Page 135 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 41810
    I feel bad for the kids. Some of them are just heartbroken. I know this corona shit is deadly serious, but a couple of these LAX programs are nationally ranked and there was a good chance they'd be playing for a championship. My daughter lives to compete, and she's far from alone. They're going to lose a year (if they don't redshirt) and it's tough to swallow. They don't even know what to expect for classes next quarter, or summer for that matter.

Yeah, I know real life interrupts sometimes, but it's still shitty.

Maybe they'll learn compassion for the sick.

I’m not discounting the virus.

But between the cheerleading, hysteria, misinformation and downright stupidly posted in here.., it’s either laugh or cry.

jgb@etree Guest
    In SW CT, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport, Wilton & Weston have closed schools. Sounds like quite a few more are trying to hold out another day or two so they can get certified for distance learning by the state so they don't have to makeup any days.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I feel bad for the kids. Some of them are just heartbroken. I know this corona shit is deadly serious, but a couple of these LAX programs are nationally ranked and there was a good chance they'd be playing for a championship. My daughter lives to compete, and she's far from alone. They're going to lose a year (if they don't redshirt) and it's tough to swallow. They don't even know what to expect for classes next quarter, or summer for that matter.

Yeah, I know real life interrupts sometimes, but it's still shitty.
    The Splendid Splinter spent 4 years in the service and came back in 1946 to hit .342. So an extra year in school could be what makes her star shine a bit brighter.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Houston is cancelling its rodeo which is a big deal for the city, 3 weeks of sold out concerts at the Texans football stadium is the highlight, says it will lose over 200 million in revenue.
    I doubt if the bulls or broncos are complaining

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I’m not discounting the virus.

But between the cheerleading, hysteria, misinformation and downright stupidly posted in here.., it’s either laugh or cry.
    Are you laughing or crying right now? No peeking!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You didn't know that the Catholic Church supported bigotry before enrolling your child in their institution?

Let alone their positions on birth control, woman's right to choose and tacit support of pedophilia... and now public health.
    You are moving the goal posts. Your original comments were about me taking the kids out when we heard about the injustice of the firings. Now it’s about enrolling them in the first place. There is a lot of fucked up shit with the Catholic Church but there are defensible, non religious reasons why people send their children to private catholic-affiliated schools. I’m re-evaluation with my wife and trying to balance the good versus the bad at this point. I know wheee you stand and I agree with you for the most part. But I’m in a shitty situation on a few fronts so moderate empathy shouldn’t be too much to ask.

And for those asking - I’m in West Seattle. I’m all about sharing info at this point, which seems to be the opposite of what our government and schools are focused on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

From Facebook. Anderson Cooper just interviewed him. 14 out of 14 skiers on a trip to Italy sick

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:

I haven't posted much other than memes lately, but as a primary care physician practicing in Tarzana, I wanted to give you my experience, and information that I know to be true. I won't mention hand washing or sanitizers, or things that everyone obviously knows, as there is plenty of information about this already.

I have two patients right now with CV, one hospitalized, and one not, and am close to a third patient. Essentially, 14 men went on a ski trip to Northern Italy. All have become ill, and all 14 have tested positive for CV. Of the 14, 4 needed to be hospitalized, and of the 4 patients, 3 are very ill as I write this. One had a significant pre-existing medical condition. The other 3 did not, and are relatively young. The news today out of Northern Italy is not good.

I have practiced for over 30 years, and have seen it all, or so I thought. Nothing has worried me like this. I recommend to all who read this that you avoid going to large group events such as sporting events, and concerts. I believe that all schools should be closed immediately and classes conducted online, which is relatively simple. I know that so far, children infected with CV have done relatively well, but they might come home and hug Grandpa, who won't do so well. Avoid contact with others as much as possible. CV in the United States is at a relatively early stage, but it won't last there for long. Make sure you have any medications you need, as well as supplies, but panicking hurts all of us.

My biggest hope is that I am totally wrong, and that you will all wonder in a few weeks what the hell I was talking about. But I have a pretty good track record, and I think you should take steps now to protect yourselves and your family. There is little cost to taking extra precaution right now, and the earlier, the better.

Feel free to share.

Sam Fink, M.D.
    Fellow, American College of Physicians

Here's a new Texican PSA...

Name:  Sneeze.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  53.8 KB

I'm starting to think this strain in Italy is quite scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    From Facebook. Anderson Cooper just interviewed him. 14 out of 14 skiers on a trip to Italy sick

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:

I haven't posted much other than memes lately, but as a primary care physician practicing in Tarzana, I wanted to give you my experience, and information that I know to be true. I won't mention hand washing or sanitizers, or things that everyone obviously knows, as there is plenty of information about this already.

I have two patients right now with CV, one hospitalized, and one not, and am close to a third patient. Essentially, 14 men went on a ski trip to Northern Italy. All have become ill, and all 14 have tested positive for CV. Of the 14, 4 needed to be hospitalized, and of the 4 patients, 3 are very ill as I write this. One had a significant pre-existing medical condition. The other 3 did not, and are relatively young. The news today out of Northern Italy is not good.

I have practiced for over 30 years, and have seen it all, or so I thought. Nothing has worried me like this. I recommend to all who read this that you avoid going to large group events such as sporting events, and concerts. I believe that all schools should be closed immediately and classes conducted online, which is relatively simple. I know that so far, children infected with CV have done relatively well, but they might come home and hug Grandpa, who won't do so well. Avoid contact with others as much as possible. CV in the United States is at a relatively early stage, but it won't last there for long. Make sure you have any medications you need, as well as supplies, but panicking hurts all of us.

My biggest hope is that I am totally wrong, and that you will all wonder in a few weeks what the hell I was talking about. But I have a pretty good track record, and I think you should take steps now to protect yourselves and your family. There is little cost to taking extra precaution right now, and the earlier, the better.

Feel free to share.

Sam Fink, M.D.
    Fellow, American College of Physicians
    Hoping that Buster and the rest of the group that left yesterday for Europe will return with nothing but great stories to tell.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by bornincolorado View Post
    Kung flu

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Kwai Chang Cough
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Hoping that Buster and the rest of the group that left yesterday for Europe will return with nothing but great stories to tell.
    At this point, I'd just be happy to get back home without quarantine.

Might be too late for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

He just said "whore-antined"

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Cheeto just said no more travel from Europe

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    edit.....he did say from for next 30 days....may be extended or removed early...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    My wife and kids are supposed to fly from MT to MN to visit family on Friday. There are no confirmed cases in MT and very few in MN.

Is it a bad idea to go, or would it be crazy to cancel?
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Depends on who you are listening to. The experts seem to be saying that social distancing is the thing to do right now and that it is only the economic incentives that are keeping health officials from being proactive.
    More cases in MN today. Not sure I’d really want to get on a plane right now if I didn’t have to.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Might be too late for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Cheeto just said no more travel from Europe

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Will they have to turn around and come home? A 2 day window to fly out?

Ugh... "the virus doesn't stand a chance against the US" Really?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Well, I assume these guys are not big resort types, so, just tour a lot and cook over fires.

Economic incentives are keeping health officials from being proactive????? wtf does that mean?

The virus has no chance because nothing can withstand the irresistible force of Trumps bullshit.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Did anyone notice that small seizure he seemed to have about 2 mins in? I think he choked on his words.

Love the way he couldn't resist placing blame.

Did anyone notice that small seizure he seemed to have about 2 mins in? I think he choked on his words.

Love the way he couldn't resist placing blame.
    Of course. It's pretty brilliant, though. Now it's Europe's fault. Always the other. Perfect scenario would've been if it came from Mexico.