Page 340 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    No wonder you're consistently wrong about EVERYTHING.

First of all I stated "86% of cases were undocumented...-asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms"

since you've made it your life choice to out stupid the deplorable the "or" combines two categories as one.

So please continue the hysteria, but add a point of introspection...How are you profiting off it?
    Tell me is the average life span * .1%. greater or less than 1.4%.

Common Deebased, grow up. You originally wrote there was only a "20% (symptomatic rate)" which does not mean 80% are a asymptomatic because mild symptoms, are symptoms.

And also, just a few pages ago I wrote, "Every year somewhere between 5% to 20% of the U.S. population gets the flu. The percentages aren't higher because some people are vaccinated and there's also some herd immunity unless it's a novel strain. Setting aside uncertain fatality rates, other factors come into play like population susceptibility. Unfortunately, nearly everyone is susceptible to COVID-19."

That's fine if you want to claim that argument as your own but it's small comfort, if that's your point, that everything will be fine after COVID-19 burns through the population for a few cycles. Also, you have no way of knowing whether COVID-19 will be less or more lethal than the flu even if there is herd immunity in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    serious question, but does anyone know the number of folks intubated that actually recover?
    About 40% but that is an average.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Yeah, and Obama said there were 57 states. So what! You can't discount 8 years of a presidency based on one or even a handful of stupid statements. If you do, you're the idiot!
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ald-reagan.amp... Reagan was an idiot before becoming president and an idiot for 8 years as a president

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

I get so fucking tired of the politics here...

Article about the Match that most likely sent northern Italy into a tail spin.

https://sports.yahoo.com/italian-may...224218347.html

Idaho went to state wide stay at home except essential services for 21 days. Will reassess at 14 days and potentially extend past 21.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Common Deebased, grow up. You originally wrote there was only a "20% (symptomatic rate)" which does not mean 80% are a asymptomatic because mild symptoms, are symptoms.

And also, just a few pages ago I wrote, "Every year somewhere between 5% to 20% of the U.S. population gets the flu. The percentages aren't higher because some people are vaccinated and there's also some herd immunity unless it's a novel strain. Setting aside uncertain fatality rates, other factors come into play like population susceptibility. Unfortunately, nearly everyone is susceptible to COVID-19."

That's fine if you want to claim that argument as your own but it's small comfort, if that's your point, that everything will be fine after COVID-19 burns through the population for a few cycles. Also, you have no way of knowing whether COVID-19 will be less or more lethal than the flu even if there is herd immunity in the future.
    I hope you don't think what I was claiming was that this is just like the flu.... my point was that maybe it's not as bad as some of the pundits are making it out to be. I'm perfectly fine being proven wrong, so kudos.

Why is the Chinese data trustworthy? They seem to have a motive that's not really altruistic. That's why I thought the German and SK data are better

This thread was way more fun when we were cracking jokes and laughing into the face of death
    . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.44.26 PM.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	991.2 KB 
ID:	322282

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Why is the Chinese data trustworthy? They seem to have a motive that's not really altruistic. That's why I thought the German and SK data are better
    Better testing which allows for early treatment is probably the most important reason why Germany and SK are doing better. That's really what matters in the context of what's happening here in America. If we don't flatten the curve then the health care system is overwhelmed and better treatment becomes impossible. Those low numbers require advanced medical care.

So South Korea can either be used as an example of what's possible with the right health care response, or the low death rate can taken out of context to argue COVID-19 is no big deal and we should lift all restrictions, the "no worse than the flu" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This thread was way more fun when we were cracking jokes and laughing into the face of death

No one in US leadership is ahead of the curve.

Bullshit to the argument that this is on a scale we've never seen before. We modeled it. We calculated the probability that it might happen. If you prepared for another Spanish flu, then you woulda knocked this shit out of the park.

This fucking sucks and being on the back foot was so avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    I get so fucking tired of the sports talk here...

I like the way you frame it as a personal problem, something that hinges on your little moods...much more convincing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Had an odd conversation today with a buddy.

