Page 320 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, actually, Munchin's first proposal was to keep distribution of 500 billion secret for six months. Six months is after the election.
    I meant. The orange asshole hads the gall to say he'll be the oversight. Like every unimagineable action, he just says it or does it for no other reason than it suits his needs

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Why open cigs from the bottom?
    I don’t get that one
    Open it from the top and you touch the filter then put it straight into your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Will a "OR YOU'RE FIRED" get compliance? Tips I learned working summers in shit for the city. Wash hands a lot. Wear coveralls to work in. Open soft pack Marlbobos from the bottom of the pack. Nobody had to saynot to touch your face.
    That post was in reference to dump saying he'll be the oversight , so nothing goes astray, to the 500b secret slush fund munchin was trying to negotiate.
    With my situation, curious enough they just shut down services nation wide so people are congregating/not social distancing and are taking shit serious. Meanwhile our manager says "its being blown out of proportion"(the pandemic) and "no masks for you", all while we sacrifice providing an essential service. HELLO!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

A new paper on Italy indicates before the lockdown on March 8 R0 (R naught, the average number of people who will catch a disease from one contagious person) was 4.04 (90% CI: 4.03-4.05). The lockdown slowed the reproduction rate by 90%.

Simulations show that if the measures continue, the complete fade out of the outbreak in Lombardy is expected to occur by the end of May 2020.

For other countries, the United States, or cities within countries, doubling time is a key metric to consider. You can't say X (New York for example) is doing better or worse without normalizing for time.

For example, Italy's cases are doubling every five days while cases in the U.S. are doubling every three days so even though we have fewer cases/deaths our doubling rate is currently much higher.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....17.20037689v1
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 03-24-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My BIL, also very Christian but AFAIK doesn't own a MAGA hat, made almost the exact same comment in a Zoom call with the family on Sunday. Almost word-for-word said that a million old people dying would be worth it to get the economy going again. As if half the country getting sick, many of them seriously so, and a million-plus people dying in two months (2.8 million Americans died all of last year from all causes) wouldn't cause its own massive economic disruption.
    Yes. The guy told his 72 y.o. mother she's disposable right to her virtual face. I don't know know if I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.
    He's telling Atlas to shrug.

Yes. The guy told his 72 y.o. mother she's disposable right to her virtual face. I don't know know if I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.
    What in the actual FUCK?

She didn't take him to task on that horseshit?

I'm not sure I would have been able to continue on a call like that. I'd be busy driving to BIL's house to kick his ass. After this whole shitshow has settled down.

Goddam.

What in the actual fuck X2? https://twitter.com/i/events/1242481924225896450

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. confirmed that the school will reopen this week despite social distancing guidelines from both the White House and the state of Virginia. "I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together," Falwell said in a statement.
    In other news one of my wife's friends is just out of the hospital after spending several days in intensive care in the Chicago area. She wrote it up on FB and it is a harrowing scary read.

I dunno. We had our first friend text us about her presumed positive over a week ago. And then another, and then this last one which is a confirmed positive since she was close enough to death that she was treated as if she was an elite member of society and actually got a test. All in different states. Once this shit hits your circle it shakes you up.

Some of you guys are smokin crack. Maybe time to take a little break from cnn and facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Saw that, came here to post it. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/li...cid=spartandhp

And meanwhile, Trump wants the economy back open by Easter.

Much as I don't want to wish this virus upon anyone, part of me wants it to tear through Liberty University, and tear through all of Trump country so those tough talkers see first hand how serious it really is. It's easy to say its overblown when it hasn't hit your community yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Cuomo is an idiot. His response has not helped NY in any way. Look at how bad it is there right now....
    Could you please fuck right off troll? Thanks.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

After being in an isolated part of Switzerland for week, then travelling to Zurich via train and from there through Chicago to Seattle, I'm isolated in our sunroom for the next 2 weeks.
    We have enough food stockpiled to avoid going to the store for 2+ weeks.

From what I read, not enough people are taking this seriously.

It's isn't going to kill just old people, there's numerous reports of healthy 20+ year olds in critical condition.

In that light, I'd rather see more leaders react like Cuomo than the way the Trumpists do.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A new paper on Italy indicates before the lockdown on March 8 R0 (R naught, the average number of people who will catch a disease from one contagious person) was 4.04 (90% CI: 4.03-4.05). The lockdown slowed the reproduction rate by 90%.

Simulations show that if the measures continue, the complete fade out of the outbreak in Lombardy is expected to occur by the end of May 2020.

