Page 88 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 41810
    This pork bun is just bready bullshit. N Terminal Vietnamese. Meh.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

When the Spanish flu mutated that’s when it killed millions.
    watch out for snakes

The number of people we have to remind to wash their hands is sad.
    My buddy does IT for a chain of big rig dealers/servicers. He said the truckers never seem to wash their hands. They just transport everything everywhere, I guess. Ugh.
    My mom has gone full Mom. Woman is making ME nervous and I'm generally pretty level. Doesn't help that my dad is sitting in a non earthquake retrofitted hospital in Berkeley where there has been at least one case. Hopefully we bring him home tomorrow and surround the house with tripwired Lysol.
    Hopefully the SEA to SFO flight is also half empty.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Coronavirus Has Mutated at Least Once, Second Strain Detected

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...detected-study

But all the resident fearmongers said this wasn’t possible!

Color me surprised. ��♂️
    Noone said it wasn't possible. It was reported here about 5 pages ago. Does your stupidity have bounds?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Office got told to work from home until 25th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Same here. Perfect timing!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Sounds like its time to add a little booze to yer lunches boys.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    One less person to clog up my commute from Issaquah . Traffic is getting better every day.

In all seriousness, I am slightly concerned about the spread of this in public schools as I don't want my son getting this. He's outside of the "statistics" for severity due to pre-existing conditions, so I would like it if he didn't catch this virus. Aggressive hand washing and "de-germing" before entering the house after work has been my daily routine for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    is something magical supposed to happen on the 25th?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    is something magical supposed to happen on the 25th?
    Yes, SANTA COMES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This sandwich bar is the fucking shit. Everything is great, especially their jack and coke slushies on a hot day.

https://www.vicsandwich.com

“The Beeter” is their take on a veggie Reuben where they make pastrami seasoned roasted beets, white kimchi for the sauerkraut and a spicy Thai mayo for the 1000 island - on rye of course.

Attachment 318956
    The HAN CHOLO
    I want
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Noone said it wasn't possible. It was reported here about 5 pages ago. Does your stupidity have bounds?
    Yea I know.

... and I got a whole lotta shit for saying mutation it’s typical in viruses.

If fact I provided links to information from reputable sources on the mutation in influenza, corona and rhino.

But- Instead of a enlightened discussion on viral mutation I got insulted for pages and told I was a moron in numerious inventive ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The HAN CHOLO
    I want
    That's another good one. The pickled red onions also go in the Bahn Appetite for Destruction; I could eat em by the handful.

I'm thinking once all this blows over we all gather for a boozy sandwich party down here in the warm sun.

Which will also be convenient because Jack Farless says this virus can't stand warm weather.

Or good sandwiches.

Yea I know.

... and I got a whole lotta shit for saying mutation it’s typical in viruses.

If fact I got insulted for pages and told I was a moron in numerious inventive ways.
    Unless you're a virologist or provide a link to the primary data, you should follow Juergen Klopp's advice and shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Unless you're a virologist or provide a link to the primary data, you should follow Juergen Klopp's advice and shut the fuck up.

Sorry forgot to send the edit above and it was late...

I provided links to information from reputable sources on the mutation in influenza, corona and rhino.

But- Instead of a enlightened discussion on viral mutation I got insulted for pages and told I was a moron in numerious inventive ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That's another good one. The pickled red onions also go in the Bahn Appetite for Destruction; I could eat em by the handful.

I'm thinking once all this blows over we all gather for a boozy sandwich party down here in the warm sun.

Which will also be convenient because Jack Farless says this virus can't stand warm weather.

Or good sandwiches.
    I m in for a TRG party.

Pretty sure that’s true for most viruses.... mutation and all that.
    Yea it’s just like most other cold/flu when it comes to mutation. You get it over and over due to mutation.

KQs post is little more than fear mongering.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art.../#!po=0.505051
    Refresher.

“Four coronaviruses, HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, and HCoV-HKU1 circulate in the human population and collectively they are responsible for a significant percentage of the common cold as well as more severe respiratory disease in vulnerable populations”

Good read.

Titled-

Receptor-binding loops in alphacoronavirus adaptation and evolution

Abstract-

RNA viruses are characterized by a high mutation rate, a buffer against environmental change. Nevertheless, the means by which random mutation improves viral fitness is not well characterized. Here we report the X-ray crystal structure of the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the human coronavirus, HCoV-229E, in complex with the ectodomain of its receptor, aminopeptidase N (APN). Three extended loops are solely responsible for receptor binding and the evolution of HCoV-229E and its close relatives is accompanied by changing loop–receptor interactions. Phylogenetic analysis shows that the natural HCoV-229E receptor-binding loop variation observed defines six RBD classes whose viruses have successively replaced each other in the human population over the past 50 years. These RBD classes differ in their affinity for APN and their ability to bind an HCoV-229E neutralizing antibody. Together, our results provide a model for alphacoronavirus adaptation and evolution based on the use of extended loops for receptor binding.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-01706-x
    I guess this is more up to the standard in here....

Why don't people become immune to the flu?

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/q...une-to-the-flu

Not sure why but some normal tests I just had done are taking 3-4 weeks to get results. I have to schedule some other procedures based on results of this one, which would normally take about 5-7 days.

Domino effect from additional normal flu testing? Or just a random backup at the lab?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Did steep just step out of a time machine?

Virus mutation was first discussed on day three of this thread. For the record, steep got a whole lotta shit for trying to argue: since coronaviruses mutate SARS2 is just like every other coronavirus and therefore not novel at all. The shit is for the fallacy, not the whole mutation thing.

The fake news about nobody knowing viruses mutate is fake. The whole world knows. There's even an open data implementation of the genomic epidemiology for the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2:

https://nextstrain.org/ncov

Steep lives in a world where he is smart and special and an expert on just about everything. In this world he reads Nature as it’s a “quick, relaxing, easy read“. He is the renaissance gentleman farmer.

Unfortunately for him this world he lives in is not earth. And is not based in reality.

“ FWIW- Many common colds (rhino) lead up phenomena. As does this influenza. Is this worse? We don’t know.”

Steep you got slapped around in here because you’re an idiot that doesn’t know what the fuck he is talking about. You bring a level of discourse here worthy of a 5th grader. Which is probably when you peaked intellectually. Vibes for your family and coworkers.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Steep lives in a world where he is smart and special and an expert on just about everything. In this world he reads Nature as it’s a “quick, relaxing, easy read“. He is the renaissance gentleman farmer.

Unfortunately for him this world he lives in is not earth. And is not based in reality.

“ FWIW- Many common colds (rhino) lead up phenomena. As does this influenza. Is this worse? We don’t know.”

Steep you got slapped around in here because you’re an idiot that doesn’t know what the fuck he is talking about. You bring a level of discourse here worthy of a 5th grader. Which is probably when you peaked intellectually. Vibes for your family and coworkers.
    That whole post is savage but the renaissance gentleman farmer had me squirting water and COVID-19 viral particles out of my nose. Gold.

This thread is like the coronavirus, it's the gift that keeps giving.

We've got about 13 vet externs traveling here for the next 6 weeks, most of them from UC Davis. Shit is about to get real. Good thing I accidentally ordered 2 extra cases of toilet paper two weeks ago for the office.

Steep ... your links reflect a level of understanding that is only superficial. Coupled with the fact that you're not a virologist, you definitely should just shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can hear some numb nut coughing probably 20 feet away from me here at work. What kind of moran would come to work with a cough right now? Simply irresponsible.
    A Moran whose marriage is shaky and paying off a mortgage and two car leases?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Everyone currently on the road was told to buy the next available flight home for fear of people being stuck away from home.
    That's the thing. It's like the financial markets in 08, when money froze, and people didnt want to get caught in some bad place. To tell you the truth, I'd be thinking seriously of a Euro ski flight right now and take my chances, but no way I want to be quarantined.