Page 386 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 41810
    Holy shit, the My Pillow guy is on TV next to Trump. He's talking about strategy or something. Holy Shit.

Edit: He just eliminated a large portion of his potential market by talking about God and announcing his devotion to Trump. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Slippery slope... what are the people who've been depending on that drug to survive for years do when they can no longer source it, or afford it?
    A Woman With Lupus Said Her Health Care Provider Is Stopping Her Chloroquine Prescription And Thanked Her For The “Sacrifice”

"The fact that they thanked me for my 'sacrifice' is disturbing," she told BuzzFeed News. "I never agreed to sacrifice my health and possibly my life and cannot believe that I am being forced to do so."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...us-chloroquine

huckbucket posted a NewYorker article about the history of vaccination, notably small pox. Before modern vaccination, practitioners would purposely infect a person with a small amount of a disease in the hopes they, oftentimes a child, would develop immunity without dying. It was risky, but less risky than becoming infected with a larger dose in the wild.

The technique is called variolation and we no longer do it because even though it saves lives, some smaller percentages of lives are lost due to the "vaccine" itself. However, as we're seeing with health care workers, the greatest risk appears to be proportional with the viral load which is likely proportional with the initial dose. This makes sense because the virus is in a race against your immune system to replicate. Our immune system wins more often when it isn't overwhelmed. SARS severity, for example, had a strong relationship proportional with the initial dose.

So given the best case scenario of a vaccine becoming available in 2021, I think at this point I'd be willing to assume the lower risk of variolation rather than risking catching the full blown disease in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    It's a fairly good bet for CV19 that the severity of disease is proportional to the viral load, but location clearly matters.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 03-30-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This thing moves so quickly. It's exhausting.

https://journals.lww.com/ajg/Documen...G_Preproof.pdf

"In nearly one-quarter of cases stool samples test positive when respiratory samples are negative"

Talk about a nightmare.
    So a negative test requires both a nose swab and a stool sample?
    Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy shit, the My Pillow guy is on TV next to Trump. He's talking about strategy or something. Holy Shit.

Edit: He just eliminated a large portion of his potential market by talking about God and announcing his devotion to Trump. Haha.
    Anyone paying attention has put him on their shit list long before today. They need one of those hooks to pull anyone off stage who starts talking about religion.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    huckbucket posted a NewYorker article about the history of vaccination, notably small pox. Before modern vaccination, practitioners would purposely infect a person with a small amount of a disease in the hopes they, oftentimes a child, would develop immunity without dying. It was risky, but less risky than becoming infected with a larger dose from coming into contact with a sick person.

The technique is called variolation and we no longer do it because even though it saves lives, some smaller percentages of lives are lost due to the "vaccine" itself.
    I, and a few other old geezers, er "Seasoned Veterans" on this board will recall our moms taking us to visit the houses of kids who had chickenpox and measles. Maybe mumps too, don't recall...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I, and a few other old geezers, er "Seasoned Veterans" on this board will recall our moms taking us to visit the houses of kids who had chickenpox and measles. Maybe mumps too, don't recall...
    George-mutha-f'n-Washington used variolation at Valley Forge to save the Continental Army from a smallpox outbreak.

Also, sort of related is a correlation between countries with mandatory Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) childhood vaccination and reduced morbidity and mortality for COVID-19. That might explain why countries like Japan are seeing fewer deaths. Although it's not clear if it's the vaccine or whether it's social norms involving following government infectious disease mandates, like social distancing, versus countries with anti-vaxx movements like Italy who flaunted the rules during the epidemics early stages:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...937v1.full.pdf

I'm not quite that old...

What are the best mask for people with long beards?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Are the US new case and death graphs starting t bend down just the teeniest eensiest bit? Or wishful thinking. Too soon to say.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    What are the best mask for people with long beards?
    There ain't none. In this case your beard is a liability. Shave or die.

Under "Study Highlights" the section "What is new here" is important, and it's accessible for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Are the US new case and death graphs starting t bend down just the teeniest eensiest bit? Or wishful thinking. Too soon to say.
    It is going to explode this week as more testing becomes available. The numbers are all bullshit. The only reliable one is maybe deaths.

Well, those are log scales.

So no. They aren’t really.
    focus.

Deaths are kinda wobbling a little, hard to say. Good graphs/charts here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Back to work tomorrow. Under normal circumstances WFH would be awesome, but right now, F that. Took a week of being symptom free for them to allow me back in the office. Meanwhile I've been in the field on nights still taking tickets and whatnot. Shits a joke.

Arizona stay at home order goes into effect tomorrow at 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The numbers are all bullshit. The only reliable one is maybe deaths.
    This

Deaths and diagnosed cases are probably pretty accurate but I'm sure undiagnosed cases way outnumber diagnosed ones.

Yeah, there's skepticism about deaths too because some countries have seen a substantial increase in deaths due to pneumonia for example, but not attributed to COVID-19. It's either coincidence, undercounting, or people are dying sooner of other natural causes because of the pandemic:

https://pandemic.substack.com/p/the-...-undercounting

Hmmm?

https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/12...968198145?s=21

Intermountain Healthcare is cutting pay for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants during the #coronavirus outbreak, which an administrator said in a message sent to staff last week is financially necessary amid “the changing needs.”
    Last edited by klauss; 03-30-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Hydroxychloroquine approved by FDA for emergency use.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...n-chloroquine/

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    huckbucket posted a NewYorker article about the history of vaccination, notably small pox. Before modern vaccination, practitioners would purposely infect a person with a small amount of a disease in the hopes they, oftentimes a child, would develop immunity without dying. It was risky, but less risky than becoming infected with a larger dose from coming into contact with a sick person.

The technique is called variolation and we no longer do it because even though it saves lives, some smaller percentages of lives are lost due to the "vaccine" itself. However, as we're seeing with health care workers, the greatest risk appears to be proportional with the viral load which is likely proportional with the initial dose. This makes sense because the virus is in a race against your immune system to replicate. Our immune system wins more often when it isn't overwhelmed. SARS severity, for example, had a strong relationship proportional with the initial dose.

So given the best case scenario of a vaccine becoming available in 2021, I think at this point I'd be willing to assume the lower risk of variolation rather than risking catching the full blown disease itself in the meantime.
    Great book:
    https://www.amazon.com/Speckled-Mons.../dp/0452285070
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Looking at the graphs it occurs to me--is it possible that only some people have a receptor for covid19 or are otherwise able to replicate it? Could the flattening of the curves we see across the board be due to the virus running out of susceptible victims much faster than could be explained by herd immunity, rather than due to the effectiveness of the public health measures taken. Could the susceptibility vary between different ethnic populations? If this is the case for coronaviruses it might explain the vanishing of SARS and MERS--very few people had the receptor and because of the lethality of the viruses they ran out of victims before they could spread outside their places of origin. Given how much is already known about how coronaviruses work I would assume that that hypothesis would already be proven if it were true, so just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Am I reading this right that a sole proprietor can get an 8 week forgivable loan for lease and utilities?

https://www.uschamber.com/sites/defa...al_revised.pdf
    Not just for lease/utilities. Primary intent is for businesses to either maintain payroll or in the case of a SP, remain in business.

Lots of stipulations but I plan to file and see what happens.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Meanwhile, the virus is depriving us of our right to vodka that fights climate change;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/c...gtype=Homepage