Page 235 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    So why is "Spanish Flu" = ok, but "Chinese Flu" = not ok? I mean it DID come from there... along with SARS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc.

I mean how many worldwide pandemics can those guys keep kicking off before we can stop having to be so politically correct?

Until the Chinese government is willing to do SOMETHING about their vile "wet markets," then we get to talk some trash, ok?
    swine flu started in mexico.

like this?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...navirus-2020-2
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Not only it came from China, but the black plague originated there too.

Anyway, with the appalling personal hygiene in China, there will be many more diseases that start there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    According to wikipedia plague originated in Kyrgyztan, from where it spread to China. Traces have also been found in prehistoric sites in Sweden. As for the rest of your post--racist bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Coleman’s dry mustard for the rub
    Yeah, I use a lot of yellow mustard to cut BBQ sauce. I am too lazy to make my own sauce and I have a 4 year old and 2 year old. This makes finding a BBQ sauce that isn't "Honey/Sweet" but also not spicy very difficult. I use yellow mustard to add some tang to the sweet sauces and cut down the sweetness a bit.

We don't believe in cooking separate meals for our children and make them eat what we are eating. This results in some compromises in flavors for us while the kiddos are young.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

A reporter just asked trump about "Kung Flu" on live tv.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I like you, so, don't take this personally. Please be a little more sensitive to those of us with cross border families. You really don't know the stress this has been causing, especially today with that vague announcement. I was updated a little while ago that they had been able to cross, so I can breathe a little easier. Now they just need to survive the remaining 8hr drive without getting infected at a random gas or bathroom stop. Thanks for your understanding.
    You will likely all be shelter in place like the Bay Area soon enough. Visiting people in outside your home is how this thing is spreading. You should not be going next door, let alone done the street or across borders. Until y’all get it, it is going to keep spreading. Stop socializing. Stop going to the gym. Stop going out except for essentials. Pretty fucking simple. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Alibaba has a kazillion N95 masks for sale around $1.50.
    Why didn't hospitals see this coming and why don't they buy them from China?
    What’s the delivery date?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    They saw it coming, they didn't see profiteers and preppers buying up the whole US supply is my guess.
    Why not? Do they not understand the sport of American profiteering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That flatline is also assuming the Chinese government is being honest with the public.
    The Chinese numbers should be excluded from any analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Chinese Rat Flu

It’s a good deal

Wife legit ready to buy them for $18 each.

Those sellers should be in jail
    There was no sanitizer on the walgreens truck. I’d imagine, (if someone has a brain) it’s been re appropriated to first responders.

I hope someone has a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The Chinese numbers should be excluded from any analysis.

ya, like when everyone over there was getting sick and trump just scratched his ass and said ‘those chinese, could never happen here’.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That was hilarious.

Rome is burning, people losing jobs, stock market shut down every day to slow crashes, people getting sick and some dying... and “um, shouldn’t we be concerned about offending people?”

We are losing our damned minds.
    I still call it The Jake.

3M had orders from Asia for 100M masks about a month ago. Bet they're still shipping west while Jack Ma's donation comes east.

Gov. Newsome says schools may be closed through the summer. Big surprise. It was obvious when 2 week closures of schools and other institutions and businesses were announced that it was a lie, that the plague wasn't going away in 2 weeks. Maybe leaders thought the public couldn't handle the truth, maybe they were right, but they destroyed their credibility in the process.
    And the next time I hear a talking head on TV tell me to be calm, I'm going to jump through the screen, rip their arm off, and BEAT THEM TO DEATH WITH IT. There, now I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    yeah, what outfit is getting in to waste all of our time with that kind of nonsense? breitbart? daily caller?

eta: even better this was a Trump aide speaking to an asian american reporter that grew up in west virginia.

completely least racist govenment ever!

There was no sanitizer on the walgreens truck. I’d imagine, (if someone has a brain) it’s been re appropriated to first responders.

Is first responders the new code word for the mob/black market?

You will likely all be shelter in place like the Bay Area soon enough. Visiting people in outside your home is how this thing is spreading. You should not be going next door, let alone done the street or across borders. Until y’all get it, it is going to keep spreading. Stop socializing. Stop going to the gym. Stop going out except for essentials. Pretty fucking simple. Just stop.
    Again, you do not know the situation. And yes, we need to stop this from spreading.

Coleman’s dry mustard for the rub
    DINGDINGDING
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

As of 0800 this morning, we as a FD are completely out of the small sized hand sanitizer we put on our trucks....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Wife just paid $300 for 20 masks

Couldn’t talk her off the ledge
    . . .

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...643357696.html

for some scary reading (courtesy of another mag)

"The Imperial College team plugged infection and death rates from China/Korea/Italy into epidemic modeling software and ran a simulation: what happens if the US does absolutely nothing -- if we treat COVID-19 like the flu, go about our business, and let the virus take its course?

Here's what would happen: 80% of Americans would get the disease. 0.9% of them would die. Between 4 and 8 percent of all Americans over the age of 70 would die. 2.2 million Americans would die from the virus itself.

It gets worse. People with severe COVID-19 need to be put on ventilators. 50% of those on ventilators still die, but the other 50% live. But in an unmitigated epidemic, the need for ventilators would be 30 times the number available in the US. Nearly 100% of these patients die.

So the actual death toll from the virus would be closer to 4 million Americans -- in a span of 3 months. 8-15% of all Americans over 70 would die.

How many is 4 million people? It's more Americans than have died all at once from anything, ever. It's the population of Los Angeles. It's 4 times the number of Americans who died in the Civil War...on both sides combined. It's two-thirds as many people as died in the Holocaust.

Americans make up 4.4% of the world's population. If we extrapolate these numbers to the rest of the world (warning: MOE is high here), this gives us 90 million deaths globally from COVID-19, in 3-6 months. 15 Holocausts. 1.5 times as many people as died in all of World War II.

-----

it goes on from there and then models what could happen if we do continue these drastic measures - we still get overwhelmed but just not to the same degree

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    As of 0800 this morning, we as a FD are completely out of the small sized hand sanitizer we put on our trucks....
    Just use yellow mustard!

(J/k, hope you guys find some)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...643357696.html

for some scary reading (courtesy of another mag)

"The Imperial College team plugged infection and death rates from China/Korea/Italy into epidemic modeling software and ran a simulation: what happens if the US does absolutely nothing -- if we treat COVID-19 like the flu, go about our business, and let the virus take its course?
    Since that's already not the case the rest of your post is noise.

Why not? Do they not understand the sport of American profiteering.
    They do now. I bet a million you wouldn't have thought of it happening either.

Remember that meme going around a couple weeks ago with the Chinese guy wearing a maxi pad instead of a mask? My wife has been researching how to make your own masks and she found out the same technology used to make N95 masks is also used for feminine hygiene products, so turns out maybe that guy wasn't so crazy after all!

CVS ceo said they just shipped 100k hand sanitizers. Like that was good.