Page 419 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 41810

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post

Just throwin' it out there. Useless? Useful? Go ahead, flame away.
    Use of vader mask seems highly recommended for reminding others to keep an anti-social distance from you. Appearance is key. I'd black out the tape a little so it looks like a Halloween mask from a distance and anyone close enough to see bright tape colors coming through will know they're dealing with a home-made mask wearer. Set off their spidey sense.

My first thought was coffee filters and I noticed I wasn't alone so just FYI, coffee filters probably aren't very effective: they allow particles through that are 100x larger than the virus and aren't very "fluffy" which means poor ratio of air flow to opportunistic particle capture (IOW a higher flow material at the same pore size might be better since you could use more layers). Filter efficiency is a spectrum, so most types will catch at least some particles that are smaller than their largest pore. To put a finer point on it, mofro has stated they are using 0.2 micrometer filters with the virus, which is about 0.125 (plus moisture if it's in a droplet, which can be huge). n95 masks are only tested down to 0.3, but are still pretty effective going a little smaller--just probably not 95%. But I would only use coffee filters as a pre-filter if you're trying to protect an n95 (or better) from clogging with large dust particles (nice for volcanic ash). This is not definitive; take the ramblings of some random goon on the internet FWIW etc. But please use dual GoPros and post footy.

I'll apologize ahead of time for promoting on this site, but speaking of making masks...

As you all can imagine the stripper community has been hit hard by social distancing. Many of them have a kid to support, exacerbated by a father who's been social distancing from the kid since they were born.

To help out this community of hard working young ladies, I've set up a donation service which collects used undergarments from strippers which I sew into masks. If anyone is interested, I'll set up a thread similar to the one we do each fall for the Intuition pre-buy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'll apologize ahead of time for promoting on this site, but speaking of making masks...

As you all can imagine the stripper community has been hit hard by social distancing. Many of them have a kid to support, exacerbated by a father who's been social distancing from the kid since they were born.

To help out this community of hard working young ladies, I've set up a donation service which collects used undergarments from strippers which I sew into masks. If anyone is interested, I'll set up a thread similar to the one we do each fall for the Intuition pre-buy.
    Dude, you’re trying too hard. You should try reading it out loud first, and then you might realize how crappy your jokes are. Yer shit is weak.
    So. Much. Fail.
    crab in my shoe mouth

What are you doing to help out? Just sitting in the house your wife paid for and smoking weed?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What are you doing to help out? Just sitting at home and smoking weed?
    Nothing worse than a hack who thinks his shit is funny.

Do you like fish sticks?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    So I ducked out for a few days and we're 100 pages later. What did I miss?
    Short straw syndrome.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Trump administration ended pandemic early-warning program to detect coronaviruses:

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...uses-detection
    Dennis Carroll, a widely respected scientist who headed USAID’s emerging threats division, oversaw the initiative for its duration, but retired around the time it was shut down. Carroll did not respond to an inquiry from The Times, but told the New York Times last year that by January 2019, the program had “essentially collapsed into hibernation,” and that its conclusion was due to “the ascension of risk-averse bureaucrats.”
    This isn't the first, or last we will hear of how the ball was completely dropped leading to this pandemic that brought the world to its knees. Question is, will anyone be held accountable at any time in the future?

Medical pros are worried the new test kits being distributed are throwing too many false negatives
    https://apple.news/Ao3RJQk5_T9WTzYy_W9uZNw

I was an early bc skier in this shitshow but stepping away while covfefe19 virus tightens on Utah. Will reevaluate when we start getting good signals here locally. Been catching the daily briefings by Sherbert and Spencer Cox. I'm a big Huntsmanjr guy in the govvy race but I like what Im seeing out of Cox. They are data driven and moving quickly involved in our supply chain to keep it coming since we are ahhhhsential. Im experied emt cert lotsa hazmat emergency response FEMA incident command cert my daughter almost 18 has almost emt cert will get it early may although done all the training. We called the local FD and put our names on a volley list and werent the first. The told me to call the PD so I'm on their volley list too. I'm healthy with PPE we have two different old folk couples on the street without family nearby and are now combining their grocery runs with ours. Cant do much about the macro so focusing on the micro is where it's at yall.

Social dogstancing with three public school teachers yesterday all of us in masks. The workload they are pulling is ridiculous right now. Thank a teacher when you get a chance...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_162036.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	323440
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    "acting navy secretary" was more then happy to carry it out.... Say what heppened to the confirmed navy secretary? Oh, wait... Nvrmnd....

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Captain of one of the worlds most powerful ships advertises that it is not combat ready, and you are surprised he is relieved?

I’ll take a gamble and say he violated regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What are you doing to help out? Just sitting in the house your wife paid for and smoking weed?
    Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Medical pros are worried the new test kits being distributed are throwing too many false negatives
    https://apple.news/Ao3RJQk5_T9WTzYy_W9uZNw
    We retest when we have clinical suspicion, a negative test, and no other test explains the patient condition.

67% it pretty shit sensitivity for a PCR. (false neg)
    Specificity is good.

I've heard the rapid antibody tests have terrible sensitivity and specificity... like 50/50.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Huh, I just learned where those stupid beaked masks that you see in cheezy souvenir stands in Venice came from. That, and country mansions.

https://quillette.com/2020/03/28/soc...e-black-death/

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The Captain of one of the worlds most powerful ships advertises that it is not combat ready, and you are surprised he is relieved?

[/url]

https://twitter.com/ConsWahoo/status...79067637587968

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/st...43872402313217

Wow, your president just asked 3m to stop shipping n95s to Canada and Latin America.

Guess it’s not a hoax after all.

He did. And should be removed. And he did the right thing. Hopefully his crew will be allowed to quarantine their sick so the rest of the boat does not get infected. When you try to run things up the hierarchy, and they fail you, you take measure outside of that. His career is shot. But the men and women under him now have a chance to not go down with the ship.

Did you think it would have been better for him to keep his mouth shut and have the entire crew infected in the next week?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id resent that remark
    but my work at home spanser just told me to get the fuck outta her house and take her damn dog social distance fishing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Yep, he knew he was toast but figured it was worth it to save the men serving under him.

Captain Crozier! Captain Crozier!': Videos show sailors sending off ousted USS Roosevelt commander with cheers

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/capt...heers-1.624732

https://www.facebook.com/1093930141/...6506735516262/

https://www.facebook.com/1093930141/...6506735516262/

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    He did. And should be removed. And he did the right thing. Hopefully his crew will be allowed to quarantine their sick so the rest of the boat does not get infected. When you try to run things up the hierarchy, and they fail you, you take measure outside of that. His career is shot. But the men and women under him now have a chance to not go down with the ship.

Did you think it would have been better for him to keep his mouth shut and have the entire crew infected in the next week?
    I think Chester Nimitz is rolling in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    id resent that remark
    but my work at home spanser just told me to get the fuck outta her house and take her damn dog social distance fishing
    ha - you are a lucky dude

I think Chester Nimitz is rolling in his grave.

what the fuck does that mean?

wow, you know who chester nimitz is - we bow to your intellect

Name:	20200321_162154.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	761.3 KB 
ID:	323452

Name:	20200321_165431.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	323453
    Your too late. Been doing this for a while now.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Craig Alan Wilkins, An open letter to the president

Dear Fucking Lunatic,
    At your recent press conference - more a word salad that had a stroke and fell down stairs, you were CLEARLY so out of your depth you needed scuba gear. Within minutes of going off air your minions were backpedaling faster than Cirque De Soliel acrobats... In India a week ago, i couldn’t get past the bit about your being the most popular visitor in the history of fucking india — a country of a BILLION human souls that’s only 3000 years old, give or take.!!! Trust me - Gandhi pulled CROWDS.. You pulled a cricket stadium and half WALKED out...
    Do you know how fucking insane you sound, you off-brand butt plug? That's like the geopolitical equivalent of “that stripper really likes me” — only 10,000 times crazier and less self aware.
    You are fucking exhausting. Every day is a natural experiment in determining how long 300 million people can resist coring out their own assholes with an ice auger. Every time I hear a snippet of your Queens-tinged banshee larynx farts, I want to scream!
    We are fucking tired. As bad as we all thought your presidency would be when Putin got you elected, it’s been inestimably worse.
    You called a hostile, nuclear-armed head of state “short and fat.” How the fuck does that help?
    You accused a woman — a former friend, no less — of showing up at your resort bleeding from the face and begging to get in. You, you, YOU — the guy who looks like a Christmas haggis inexplicably brought to life by Frosty’s magic hat — yes, you of all people said that.
    You attempted — with evident fucking glee — to get 24 million people thrown off their health insurance.
    You gave billions away to corporations and the already wealthy while simultaneously telling struggling poor people that you were doing exactly the opposite.
    You endorsed a pedophile, praised brutal dictators, and defended LITERAL FUCKING NAZIS!
    Ninety-nine percent of everything you say is either false, crazy, incoherent, just plain cruel, or a rancid paella of all four.
    Oh, by the way, Puerto Rico is still FUBAR. You got yourself and your family billions in tax breaks for Christmas. What do they get? More paper towels?
    Enough, enough, enough, enough! For the love of God and all that is holy, good, and pure, would you please, finally and forever, shut your feculent KFC-hole until you have something valuable — or even marginally civil — to say?
    You are a fried dick sandwich with a side of schlongs. If chlamydia and gonorrhea had a son, you’d appoint him HHS secretary. You are a disgraceful, pustulant hot stew full of casuistry, godawful ideas, unintelligible non sequiturs, and malignant rage.
    You are the perfect circus orangutan diaper from Plato’s World of Forms.
    So fuck you mr. president. And fuck you forever.
    Oh, and Pence, you oleaginous house ferret. Fuck you, too. You'll be as useful as a chocolate teapot against a medical crisis you Bible thumping cock socket.”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident