Page 416 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 41810
    [Spats] You guys know I can read what you're saying, right? [/Spats]

[Also Spats]

[/Spats]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And more breaking news of fuckups in USA https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5109747002/

U.S. exported millions in masks, ventilators, other PPE ahead of coronavirus crisis here
    Dian Zhang, Erin Mansfield, Dinah Voyles PulverUSA TODAY

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.

American companies sold more than $17.5 million worth of face masks, more than $13.6 million in surgical garments and more than $27.2 million in ventilators to China during the first two months of the year, far exceeding that of any other similar period in the past decade, according to the most recent foreign trade data available from the U.S. Census Bureau.

USA TODAY’s analysis of the trade numbers comes as medical professionals on the front lines of the nationwide crisis say they are being forced to reuse or go without personal protective equipment like surgical masks and face shields to account for a shortage. Some states also are scrambling to find ventilators to prepare for a crush of patients expected to need them.. The White House and congressional intelligence committees were briefed on the scope and threat of the coronavirus in January and February, but President Donald Trump has not stopped exports of key medical equipment – a move taken by at least 54 other countries so far.

The data show how U.S. manufacturers stepped up production and cleared out inventory to supply protective medical equipment to China for weeks, even as the threat of the coronavirus became clear. The CDC reported its first case in the United States on Jan. 20. Within the next two weeks, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services had declared the disease a public health emergency... And much more to that article
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just posting the headline:

"Cruise bookings are on the rise for 2021 despite coronavirus"

for all those saying that people are going to be too scared to go to restaurants for the next 1-2 years

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    And more breaking news of fuckups in USA https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5109747002/

U.S. exported millions in masks, ventilators, other PPE ahead of coronavirus crisis here

U.S. exports of surgical masks, ventilators and other personal protective gear to China skyrocketed in January and February, when the coronavirus was wreaking havoc in the country where it began and as U.S. intelligence agencies warned it would soon spread.

American companies sold more than $17.5 million worth of face masks, more than $13.6 million in surgical garments and more than $27.2 million in ventilators to China during the first two months of the year, far exceeding that of any other similar period in the past decade, according to the most recent foreign trade data available from the U.S. Census Bureau.

USA TODAY’s analysis of the trade numbers comes as medical professionals on the front lines of the nationwide crisis say they are being forced to reuse or go without personal protective equipment like surgical masks and face shields to account for a shortage. Some states also are scrambling to find ventilators to prepare for a crush of patients expected to need them.. The White House and congressional intelligence committees were briefed on the scope and threat of the coronavirus in January and February, but President Donald Trump has not stopped exports of key medical equipment – a move taken by at least 54 other countries so far.

The data show how U.S. manufacturers stepped up production and cleared out inventory to supply protective medical equipment to China for weeks, even as the threat of the coronavirus became clear. The CDC reported its first case in the United States on Jan. 20. Within the next two weeks, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services had declared the disease a public health emergency... And much more to that article
    That does not even the masks cleaned out of stores here by individuals and shipped out.

That’s what happened at my local Lowe’s.

With live inventory tracking, someone should have sounded the alarm. Or some dope in the GOvt should have bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Five or six hundred people attended a horse auction today in Iowa. Fuck these people and our drunk Trump boot licking governor. Non food livestock auctions finally banned as of 5 pm after this thing took place and the damage was done. Basically if you are a farmer or a religious wingnut you can do whatever it is you want in this shithole state, pollute the water, spread disease. Knock yourself out.

https://www.dailyiowegian.com/news/l..._medium=social

Wayne County Iowa is a southern tier county along the Missouri State line. This area is the heart of Trump Country. All the kids have huge jacked up trucks worth more than their trailers. The joke has always been if you give the bottom row of Iowa counties to Missouri you'd raise the IQ of both states. Very religious. Under educated. Ravaged and left behind in the modern economy. The Amish do quite well financially though...since they buy everything with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    US Navy Relieves Captain of USS Theodore Roosevelt For Sounding the Alarm:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/5116256002/

What in the actual fuck.
    Orders from the Commander in Chief, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I've been grocery shopping every 10-14 days most of my adult life. That hasn't changed but I've been buying more on trips now with not eating out.

Don't have a mask so wore a buff on Tuesday. Didn't wear it the whole time. Did a social experiment and left it down. When people started getting a little close, instead of telling them to back the fuck off, I pulled the buff over my nose and every single person gave me a very wide berth. Next time I go, I'm just going to wear it the entire time.
    Cough once before the pull up. The store empties.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Five or six hundred people attended a horse auction today in Iowa. Fuck these people and our drunk Trump boot licking governor. Non food livestock auctions finally banned as of 5 pm after this thing took place and the damage was done. Basically if you are a farmer or a religious wingnut you can do whatever it is you want in this shithole state, pollute the water, spread disease. Knock yourself out.

You know, to be fair, a lot of those people arent hooked up to the internet, because the internet sucks out there in rural land. They arent as tuned in as the petit bourgeois in the big cities and burbs. They really dont know. It's not an act of defiance for many, it's just ignorance of the situation. Just a century ago, they learned through the grapevine, and "social distancing" wasn't even a thing. They're busy. They're farmers and ranchers. Hard work. They dont have the time for social networks outside of church. Ironically, church is where it will spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know, to be fair, a lot of those people arent hooked up to the internet, because the internet sucks out there in rural land. They arent as tuned in as the petit bourgeois in the big cities and burbs. They really dont know. It's not an act of defiance for many, it's just ignorance of the situation. Just a century ago, they learned through the grapevine, and "social distancing" wasn't even a thing. They're busy. They're farmers and ranchers. Hard work. They dont have the time for social networks outside of church. Ironically, church is where it will spread.
    I agree actually. The county health department knew better, and they were there, but they were powerless to stop it because our governor is Trump blind to this thing.

They obviously found out about the auction.

Did anyone else just see the Billy Graham commercial?

In essence, "in these time have you considered prayer?"

National ad right at the end of the CBS news.

Edit to add: Holy shit, there are a bunch of them.....

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Z9GO/billy-g...ripped-by-fear
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Just posting the headline:

"Cruise bookings are on the rise for 2021 despite coronavirus"

for all those saying that people are going to be too scared to go to restaurants for the next 1-2 years
    Ain't no cruiser scared of all-you-can-eat buffets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 8.29.46 PM.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	323385

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    They obviously found out about the auction.
    Word of mouth, feed store, radio

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Ain't no cruiser scared of all-you-can-eat buffets.
    just means there'll be more prime rib left when you go back for thirds!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

To be fair, there was nothing in there implying that you shouldn't do anything else but pray or that the pandemic was a hoax or less serious than they're making it out to be, in fact the images said the opposite.

This is a time for prayer, if you're a praying person.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cough once before the pull up. The store empties.
    I mistook someone else's cart for mine and put shit in it and started to walk away this morning at the store. I am everyone's worst nightmare....I was just a bit mortified.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Wayne County Iowa is a southern tier county along the Missouri State line. This area is the heart of Trump Country. All the kids have huge jacked up trucks worth more than their trailers. The joke has always been if you give the bottom row of Iowa counties to Missouri you'd raise the IQ of both states. Very religious. Under educated. Ravaged and left behind in the modern economy. The Amish do quite well financially though...since they buy everything with cash.
    'Daily Iowegian' has a nice ring to it. What names didn't make the cut I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post

Maxine Waters sums it up
    “Trump, you incompetent idiot! You sent 18 tons of PPE to China early but ignored warnings & called COVID19 concerns a hoax,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) tweeted on Monday, referring to 17.8 tons of medical supplies—including masks, gowns, gauze, and respirators—the U.S. delivered in February to help with the outbreak in China. “You’ve endangered doctors, nurses, aids [sic], orderlies, & janitors -- all risking their lives to save ours. Pray 4 forgiveness for the harm that you’re causing!”
    Add this to the fuckery

Pence task force freezes coronavirus aid amid backlash
    The review came after officials discovered that aid to foreign countries wasn't being coordinated with U.S. requests.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rus-aid-157806

US sends PPE to Thailand while US and states search around the world for supplies

“It’s a good thing that we're taking a holistic look at where and when we’re sending PPE as we're looking to fulfill needs here at home,” said Pence spokeswoman Katie Miller.
    Apparently she said this without the slightest trace of irony...

Keeping things shut down through May 4 here in Washington.

Fire/ EMS Update (SW Edition)

363 Confirmed cases in NM. 7 Fatalities.
    Our Medical Director told us today that there is basically 3 stages of this disease: ~ 85% mild to moderate flu symptoms, recover w/o any medical intervention. ~ 10-12% need some intervention, aka supplemental O2, and recover. ~3-5% need ICU level care. Someone posted upthread that the ones that crash, crash hard and fast. Scary fast. That was confirmed by the Doc.
    Gov cancelled all schools till end of academic year.
    Gov. also expressed concern about the tribal nations to Federal Govt. Quote " The Navajo Nation could be wiped out....."
    All the hotels we thought we had agreements in place with to house our members who test positive have backed out. Looking for other options.
    Theme in the meeting today was this is the calm before the storm. Which scares the shit out of me.
    Re my previous post about the OEM looking for refrigerated trucks for cadaver storage, I think they are considering worst case scenario.... Was brought up again today.
    PPE.PPE.PPE. We, along with the rest of the country, are fucked. Just a question of when and how badly.
    Vibes to all the mags here, especially all of you in the trenches.
    Mrs. Seano had a meltdown last night... This shit sucks.
    Stay home, stay safe, I'll keep you updated as I can.

Diamond Joe?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fire/ EMS Update (SW Edition)

363 Confirmed cases in NM. 7 Fatalities.
    Our Medical Director told us today that there is basically 3 stages of this disease: ~ 85% mild to moderate flu symptoms, recover w/o any medical intervention. ~ 10-12% need some intervention, aka supplemental O2, and recover. ~3-5% need ICU level care. Someone posted upthread that the ones that crash, crash hard and fast. Scary fast. That was confirmed by the Doc.
    Gov cancelled all schools till end of academic year.
    Gov. also expressed concern about the tribal nations to Federal Govt. Quote " The Navajo Nation could be wiped out....."
    All the hotels we thought we had agreements in place with to house our members who test positive have backed out. Looking for other options.
    Theme in the meeting today was this is the calm before the storm. Which scares the shit out of me.
    Re my previous post about the OEM looking for refrigerated trucks for cadaver storage, I think they are considering worst case scenario.... Was brought up again today.
    PPE.PPE.PPE. We, along with the rest of the country, are fucked. Just a question of when and how badly.
    Vibes to all the mags here, especially all of you in the trenches.
    Mrs. Seano had a meltdown last night... This shit sucks.
    Stay home, stay safe, I'll keep you updated as I can.

Diamond Joe?
    Best of luck to you!
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Keeping things shut down through May 4 here in Washington.
    May the 4th be with us

only in america...