contact 5 close contacts—this means if we have 20 new cases in a day, teams are calling the people who tested positive and an additional 100 people who could develop COVID-19 and spread the virus to their family and friends.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism