Page 190 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 41810
    Questions, I have so many.....

If states/the country goes into lock down does that mean the mail stops? I'm assuming no newspaper (yes, I'm old and I still like a physical paper). What about my Chewy and Amazon deliveries? Can I drive from W2 to Seattle?

Thoughts?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

If states/the country goes into lock down does that mean the mail stops? I'm assuming no newspaper (yes, I'm old and I still like a physical paper). What about my Chewy and Amazon deliveries? Can I drive from W2 to Seattle?

Thoughts?
    First rule of martial law is to stop asking questions.

Check your county govt website for information

Both my girl's daughters are back in Alaska from their snooty EC schools. Oldest works for Chubb while she finishes her senior year. She'll be doing it from AK for the foreseeable future.
    I still have 2x1st class tickets to The Big Apple for her commencement...3 weeks ago Bumfuque, Alaska was the last place she wanted to be.

My mother, otoh, is recalcitrant and almost impossible to communicate with. Prickly. Knows everything. Won't let anyone finish a sentence, much less a thought.
    She's stressed and feeling powerless and getting the bit in her teeth... but Ugh she's hard to take for long...

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    First rule of martial law is to stop asking questions.
    Probably better for me if I don't ask questions. I will admit to a momentary break down this morning but I buckled down put on Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey and baked some Morning Glory muffins. Next up, a big ol' pot of Posole.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Schools in VT closing Wed (WTF???) through April 6.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Wouldn't a dispute with your credit card company take care of the issue of getting a refund?
    No. Disputes are for fraud (simple) or if you didn’t get what you paid for according to the contract/agreement (higher bar). The fine print will matter, here.
    focus.

Thoughts?
    It will be different than lockdowns in Europe because we don’t have the population density.

Like only letting a certain amount of people in a grocery store at a time. You’ll have to get yourself there and drive presumably because public transportation will stop... right?

Think about the people living off grid out in the sticks in tree houses somewhere or in a desert shack who are about to emerge in the spring to go get their bag of rice from town or some shit. And everything is closed and armed dudes are around? Maybe? Could be weird for some folks...

Fucking federal reserve is the first thing out of mouth???

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    As I said earlier, please do NOT call 911 or self-report to the ED with flu-like symptoms. Stay at home and self-monitor. If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (shortness of breath, cyanosis, tightness in the chest), then activate 911.
    This cannot be stressed enough. I am an EMT in Boulder and we are seeing the uptick as well. Frankly, unless you are suffering from the above, we can't help, the hospital can't help, etc. All you are doing is burning resources and putting a responder at risk. Stay home, chill, read a book, crush Netflix (Friday Night Lights is the best TV series ever) and wash your damn hands. Please, tell your friends to not call 911 unless they have serious breathing issues.

Stay safe everyone.

Wow sounds like the nearly $1k we've spent stocking up isn't enough. I only have beer for 2-3 days and am about to run out of weed. Someone help on the weed! I haven't known anyone local in the longest time and can't get a med card Hopefully it doesn't shut down and I can get up to Mass in the morning otherwise I'm gonna kill one of my kids

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fucking federal reserve is the first thing out of mouth???
    Holy fuck.

That presser was a new low for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Big lines at the weed store when I drove by

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Big lines at the weed store when I drove by
    Yeah and the nearest one to me is 90 miles away in another state. I'm thinking leave home 3 hours before they open.

well thank doG the people on Wall street are happy

He said stop hoarding food, everything will be alright.

Time to hit the store again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://youtu.be/Vg_wlb9WCeI

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Those people behind him look tense and tired

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah and the nearest one to me is 90 miles away in another state. I'm thinking leave home 3 hours before they open.
    Maybe you already knew this— a bunch of them have the option to order online beforehand which puts you in a shorter line, if any to pick up

I would love to hear their thoughts while trump is speaking.

Probably better for me if I don't ask questions. I will admit to a momentary break down this morning but I buckled down put on Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey and baked some Morning Glory muffins. Next up, a big ol' pot of Posole.
    Any way to start gardening yet? I sure am. Thinking a lot about rereading Candide too. Or Aubrey/Maturin, again.

Angela Merkel let slip that, if unchecked, Germany could expect 70% infection rates.
    We can't have that.
    So we'll have to shut down and isolate before 1% of us is infected. Like Italy, or worse.
    No factory hum if workers have to go home. No highways unless you are truck with recent negative test, or on your way to build a hospital or engineer a vaccine.

Nephew graduated Georgia Southern a few years ago, BA in Logistics. Plays golf with his boss, the CEO of Napa Auto Parts [a logistics and engineering company that sells auto parts and franchises].
    N'pew told me last week to prep and hoard, because supply chains "are fucked, and getting fuckeder"...Ordered some shit from 'Zon yesterday. All of it in stock. April 21 delivery. That's 5 weeks from now...

I went to our local store today, no bread or buns of any kind, no eggs, only the weirdest or nastiest of soup left, rice and pasta completely gone, fruit picked over and only crappy stuff left, didn’t even check bottled water or toilet paper, hand sanitizer and bleach products of any kind sporting empty shelves.

If a full quarantine is announced people will lose their minds and the real supermarket brawls will start. I’d suggest topping off your supplies now.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Any way to start gardening yet? I sure am. Thinking a lot about rereading Candide too. Or Aubrey/Maturin, again.

Angela Merkel let slip that, if unchecked, Germany could expect 70% infection rates.
    We can't have that.
    So we'll have to shut down and isolate before 1% of us is infected. Like Italy, or worse.
    No factory hum if workers have to go home. No highways unless you are truck with recent negative test, or on your way to build a hospital or engineer a vaccine.

Nephew graduated Georgia Southern a few years ago, BA in Logistics. Plays golf with his boss, the CEO of Napa Auto Parts [a logistics and engineering company that sells auto parts and franchises].
    N'pew told me last week to prep and hoard, because supply chains "are fucked, and getting fuckeder"...
    We've got snow on the ground so no gardening but I'm baking/cooking and can do some felting, reading and ride my horse along the river.

Re: supply chain - Pence just said we have the best in the world and that there will always be plenty for everyone so please only buy for a week at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I went to our local store today, no bread or buns of any kind, no eggs, only the weirdest or nastiest of soup left, rice and pasta completely gone, fruit picked over and only crappy stuff left, didn’t even check bottled water or toilet paper, hand sanitizer and bleach products of any kind sporting empty shelves.

If a full quarantine is announced people will lose their minds and the real supermarket brawls will start. I’d suggest topping off your supplies now.

Funny the shelves that were empty at the store I frequent. Produce, meats and dairy are great. Flour and sugar are decimated (on the regular aisle - organic section was good). Lots of TP. No rubbing alcohol, thermometers or hand sanitizer.

Oatmeal was sparse too - Quaker, not Bobs

And too close together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I'm curious, if an oldster in the USA with no health insurance shows up at the hospital with covid19 and should be admitted, will they be turned away and told to go home and self isolate (die) or will they be admitted and financially fucked? Is your goverment doing anything to help its people financially?
    The deal is basically they have to treat you until you’re medically stable.
    Then you get the $100,000 bill