He is 65, healthy for the south but not so much Bozeman. Anyway, he was sick last week, headache, low grade fever/chills (99/100) range, cough, felt shitty. Went to his Doctor and they said "no test, fever isn't high enough", "you have the flu most likely."

Most Likely?
    And they didn't test for either. Great.

How bad do you think Flu deaths were before we evolved to the herd immunity stage?
    Native American Indians died from the "common cold" when first exposed. A "novel" corona virus to them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Re Trump's reelection--what matters is how things are going in Nov. Assuming we have an election in November. If the economy is great and deaths are flu-like numbers he will likely be reelected. If the economy is still in the total and millions die he won't be, assuming he is even alive.
    So now we have seeds of a great conspiracy.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-coronavirus/

A month ago it was "Trump is going to use this as an excuse to declare marshal law." But governors are requesting logistical help from U.S. Army and are mobilizing National Guard units if necessary.
    Now we can conspire to cancel the November election if ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I hope you don't think what I was claiming was that this is just like the flu.... my point was that maybe it's not as bad as some of the pundits are making it out to be. I'm perfectly fine being proven wrong, so kudos.

Keep watching the german data though. I can't help but think they are just lagging behind. And the fatalities appear to be starting the exponential rise.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    No one in US leadership is ahead of the curve.
    Because "US Leadership" or more accurately, any "Government Leadership" is an oxymoron.

It simply doesn't exist and if it ever has, it certainly hasn't been in any of our lifetimes.

Government is not proactive, government is reactive. That means they don't lead, they follow.
    To anyone who couldn't see this before, what's on display right now is so fucking obvious, no one with their eyes open can possibly miss it.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I thing Ghengis Kahn was pretty damn proactive...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Now we can conspire to cancel the November election if ...
    Trumps term expires 1/20/2021. Crisis or not if there is no election the Speaker of the House is next in line.

Can you say President Pelosi.....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I recall reagon. He released all the mental wards somthe government could save money. Yeah, that guy was great for America. As long as you were rich and white. Good fellow.
    I don't understand Reagan-worship, either. He was right about the Soviet Union - "take a hard line and they'll crumble from within" - but Paul Volcker, whom everyone gives Reagan credit for, was a Carter appointee whose mission to crush inflation started during Carter's presidency (and the resulting inflationary recession likely cost him the election). Reagan also signed a massive immigration amnesty, in addition to - as you correctly point out - the disastrous dehospitalization of the mentally ill that remains at the root of much of our homeless crisis. So in addition to the infamous "trickle-down economics" scam, he's not even a very good Republican!

I guess you had to be there to understand, because in retrospect I don't get it.

(It's funny how a "Trumptard" would have such opinions, isn't it? Isn't it also funny how a "Trumptard" didn't write one single post about him before, up to, during, or after the entire 2016 election - and literally my first post including the word "Trump" is from 2018, making fun of someone who assumed I was one?)

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Because "US Leadership" or more accurately, any "Government Leadership" is an oxymoron.

It simply doesn't exist and if it ever has, it certainly hasn't been in any of our lifetimes.

Government is not proactive, government is reactive. That means they don't lead, they follow.
    To anyone who couldn't see this before, what's on display right now is so fucking obvious, no one with their eyes open can possibly miss it.
    If you can't see that it's way way worse now than under previous administrations ....

I been hearing on CBC ever buddy from Newyawk is headed for Florida, the state was not really taking Covid serious any how, so maybe look for big numbers from Florida
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

***peeks head into new polyass subforum***

Yep, same shit.

***ducks back out***
    I still call it The Jake.

Name:	IMG_0463.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	507.7 KB 
ID:	322283

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Holy crap. Tool is relevant again. And interesting.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ***peeks head into new polyass subforum***

Yep, same shit.

***ducks back out***

Name:	67F2519B-B89C-4DF6-9393-2C121B391AD6.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	470.1 KB 
ID:	322284

/humor