Page 382 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Well.
    We can't get out, so hard to get prescribed meds now...
    I may have some Codeine. Checking with wife if we do...
    Definetely have gummies and K if you want. (yeah, you DO NOT want K right now.)
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Chinese Rat Flu

Hot showers work for cough. I took three a day when I had resp infection in January. It helped a lot. They dehydrate you too so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can't remember if I got this here or direct from Wapo but it makes sense. No need to disinfect stuff from the store, amazon unless you need right away. Put it away long enough for the viable virus count to drop. Wash your hands after you put stuff away.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ting-packages/
    my son, who's a surgery resident at UCD, says the same applies to masks for the general public--if you're like me, going out in public only to buy groceries. When you're done shopping drop the mask in a bag and it should be fine for the next time. Obviously this is no help to health care providers who can't wait. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but it makes sense to me and I'll be doing it for my one N95 mask. Unless someone has evidence to the contrary.

A question--we say dilution is the solution to pollution. When you have infection, say peritonitis from perforated bowel, you wash it out with liters and liters of salt water solution. Just physically washing out, without any antiseptic, reduces bacterial count enough to greatly reduce the risk of infection. Anyone who had a cut sewed up in the ER knows this. Anyway, the question--with produce from the market, can just rinsing it vigorously remove enough of the virus--which is probably there in low amounts if at all--and wash it down the sink to greatly reduce the risk, without the need to kill it with soap?
    Any food service sanitation class I ever took didn't offer any advice on shit like this but I assume veggies should be treated like hands - washed thoroughly, scrubbed hard.

Everything from Amazon or the store goes on garage floor and sprayed with diluted bleach, then left overnight. That sound about right to you, OG? You never had anything quite like this in your years of practice, did you?

Busch is giving 3 months' worth of beer to people who adopt or foster a dog during coronavirus crisis

Great, trailer park alcoholics adopting dogs for 3 months.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Those dogs are going to adapt well to drunks as owners.

Let me call my doctor to see if she can arrange something for me.
    Thanks for the tip, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Dick Tingle is one hell of a name.
    He’s a sadistic piece of evil shit. When I was still a fairly new firefighter he put us in a position of huge risk for his own amusement.
    Then years later made a bunch of rapey remarks to a female on my crew, in front of me, then hit me with the whole “what are you gonna do about it? get your crew sent home”...probably in some way why 20 years later that female is a jiu jitsu master who could immediately tie that scumbag into a pain pretzel...

He’s on the list, permanent ink. If I don’t make it, respect the list: screw that guy over at any and every chance you get.

Different cough medicines work differently on different types of coughs. Delsym is an antitussive. It works by telling your brain you don't need to cough and is geared toward dry coughs where there is little to no mucus. Not the first thing I'd reach for when drowning is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Any food service sanitation class I ever took didn't offer any advice on shit like this but I assume veggies should be treated like hands - washed thoroughly, scrubbed hard.

Everything from Amazon or the store goes on garage floor and sprayed with diluted bleach, then left overnight. That sound about right to you, OG? You never had anything quite like this in your years of practice, did you?
    I'm not claiming medical expertise on this, just reporting what the article says--that you don't need to spray with bleach if you just leave it 24 hours. The bleach can't hurt. Whether spraying dilute bleach is enough to kill anything that won't die on its own I have no idea.

The only case if severe viral pneumonia I saw in practice was hantavirus, acquired in Yosemite by a colleague of mine. She wound up on ECMO (artificial lung) and survived. She was about as close to dying as you can get. I think about her every time I go into my crawl space--hanta is endemic in Truckee. At least one case I know of. I saw lots of cases of "white lung" (adult respiratory distress syndrome) due to sepsis or trauma. Treatment of the lungs is the same as for covid--support them on a ventilator until they get better, which often happens if you can treat the underlying disease, but not always. I will never forget a 16 year old girl who was in a car accident. Her injuries weren't that bad but she whited out her lungs and spent weeks dying on a ventilator, her injuries were healed but her lungs just wouldn't. Afterwards her mom asked me out. I passed.

We never forget our disasters. After this is all over there are going to be a lot of nurses and docs with cases that will torture them for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Different cough medicines work differently on different types of coughs. Delsym is an antitussive. It works by telling your brain you don't need to cough and is geared toward dry coughs where there is little to no mucus. Not the first thing I'd reach for when drowning is a concern.
    "Dextromethorphan is used recreationally by some and, when taken in excess, can cause a dissociative hallucinogenic state similar to the drugs ketamine and PCP. Symptoms include a distorted "out of body" sensation, euphoria, excitement, and a loss of sense of time."

