Page 442 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,050 of 41810
    IHME projections now have Utah showing less than 200 deaths through the summer. I wonder what changed since a few day ago when it showed 600.

Still not sure what the end game is. Most of the projection models end before September, but it won’t be gone and a vaccine that quick is almost impossible. I’m more worried for this coming winter than I am for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Probably less antibacterial soap in 1918, too
    Toilet paper probably sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    99.9% of what I post are my own photos. They are on my phone, and some of them are on TRG. So I got no links.
    Image address inside of image tags works for TGR photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Toilet paper probably sucked.
    There was a run on corn cobs.

But really, people, the difference clearly is that we didn’t have hydroxychloroquine.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just for perspective, in Guayaquil, Ecuador, they not only can’t handle anywhere near enough victims in the hospitals, but haven’t been able to pick up the bodies left on the streets. Lots of rude vídeos coming out of there, which I will spare you.

The cardboard association just donated 1,000 cardboard coffins to the cause.

https://www.latercera.com/mundo/noti...e5e8b0791e8619

Maybe the hoped-for seasonality in the northern hemisphere won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Probably less antibacterial soap in 1918, too
    Antibacterial soap isn't any more effective than regular soap.

[I apologize if your comment was meant to be a joke. Sometimes it's hard to know these days]

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’m more worried for this coming winter than I am for the next few months.
    Me too

IHME projections now have Utah showing less than 200 deaths through the summer. I wonder what changed since a few day ago when it showed 600.
    Ya, the data was updated yesterday. I noticed Washington is now past peak resource day (peak resource day was April 2). All of the West coast states appear to be doing very, very well with much lower death numbers than previously forecasted. Washington and Oregon are giving away ventilators to NY.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Still not sure what the end game is. Most of the projection models end before September, but it won’t be gone and a vaccine that quick is almost impossible. I’m more worried for this coming winter than I am for the next few months.
    the curve here has flattened my health care professional of some level expertise spanser has gone to sleep
    but not many hospital admits this weekend and only 1 death of an elderly senior in a home.
    my worries extend far into the future
    but im Alfred e Newmanin on regardless
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The longer we can drag this out the better the chance doctors and researchers can figure out what treatment protocols work and which ones don’t.

It also helps that if your small towns don’t get overwhelmed until your big cities are on the backside of their tidal wave of patients that will then allow more open ICU beds in the city for the rural folks who will need to be sent there to have a chance.

The Spanish flu had past many years prior with not many deaths among the young bulls and the matadors had seen great loss. The field was somewhat more equalled that year they said in hushed tones at night. Only running was left to choose from the brave and the loss of the populous remaining interested in pastimes that seemed mild compared to the war torn memories, that's how she told this to me late at night, and I believed her as much as I could at the time.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
    From what I see, they now assume we all stay at home thru May.

In which case a large number of states come out in good shape. East coast from MD up to MA are fucked, IL and a few others don't look so great. Places like AL and LA don't look like they overrun their available resources.

The huge ranges in value are still kinda troubling though...can't imagine how wide they would be in six months

The Chinese invented toilet paper. I hope we can all appreciate the irony.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper

Ohio is going to start random sampling of the population for the cv19.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Interesting article if you have 45 minutes or so to read.
    "Economic Effects of the 1918 Influenza Pandemic:
    Implications for a Modern-day Pandemic"
    written in 2007
    https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/f...port.pdf?la=en
    I only skimmed that for now. Will read tomorrow. Too much has changed in the economy since 1918

Professor Knut Wittkowski, for twenty years head of The Rockefeller University's Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design.
    This guy is vehemently against quarantining/lockdown protocols. Given his credentials, disagreeing with him will make you look like an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Ohio is going to start random sampling of the population for the cv19.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Well, that’s pretty fucking stupid for multiple reasons IMO.

If it was an antibody test that’d be another story.

the list of people that disagree with Professor Knut is long and distinguished.

I got to the 3 minute mark before he said if we just do nothing except close the long term care facilities for 2-4 weeks we will be through all this. Oh shit it's just that simple!

Let's take Italy or Spain or New York City - if this is such a common scenario (the guy in the video says coronaviruses happen all the time like that means every coronavirus is the same - he knows they are not) then why don't we see stories of health care systems and funeral homes being overwhelmed like this all the time? Like every winter? If this is such a run of the mill situation? Trump has the full power and weight of every high level expert in the country at his fingertip - you think he wants the country to be shutdown and the economy to collapse? You think this is the deep state overblowing this to get him out of office with a well timed viral outbreak out of China?

And there's the asshat....

"we will see more deaths due to social distancing than without it"

If you're calling me an asshat that's a honor coming from you

you can see my post from earlier today where I replayed your greatest (bulls)hits

more deaths than lives saved from social distancing is a bold claim

but I've taken enough of your bullshit bait - Imma stop hitting the "view post" button on your otherwise ignored posts

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    If you're calling me an asshat that's a honor coming from you

you can see my post from earlier today where I replayed your greatest (bulls)hits

more deaths than lives saved from social distancing is a bold claim

but I've taken enough of your bullshit bait - Imma stop hitting the "view post" button on your otherwise ignored posts
    Keep watching 3 minutes of a 30 minute discussion then claim a professor of epidemiology and biostatistics doesn't know what he's talking about because it doesn't jive with the quack you saw on MSNBC spreading fear.

How do you know I'm not an expert in epidemiology and biostastics?

It is because an expert wouldn't tell you to choke on a bag of dicks?

Wow - guy is not only a world leading expert but also a true prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Wow - guy is not only a world leading expert but also a true prophet.
    Not even a little bit. The frequency of these in the last few decades means Trump is lucky he only caught one. Not so lucky in terms of contagiousness, but it was going to happen.