Page 295 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Meanwhile, offering a morphine drip instead of a ventilator offers a myriad of societal benefits.
    Speechless. Quoting because speechless.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Longer than 2-3 months. Even if the deaths are contained and we're on the immunity downslope, would you go to an airport and fly or go to a baseball game or a mall?
    No. But we will slowly begin to open back up. I can see non essentials opening back up with the one person in the store policy currently in place for the local bike shop. Bike shops are allowed to remain open with certain rules in place, as bikes are transportation and parts and repairs are essential.

As a note, this is a great time to support your local shops. If you used to buy your tires online to save a few bucks keep in mind that (1) cardboard can harbor the virus for 14 hours (2) UPS has told drivers they can’t call in sick and to just use hand sanitizer (3) local shops already have product in hand and many are working through current inventory and not restocking which keep tricks off the road.

Tire shops around here won't sell you new tires at the moment, unless your old ones have less than 2/32nd's of tread remaining. Emergency tire replacements only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Shakes head.

Y’all are in more hysteria about sheltering in place than there is hysteria about the virus. It is not just the old and sick dying. That is just the majority. If we do nothing, it will overwhelm the first responders and health care professionals. They too will get sick. Not all of them will die, but who the hell is going to respond to your 10 car automobile pile up when the fire fighters, cops and doctors are all in bed with a fever.

Sorry that you just don’t get it, but kindly duck off. Let the government feed those hungry children and do what it is supposed to do. The only reason to ignore this thing is so the rich can keep their investments doing well.

Shakes head. Debased trying to make us believe you care about poor children.
    Sheltering in place is phenomenal. I'm spending 5x as much time with family and kids.

Yesterday I gave away 90% of my tp and groceries to a school teacher friend who's distributing it amongst her less fortunate students. Probably because the govt is so Goddamned effective.

and yes I'm going to invest in people who have 90% of their lives left over people who have <10%

But its cool, you're a volunteer for the PTA somewhere.

The compounding factors are the emotional and financial stresses, increased risk to disease and the corresponding commitment to poor health the boomers are levying on the next generations.

Meanwhile, offering a morphine drip instead of a ventilator offers a myriad of societal benefits.
    Personally, i'm not a boomer I'm told. Just missed it. But there is one thing I do know. Americans over time are getting less healthy. The boomers basically lived the healthiest lives of any generation in America that's still around. Keep that in mind while you blame your woes on the boomers. Your generation is creating multiple times the health problems that the boomers did.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Sure. First I'll touch on the 'You're stupid part.'
    It's not just old people dumbass. 20% of deaths will be under 64. 40% of hospitalizations are under 20-54
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927196

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6912e2_w

Or there's this, from 11 days ago in Italy. it has doubled twice since then, and more. https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/...-milan-health/

she added

Another Doctor from Niguarda hospital added

So you just reduced the height of the curve by 60%

Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    No. But we will slowly begin to open back up. I can see non essentials opening back up with the one person in the store policy currently in place for the local bike shop. Bike shops are allowed to remain open with certain rules in place, as bikes are transportation and parts and repairs are essential.

As a note, this is a great time to support your local shops. If you used to buy your tires online to save a few bucks keep in mind that (1) cardboard can harbor the virus for 14 hours (2) UPS has told drivers they can’t call in sick and to just use hand sanitizer (3) local shops already have product in hand and many are working through current inventory and not restocking which keep tricks off the road.
    I agree that I should support the local shop. I like them. But the Chinese tariff wars have fucked up the supply chains for parts for well over a year now, and God knows what the Chinese manufacturing shutdown has done. I have waited months for new wheels and a front derailleur. And, the shops are subject to the same restrictions of supply that the online retailers are. Amazon has been killing them for years, and will just murder them on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Speechless. Quoting because speechless.
    Days long suffocation sounds like a miserable way to die. The Morphine drip is much more humane.

But interpret it however you choose.

increased risk to disease and the corresponding commitment to poor health the boomers are levying on the next generations.
    Please explain what the hell you are getting at here.

I read that somewhere there is an MD who has figured out how to take one ventilator, run it flat out and with a bit of plumbing vent multiple patients
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Tire shops around here won't sell you new tires at the moment, unless your old ones have less than 2/32nd's of tread remaining. Emergency tire replacements only.
    Shit just got real.

That’s a multiple TGR thread killer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Please explain what the hell you are getting at here.

Shitty nutrition and stress kill... heart disease, high BP, strokes, obesity, etc. That's all becoming part of the CV tax.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...could-kill-you

Benny's probably right, this is going to be a 50T cost spread out over the next decade from a utilitarian perspective. Hopefully, the reset helps people focus on the value of each other.

We have some major stress issues right now.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I read that somewhere there is an MD who has figured out how to take one ventilator, run it flat out and with a bit of plumbing vent multiple patients
    Been covered. There was a publication on the subject a few years ago. It's a very easily modification. Not sure how widely it's being used in practice.

It's just the flu.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 1.49.14 PM.png
Views: 392
Size:  242.2 KB

Shitty nutrition and stress kill... heart disease, high BP, strokes, obesity, etc. That's all becoming part of the CV tax.

Benny's probably right, this is going to be a 50T cost spread out over the next decade from a utilitarian perspective. Hopefully, the reset helps people focus on the value of each other.
    Didn't seem to happen after the last crash.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Attachment 321634
    Friend from Amsterdam sent me this chart - looks like The Netherlands’ rate of infection curve is similar to Italy’s; it’s just 2 weeks behind...
    And talked to my nephew in the Netherlands this morning too. He said he is prepped and stocked but there are no mandatory lockdown there yet and today was a nice spring day and lot's of people were out and socializing. So I expect that the results will mimic Italy and France.

People are dropping like flies and the authorities the world over (for the most part) have their heads in the sand.

The only places that are doing good are where quick and decisive action has been taken.

thats ^^ also how many folks get/got the type2 diabetes

IME to lose 10-20 lbs means eating less, a bit of exercise all the a1c figures will fall in line

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    It's just the flu.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 1.49.14 PM.png
Views: 392
Size:  242.2 KB
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    And talked to my nephew in the Netherlands this morning too. He said he is prepped and stocked but there are no mandatory lockdown there yet and today was a nice spring day and lot's of people were out and socializing. So I expect that the results will mimic Italy and France.

People are dropping like flies and the authorities the world over (for the most part) have their heads in the sand.

The only places that are doing good are where quick and decisive action has been taken.
    Repost

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My friend in Greece said they go lockdown tomorrow. Have to send a text and be approved to leave the house. Government will tell you the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So we should just say "fuck 'em?"

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    thats ^^ also how many folks get/got the type2 diabetes

IME to lose 10-20 lbs means eating less, a bit of exercise all the a1c figures will fall in line
    Which is the opposite of what America is doing right now. No exercise and eating crap while watching TV. Yes, we will be even fatter soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Which is the opposite of what America is doing right now. No exercise and eating crap while watching TV. Yes, we will be even fatter soon.
    its not just eating crap its eating too much food so no portion control and they would have been doing this fo eva as an acepted lifestyle

so now this pandemic comes along out of nowhere, how will it affect the huge portions (20% in some states ?) of the population ( pun intended) that are obese ?

will they be affected like old people with health complications ????

Hopefully, the reset helps people focus on the value of each other.
    Perhaps we can start with you?
    What is your value?