For other countries, the United States, or cities within countries, doubling time is a key metric to consider. You can't say X (New York for example) is doing better or worse without normalizing for time.

For example, Italy's cases are doubling every five days while cases in the U.S. are doubling every three days so even though we have fewer cases/deaths our doubling rate is currently much higher.

"The butterfly effect in chaos theory underscores the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, highlighting the importance of even a small change in the state of a nonlinear system."
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Thanks man. Good post.

I'd also add that for the US, it's important to normalize based on the breadth of testing (maybe relative to the population?). In other words, the steep rise in cases that we've seen in the US data recently is definitely confounded by the similarly steep increase in our rate of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

Much as I don't want to wish this virus upon anyone, part of me wants it to tear through Liberty University, and tear through all of Trump country so those tough talkers see first hand how serious it really is. It's easy to say its overblown when it hasn't hit your community yet.
    I know a couple of folks that attend or have attended Liberty for various reasons, all very liberal. Also plenty of family and friends that are holed up in Trump country just like the rest of us reasonable humans/you enlightened Californians. Don't be a dick.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Fuck yeahs gnarnicorn
    I'm glad you made it back to the fam
    I had some garden seeds for you
    Gyo is gonna be more popular this summer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Think about what’s coming.

NYC will be the first, and worst of it. It’s going to be chaotic, and the media is going to milk it for all it’s worth.

And then, Seattle and SF, LA will get what’s left over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Washington has already flattened the curve in a rather dramatic way. SF/LA/NY not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Fuck yeahs gnarnicorn
    I'm glad you made it back to the fam
    I had some garden seeds for you
    Gyo is gonna be more popular this summer
    Thanks brodacious! We be turning the dirt today in prep for the sowing. ATB to you and yours!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Bang.

Here (east from Sweden) serious measures are being taken at the end of the week.
    ALL restaurants & pubs will be closed until end of May (only take away allowed).
    Largest county (imagine NY+NJ+Washington) will be closed, no-entry/no-exit for the near future. All this on top of the general curfew.

Boom.

Realistic prognosis is that 40-60% of the said establishments will go under before that.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I know a couple of folks that attend or have attended Liberty for various reasons, all very liberal. Also plenty of family and friends that are holed up in Trump country just like you enlightened Californians. Don't be a dick.
    He said part of him, meaning the evil part of him that he knows is wrong but it rears its ugly snake head when you watch a group of ignorant fucks walk headlong into machine gun fire while the rest of us are hunkered down trying not to get shelled. Of course he doesn't want them to get infected and then go on to infect everyone else so he smashes the snake head because logic generally makes being an actual dick counterproductive - especially if you aren't a cultist. Were you equally upset about Trump disgustingly saying sarcastically, 'gee that's too bad' over Romney's quarantine?

Holding class right now is a dick move. Straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dang. Makes it through all that just to effected by some bat eating hillbillies on the other side of the planet. WTF? That sucks.
    As opposed to road kill eating American hillbillies?
    https://pccocwv.com/wv-roadkill-cook-off/

Get over your American Exceptionalism Austin. Especially with your Lt Gov recommending people sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy.
    Fucking Pendejos

that doubling rate of the deaths is what i've been harping on, since the testing is unreliable (for statistical measuring at this point).

and it's slightly more than doubling every three days (or doubling slightly less than every three days). Today's data point looks likely to continue or increase that trend.
    That's why I'm not worried about people going back to work around easter.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    He said part of him, meaning the evil part of him that he knows is wrong but it rears its ugly snake head when you watch a group of ignorant fucks walk headlong into machine gun fire while the rest of us are hunkered down trying not to get shelled. Of course he doesn't want them to get infected and then go on to infect everyone else so he smashes the snake head because logic generally makes being an actual dick counterproductive - especially if you aren't a cultist. Were you equally upset about Trump disgustingly saying sarcastically, 'gee that's too bad' over Romney's quarantine?

Holding class right now is a dick move. Straight up.
    Fallowell made that decision, not entire regions of the country. There are ignorant fucks everywhere, some of them are your neighbors, some are mine. I don't listen to any of them because they're not reasonable people. Evdog is. You can be, sometimes.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Name:  6BBC93E5-8A06-4FED-AB8E-93100988A1ED.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  71.2 KB
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    <snip> Lt Gov recommending people sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy.
    So this would be like Death Panels, right? Or would this all be old people throwing *themselves* on the sword for the good of the economy? Perhaps the the Lt Gov can "be the change he wants to see"?