Page 372 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 41810
    Nextdoor referrals are mostly the real estate industry mining your info. Should be named housebook.

Ok fair. Not sure how to contact every restaurant in Denver more quickly. Tons of them whining about staying in business, while being major vectors.

I sent messages to safeway, sprouts, and 9news. Hopefully they pick it up.

Chinese Rat Flu

We have officially set up a small sweat shop in my house. Mts. B and I cut material last night and sewed up masks for our hospital for a bit today. They are did an outreach saying they want to get 10k masks made. They gave out surgical gowns for mask material and directions for those interested in helping. I still can’t fathom hospital staff having to use these when treating C19 patients, it makes me sick to my stomach to even consider that. Who knows that their plan is for them. We got fifteen sewed up today in about three hours of work. I’m sure others could do it faster that have more experience but we’re getting a decent system down between us.

I’m a firm believer that the simple usage of masks will make a huge difference in outcome of this if we can get everyone on board when in public.

More people would wear masks if they looked like Tukka Rask's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tukka.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	322781

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    What do the folk here think about how long this will last until we start to return to normal ( allowing businesses to open) I am thinking mid May at the earliest but more likely July as we are nowhere near the peak of this. I imagine that people won't be shaking hands or playing basketball for at least six months. The handshake may take years to come back if ever after this. I hope that some genius can get a vaccine fast tracked and end this nightmare.
    Nobody here has a fucking clue how long. Neither does Anthony Fauci.

@rockinb there were some patterns posted earlier but I’ve lost track. If you can post I’ll cut and paste now. I have some people interested.

What we are doing is simple. Two 6” x 9” pieces of material and four 1/2” x 15” pieces. I’ll take some photos tomorrow and post back here.

Cool thanks. First local person that replied and helping stem the tide of negative replies: last name Chang.
    Can’t make this shit up.
    - edit so as not to be misconstrued, I’m referring to the previous discussion regarding how the Asian culture seems to identify what’s going to be good for the common people and then pitch in to cooperate.
    Last edited by Rideski; 03-29-2020 at 12:22 AM.

India: my former engineering team went there three weeks ago. Temperature checks at the airport and the hotel every time and questioning where they were and meetings. So they had already taken measures in early February. The USA is way behind and totally mismanaged the threat.

The person I’m talking to in Guangdong said its legit they are barring people from leaving Wuhan btw. Couldn’t confirm the bridge scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The person I’m talking to in Guangdong said its legit they are barring people from leaving Wuhan btw. Couldn’t confirm the bridge scene.
    Where are the bullshit meters?

"Save masks for healthcare workers because they don't work" = bullshit

"No new cases in China, nothing to see here, foreign press go home" = bullshit

"I can't be bothered to read lots of text but you should read my opinion" = bullshit

When you see bullshit say bullshit.

#nomasknoentry #maskssavelives

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Seriously, WTF is wrong with them. There ARE no masks...
    Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? Do you even ski? Skiers have masks.

The thinnest of fabric masks will change the humidity in your nose and throat and help keep your defenses up, especially in cold, dry air. They stop a huge fraction of particles, especially the largest/most dangerous ones, from flying out into the air around you. Effectiveness is a spectrum and this is dynamic, so do what you can and improve as you go.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Does Huckbucket have a chart for this thread compared to other threads? I think the rate of posts is exponential.

Does this indicate we are going to all die?
    I got your graph right here ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 9.07.19 AM.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	322782

Did you want respirators?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...e=articleShare

This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Haaa, my daughter went to 3 stores looking for TP today and finally ended up at Wal mart, nothin. Then she looks up and there are unopened boxes on top of the shelves. Being 6 ft, she knocks a few down and EUREKA!!! We have TP for a month now
    A month for you? Or a month for you and two females. Better get out that calculator.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ne...ina/a-52949216. Coronavirus: Netherlands recalls 'defective' masks bought from China
    Hundreds of thousands of masks sent to Dutch hospitals have been recalled after tests showed they failed to protect the face or had defective filters. The Netherlands recently bought 1.3 million masks from China. And.....Coronavirus vaccine: 'Clinical tests' in Germany soon
    Pharmaceutical companies all over the world are bending over backward to develop a vaccine against SARS-CoV-2. Such efforts are also being made in Germany. Hopes are pinned on the Tübingen-based biotech firm CureVac. https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-va...oon/a-52897430. And in Sweden a different (so far) approach https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52076293. ...Lockdown, what lockdown? Sweden's unusual response to coronavirus
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    It doesn’t take a god damn rocket scientist to know that partially covering two main orifices into your body will do AT LEAST SOME good in preventing bad things getting into your body.
    The whole “ it doesn’t help” charade was because they didn’t want a toilet paper panic. Which of course, is still unavailable anywhere I’ve looked the past 3 weeks.
    As a fellow charlottean I would urge you to think outside the confines of meck county which may be impossible after tomorrow I guess. I’ve been able to get tp at dollar generals and dollar trees in surrounding areas, especially SC while in turkey hunts.
    I’ve heard Office Depot online. Commercial tp is thin but available. But no the local ht is always out

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Did you want respirators?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...e=articleShare

This is why we can't have nice things.
    It's no mystery that for decades greed and malfeasance have gutted american industries. Collectively we as americans have been screwed by our corporate overlords in the pursuit for higher and higher profits. We should probably have thought that maybe some things like medicine and critical components deemed necessary for human survival are better left onshore and things like cheap t shirts, skis and bikes are ok.
    We all voted with our wallets also and now the chickens have come home to roost
    It's all sad really. Our priorities are all fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ne...ina/a-52949216. Coronavirus: Netherlands recalls 'defective' masks bought from China
    Hundreds of thousands of masks sent to Dutch hospitals have been recalled after tests showed they failed to protect the face or had defective filters. The Netherlands recently bought 1.3 million masks from China. And.....Coronavirus vaccine: 'Clinical tests' in Germany soon
    Pharmaceutical companies all over the world are bending over backward to develop a vaccine against SARS-CoV-2. Such efforts are also being made in Germany. Hopes are pinned on the Tübingen-based biotech firm CureVac. https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-va...oon/a-52897430. And in Sweden a different (so far) approach https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52076293. ...Lockdown, what lockdown? Sweden's unusual response to coronavirus
    Again at the risk of being deemd xenophobic by the enlighted here, but China is not a friend to anyone but China. But really only to the actual members of the CCP also. They don't give a shit about the other billion or so of their citizens either. They steal from people around the world, they imprison folks and re-educate them, them track people with 1984 levels of tech and yet the minute anyone from the west particularly questions them, they are called racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Double Parker brand. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I'm still kinda pissed that I don't get a chance to vote for Inslee. Dude did better than Cuomo, but you don't see him on the news because the outbreak isn't growing fast in Washington.
    As a Washington resident and public sector employee, I'm going to strenuously disagree with this. Inslee hasn't done a poor job of handling things, and there is some evidence that the measures here are working, but he still wasted 1-2 weeks before implementing any measures that were more than a token gesture at slowing the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Again at the risk of being deemd xenophobic by the enlighted here, but China is not a friend to anyone but China. But really only to the actual members of the CCP also. They don't give a shit about the other billion or so of their citizens either. They steal from people around the world, they imprison folks and re-educate them, them track people with 1984 levels of tech and yet the minute anyone from the west particularly questions them, they are called racist.
    American companies have manufactured crap many times .. It is the company overlords more so than the country in my opinion that permits the sale of shoddy products.. But I grant you that I also think this happens much more in China than in the USA... But only because we have some government oversight of business.. Even though that oversight is weak. Read some history about how USA companies used to poison their customers with impunity before there was an FDA......greedy people are greedy people...whatever country they are from. And the supplement industry here in USA is a fucking joke with the unregulated shit that they fawn off on the stupid and gullible public..
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Is anyone else enjoying the shutdown and the new pace of life as much as I am? Peace and quiet by means of subtraction, FTW.

I'm sleeping better than I have in years, I feel way less stressed than normal, I actually have time to cook on a regular basis, and I can justifiably tell anyone who's crowding me to back the fuck off. It's great.