Deslym actually sounds great to me right now.

Please tell me this isn't the first time you've heard about "robo-tripping."

Yo, nutmeg - this thread moves so fast, I missed you were Covid+. Im so sorry to hear that and I’m sending healing vibes your way, the best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Tussin’

Quarantine Day 16
    COVID-19 Day 15

Saturday was a rough day.
    Coughs keep coming back every 12 hours when MucineX DM wears off.
    Slept most day which screwed up my night sleep.

Sunday was a little better.
    Stayed up all day without a nap so I could sleep better.
    Went to bed around 10:30pm and keeps waking up every 2 hours.
    By 4am, I was wide awake.

Stomach problem is an ongoing issue.
    I've been having D almost 10 days straight now.

Body aches and headaches are gone.
    I had pain in my body about two weeks so I don't know how to feel normal.
    My body feels numb without pain.

Still can't smell, low appetite and ears feel pressured.

Boyfriend seems recovering nicely.
    Most symptoms are gone and no fever past two days.
    He's four days ahead of me, so I'm hoping to get there by Thursday.

We haven't had a sip of alcohol since March 8th.
    Boyfriend lost 17lbs from being sick and not drinking.
    Now he walks around in underwear proudly.
    Now I'm thinking I might as well pick up some MucineX DM....hope you feel better, that sounds really really rough.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Ah, that's why they started limiting sales to robo? 20 years later 'ol muted puts 2 and 2 together!

I was sober in college, that's my excuse.

Quarantine Day 16
    COVID-19 Day 15
    Hang in there. Thanks for the status update.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Yo, nutmeg - this thread moves so fast, I missed you were Covid+. Im so sorry to hear that and I’m sending healing vibes your way, the best I can.
    Yeah, same here. Heal up Nutmeg!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Albertsons safeway CEO Vivek Sankaran has decided to not protect their front line workers and our food with a simple cloth over the face because they don’t want to “cause panic”

Sprouts CEO Jack Sinclair has also not added face covering to their staff but didn’t see a reason why yet.

Do we have any journalists in here?

Trader Joe’s (CEO Dan Bane) on Colorado Boulevard was closed today because of a stocker with #ccpvirus.

Kroger Vice President and chief people officer Tim Massa hasn’t been proactive on this either.

This is a travesty in the making. You thought hording was bad a couple weeks ago, buckle up for when your store closes.
    The other half of my transit job nightmare is the nightmare of my wife managing a grocery dept. and having a bad back in the last couple months from having to do more stocking and unloading than she should with a fused spine. Now it’s just mayhem. Infectious mayhem, hoarding mayhem, personnel and scheduling mayhem.
    The silver lining is we still only have a couple of cases in the county so far.

This stuff with Albertsons et al is why a piecemeal private sector approach to public health policy is untenable. The CEOs’ only constituency is their shareholders, they need these choices to be made by govt. because govt is the party charged with overall public safety...and these are situations where public health and profitability conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    No, no it is not. Cats do not get Corona, nor do dogs. People post dumb ass shit like this and then even dumber people kick their pets out on the street because they don't want the virus. JFC.
    Doesn’t help that dumb asses then spread this false information on the internet and then it becomes a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Doesn’t help that dumb asses then spread this false information on the internet and then it becomes a thing.

Oh and the “hey I’m just passing along what I heard” like it’s no big deal and you have nothing to do with it. You are now part of the problem and causing more problems.

Tussin’
    The tussin, the tussin, the ro-bo-tussin

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Oh and the “hey I’m just passing along what I heard” like it’s no big deal and you have nothing to do with it. You are now part of the problem and causing more problems.

Maybe you guys should read the link he posted before piling on, other wise you just look like idiots. Livescience is a reputable site
    https://www.livescience.com/cat-infe...rom-owner.html
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

This thread moves at coronavirus speed.
    I can't keep up with most posts as well.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    No, no it is not. Cats do not get Corona, nor do dogs.
    I's a zoonotic virus, though, so it's possible that they could. Hell, up till a week ago everyone was saying wearing a mask was pointless unless you were sick, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me that dogs and cats can get ill with COVID-19.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Busch is giving 3 months' worth of beer to people who adopt or foster a dog during coronavirus crisis

Great, trailer park alcoholics adopting dogs for 3 months.
    your late and and not reading it all
    strong generalization
    and the htfb has a real nice house multpile rescue/foster fur kids
    no goats
    the get old and blow
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno