Page 458 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    People continue to read what they want to read and make it fit their own views. The last 4 pages have made that abundantly clear. Painfully obvious the one sided view of some. Individuals on both the far left and far right continue to show their bias and inability to think on their own.
    You know, you make a lot of statements like this but never provide any examples or make any effort to rebut what was said. It makes for a less than strong argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Zero chance CV-19 was created in a lab.
    Agreed.

From posts in the past I think Buster just means he was a stereotypical corporate shitbird who's now trying to sanitize his legacy through philanthropy--which of course is a long and proud American tradition.
    It's a little more personal than that.

It is interesting to compare the Gates annual giving to their accumulated wealth. Be sure to run the same ratio for yourself.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'd sure take him now. Or Jr. or Bubba. Or hell, even you, and I don't know you.
    my reply to Gretch on March 25. I still stand by it. Gretch for President (so long as he replaces Trump)!

Gretchen if you really believed in all the broad claims you're making about Trump you'd hang out in Polyass where it's not just about pandemic response. Something tells me you won't (mostly your goalpost moving and lack of actual examples to back up your claims)

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Sorry if already mentioned:

Today’s update to healthdata.org includes modeling output for different countries, including Sweden.
    If I understood correctly that chart & UI, the estimation for "Sweden" was on (7th April) 67, Swedish government just announced 114 (DN.se).
    So, about 60% increase from yesterday (77)?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You know, you make a lot of statements like this but never provide any examples or make any effort to rebut what was said. It makes for a less than strong argument.
    its not really an argument as much as an attempt for the person making the statement to position themselves as “reasonable”, and showcases their laziness. It’s the same with the stupid “the truth is in the middle” dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    D=December the month is was discovered
    On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan, China. The name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.
    Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The United States is among the most technologically advanced countries in the world, was oceans away from the epidemics epicenter, had more time to prepare, and just a few years ago was the world leader in epidemic response. It didn’t have to be this way:

- The failure to test passengers on a quarantined cruise ship
    - More than two months spent telling the American public COVID-19 was no worse than the flu
    - Telling public-health officials to keep their mouths shut
    - Lying about the stock market, telling Americans to buy at the peak
    - The travel ban that wasn't a travel ban
    - Later, air travelers told to return home and then forced to stand in line among the infected
    - The failure to renew key contracts for the storage of protective medical gear
    - The failure to address panic-buying of medical gear
    - Not marshaling a national supply chain until months later
    - Governors in red states who kept beaches open along with Mardi Gras took direction from Trump
    - States bidding against other states for equipment
    - Apportioning federal aid based political consideration and praise
    - The firing of competent people, and filling those positions with nonexperts
    - Firing top level coordinators, and then the executive level failure to coordinate the CDC, FDA, HHS
    - Putting Jared Kushner in charge of government coordination

Denial was, and in many ways is, Trump's unofficial policy. All of this is fed by the swing from civic responsibility to abject nihilism by a person who cares above all else about protecting his ego.

So while it's true governments often fail to prepare, in the past they quickly rose to the occasion.
    John Bel Edwards is a republican? Who knew?

It takes 3 months for the most well funded department known for its logistics capability to start a war when there's political consensus. Imagine responding to a new infectious disease with differing scientific opinions driving the response type.

A national stay at home order requires exactly ZERO logistics. That would have been the most effective move.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Messaging and public trust matters most in the the early stages of an epidemic. Even baring a national stay at home order, urging Americans to take the danger seriously in the beginning would have improved our situation today.

Meanwhile, debased lives in an imaginary world where no other developed country hastened their response. No other country began stockpiling medical equipment. No other country began stripping away regulatory barriers. No other country began planning for massive unemployment.

do political rallies and golf trips and media denial of a problem and dismantling of response teams improve or worsen that "3 months to respond" timeline...

shit with that being true we should just fire all the military and just rehire them down the road when they are needed. Think of the money saved! KAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Gretchen if you really believed in all the broad claims you're making about Trump you'd hang out in Polyass where it's not just about pandemic response. Something tells me you won't (mostly your goalpost moving and lack of actual examples to back up your claims)
    Again....you don't read. I made the claim that Trump was elected President of the United States and therefore, you can't claim that he has failed at every single thing in life. Broad sweeping statements are never a good idea, and I have made none. If you take notice, I use a lot of "many, a good portion, most" and very rarely use words like "all, every."

So far I count that I made a comment that his trade agreements have been positive, he isn't a complete failure at life when using traditionally American defined "success."

My goodness, I will just stop. Never thought TGR would turn into Facebook. Pretty obvious the extreme left here is just as dense as the extreme right on Facebook.

Also, why would you assume my name is Gretchen? Don't answer...doesn't matter. You seem to make a lot of assumptions.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Messaging and public trust matters most in the the early stages of an epidemic. Even baring a national stay at home order, urging Americans to take the danger seriously in the beginning would have improved our situation today.

Meanwhile, debased lives in an imaginary world where no other developed country hastened their response. No other country began stockpiling medical equipment. No other country began stripping away regulatory barriers. No other country began planning for massive unemployment.
    American Exceptionalism’s Achilles heel, IMO
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There’s a huge reefer at my local hospital.

Shits unreal
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    It takes 3 months for the most well funded department known for its logistics capability to start a war when there's political consensus. Imagine responding to a new infectious disease with differing scientific opinions driving the response type.
    I've got to think this is a hugely different scenario from starting a military land campaign where men, materiel and supply chains all need to be in place. So far the logistical effort has been to move supplies to places where they are needed. This should take a lot less than three months to accomplish.

If you don't consider being elected president of the United States as a success, you are lying to yourself. To be clear, I said it was moronic to say that "Trump has failed at everything in life." Also, yes, being elected President is probably a greater single accomplishment then any career accomplishment any mag has accomplished.
    One word....hyperbole.

Sure that is a big accomplishment, but Trump won the presidency in spite of himself and by taking advantage of a perfect storm of circumstances, not because he is talented or skilled or really did much right himself. Someone who started with nothing, overcame obstacles and built something great are a much greater success IMO. Trump started out with Daddy's money and has bungled way too many things along the way. 90% of people on TGR could do a better job than him in business or as President.

People continue to read what they want to read and make it fit their own views. The last 4 pages have made that abundantly clear. Painfully obvious the one sided view of some. Individuals on both the far left and far right continue to show their bias and inability to think on their own.

If you interpreted what I said as holding up Trump as some great person that should be worshiped, you are a fool. If you don't consider being elected president of the United States as a success, you are lying to yourself. To be clear, I said it was moronic to say that "Trump has failed at everything in life." Also, yes, being elected President is probably a greater single accomplishment then any career accomplishment any mag has accomplished.

Anyhow, carry on.
    he is a terrible president who was not a businessman but a real estate developer - aka dirt pimp

an ex girl friend's father did business with the trump organization in the eighties and nineties - her dad despised them. he worked for an insurance company and they invested in real estate to diversify their portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Your assessment is correct, but the same could be said for many politicians including the kennedy's and bush family. The old saying of behind every great fortune is a great crime, is as old as America. Many of the so called rich people we hold in regard for some odd reason are total shit bags. Bill Gates is tempered now but in his youth he was a ball breaking manipulative little shit who trounced and stole technology. Same could be said of the Zuck. You don't rise to a high level of prominence in America without being a cunt.
    bill gates gave back

trump doesn't donate a dime

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    One word....hyperbole.

Sure that is a big accomplishment, but Trump won the presidency in spite of himself and by taking advantage of a perfect storm of circumstances, not because he is talented or skilled or really did much right himself. Someone who started with nothing, overcame obstacles and built something great are a much greater success IMO. Trump started out with Daddy's money and has bungled way too many things along the way. 90% of people on TGR could do a better job than him in business or as President.
    you forgot hillary got three million more votes

fuck you electoral college

Winning the EC -- while losing the popular vote by 3 million -- by running as a compulsive lying divisive demagogic xenophobe?

The history books will decide whether Trump achieved success as POTUS. I suggest taking the short position on that.

The virus has infiltrated my local city council.
    Shits gettin real iceman.

Since this thread has gone totally pollyasshat, Trump didn't get himself elected, Steve Bannon did. Trump just spewed bullshit for months are idiots lapped it up. His campaign was a joke, his stump speech was shit, but between Bannon, Russia and Facebook weak minded people are it up.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The United States is among the most technologically advanced countries in the world, was oceans away from the epidemics epicenter, had more time to prepare, and just a few years ago was the world leader in epidemic response. It didn’t have to be this way:

- The failure to test passengers on a quarantined cruise ship
    - More than two months spent telling the American public COVID-19 was no worse than the flu
    - Telling public-health officials to keep their mouths shut
    - Lying about the stock market, telling Americans to buy at the peak
    - The travel ban that wasn't a travel ban
    - Later, air travelers told to return home and then forced to stand in line among the infected
    - The failure to renew key contracts for the storage of protective medical gear
    - The failure to address panic-buying of medical gear
    - Not marshaling a national supply chain until months later
    - Governors in red states who kept beaches open along with Mardi Gras took direction from Trump
    - States bidding against other states for equipment
    - Apportioning federal aid based political consideration and praise
    - The firing of competent people, and filling those positions with nonexperts
    - Firing top level coordinators, and then the executive level failure to coordinate the CDC, FDA, HHS
    - Putting Jared Kushner in charge of government coordination

Denial was, and in many ways is, Trump's unofficial policy. All of this is fed by the swing from civic responsibility to abject nihilism by a person who cares above all else about protecting his ego.

So while it's true governments often fail to prepare, in the past they quickly rose to the occasion.
    I thought the RESPONSE of the current administration has been so incompetent--even malicious--and so exhaustively documented as to not need mentioning. But the lack of PREPAREDNESS goes back a long way. And just one example of something that can't be blamed entirely on Trump--the testing fiasco. The CDC was tasked with turning out tests on a scale it did not have the experience or infrastructure for. Adding to the stockpile has been neglected longer than Trump has been in office. It's important that we not blame Trump for the whole fiasco because there's a good chance the same thing will happen with the next pandemic, no matter who is President.

Chinese Rat Flu

I love reading how Trump did not close the borders soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought the RESPONSE of the current administration has been so incompetent--even malicious--and so exhaustively documented as to not need mentioning. But the lack of PREPAREDNESS goes back a long way. And just one example of something that can't be blamed entirely on Trump--the testing fiasco. The CDC was tasked with turning out tests on a scale it did not have the experience or infrastructure for. Adding to the stockpile has been neglected longer than Trump has been in office. It's important that we not blame Trump for the whole fiasco because there's a good chance the same thing will happen with the next pandemic, no matter who is President.
    Agreed, after this epidemic, let us become people with the ability to remember.